70mai vs BASEUS Car Jump Starter

Zack2222

Any lithium jump starter will become bloated with our hot weather. It’s just a matter of when and not if.

I tried different brands from Powerall to Noco to Ravpower, all the same. 2 became bloated after charging them, 1 became bloated after jumpstarting. I bought a Baseus now but never keep in car.

Those capacitors jump starter is the way to go but still ex now. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

WOAH. what dealership is this?

https://blog.seedly.sg/singapore-lifting-car-warranty-restrictions-game-changer-car-owners/

Jumpstart is never good for the car. And if you can change to an exact same battery from what the dealership give you, how your car salesman know you change the battery? This is amusing. haha

Premium Automobiles...

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Any lithium jump starter will become bloated with our hot weather. It’s just a matter of when and not if.

I tried different brands from Powerall to Noco to Ravpower, all the same. 2 became bloated after charging them, 1 became bloated after jumpstarting. I bought a Baseus now but never keep in car.

Those capacitors jump starter is the way to go but still ex now. 

Yes, I searched for capacitor jump starter, quite expensive.

4 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I used the xiaomi, rescued my own car once and rescued my neighbor's car once as well.  It has a boost button that if the normal power still unable to crank a car, just push the boost button to up the power. So far it worked twice.  Small size and cheap enough for a $70 gadget. 

Did your xiaomi become bloated after some time?

54 minutes ago, Zack2222 said:

Did your xiaomi become bloated after some time?

no , did not or have not. if bloated that means battery problem, better dont use it anymore , and dont leave it in your car or even at home.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Zack2222 said:

Premium Automobiles...

You take a photo of your battery and show us here. I try my best to find you the exact same thing.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Recently bought the BASEUS jumpstarter. But cannot comment as haven't use it before. Have tried using it to charge my phone though, it's slow.

My previous no brand jumpstarter was bloated after around 2 years of storage in car with occasional charging. Lucky it didn't explode. Will not be keeping my current one in the car. 

• Praise 2

My current Anker jump starter also became bloated after 4 years of being kept in the car. Fortunately, never had the need to use it other than use it as a power bank. Will buy a new one during upcoming  11.11 sales to replace.

• Praise 2

Isn’t it easier just to replace the battery every 2 years regardless? Or get a battery tester and check after 1.5years old. 
after hearing all the experience of the jump starter getting bloated, I don’t think that it is a viable long term solution.

Heck a jump start is almost the price of a new battery for a typical jap car. Maybe for those that uses din100 or AGM where the cost is high a jump start might make sense. For my cheapie jap runabout using 45aH, I rather just replace every 2 years. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, Rootkie said:

Recently bought the BASEUS jumpstarter. But cannot comment as haven't use it before. Have tried using it to charge my phone though, it's slow.

My previous no brand jumpstarter was bloated after around 2 years of storage in car with occasional charging. Lucky it didn't explode. Will not be keeping my current one in the car. 

It’s ironic isn’t it? Buy this but cannot keep in car. 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

I also kept one in my car. I take it as a kind of insurance for 3 years of coverage, quite cheap for about $80 that I paid.

Yes the cost of a battery is not that expensive, typical battery necessary for start-stop can get for about $150, not expensive but is the worry of when the battery will give way that is the reason why the jump-starter is good to have. You simply have no ides when and where it will happen. It is not possible to be always to look out for symptoms of a progressively weakened battery as we could be preoccupied with some issues and some of us are simply not savvy enough. And the 24hr battery rescue service might not have the battery that you prefer.

My current Anker jump-start battery has saved my butt two days in a row last year when my car could not be started, which allowed me to confirm that battery is faulty and replaced at my usual shop. Just need to take it out to charge every 6 months, not that difficult to do lah.

• Praise 1

I shared before.

If you managed to jumpstart your car and on the way to workshop for battery change, please turn off the auto start stop function. If it cut off the engine at traffic light, it might not start the engine again due to weak battery.

Happened to my friend, I had to help him jumpstart twice. Once at carpark and after that in the middle of the road. 😅🤣

Lucky I had the jumpstart kit.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

It’s ironic isn’t it? Buy this but cannot keep in car. 🤣

Yah exactly, kind of defeats the purpose. Now i just put the powerbank in my work bag. Works as an emergency supply for my phone as well. But it is not able to fast charge the phone though.

Edited by Rootkie
Typo

7 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Isn’t it easier just to replace the battery every 2 years regardless? Or get a battery tester and check after 1.5years old. 
after hearing all the experience of the jump starter getting bloated, I don’t think that it is a viable long term solution.

Heck a jump start is almost the price of a new battery for a typical jap car. Maybe for those that uses din100 or AGM where the cost is high a jump start might make sense. For my cheapie jap runabout using 45aH, I rather just replace every 2 years. 

Mine is an old car. Forget to turn off the lights in the cabin and you can't start the car the next day. I leave it in the car and it has saved my butt multiple times (at least 2-3 times a year). Once it saved me in some ulu KL carpark.

1 hour ago, Rootkie said:

Yah exactly, kind of defeats the purpose. Now i just put the powerbank in my work bag. Works as an emergency supply for my phone as well. But it is not able to fast charge the phone though.

Isn't it bloody heavy?

• Praise 2

21 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

You take a photo of your battery and show us here. I try my best to find you the exact same thing.

Here is the photo of my beautiful battery. Actually I am surprised how pristine the battery looks for this car, 37000km almost 2 years. My previous car, Altis, one of the terminal is already having lots of white powder on one of the terminal after driving a year plus.

But even if I find the exact looking battery, I still be in a dilemma, as if I sign for another 2 servicing when my car is due for next servicing, I hear that the package comes with a free battery.

FFE81024-D130-4170-8522-5A375650CF3F.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1