70mai vs BASEUS Car Jump Starter

Zack2222

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Zack2222 said:

Here is the photo of my beautiful battery. Actually I am surprised how pristine the battery looks for this car, 37000km almost 2 years. My previous car, Altis, one of the terminal is already having lots of white powder on one of the terminal after driving a year plus.

But even if I find the exact looking battery, I still be in a dilemma, as if I sign for another 2 servicing when my car is due for next servicing, I hear that the package comes with a free battery.

FFE81024-D130-4170-8522-5A375650CF3F.jpeg

WALAU. I tot what Audi OE battery. This one you anyhow throw one stone at a tyre shop also got sell. No scare lah. Can just change!

Rememeber to use back the AGM one. hahaha. Impt thing to take note. hahaha

Then you ask the workshop who is installing your battery don't write anything on it. like what it is.

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

WALAU. I tot what Audi OE battery. This one you anyhow throw one stone at a tyre shop also got sell. No scare lah. Can just change!

Then you ask the workshop who is installing your battery don't write anything on it. like what it is.

Thanks for the information, guess I don’t know much about batteries.

• Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

AGM is ho liao.

Ya, i checked on shopee AGM battery is around $300 for 70Ah. I though my car was using EFB which was much cheaper, until I opened my car bonnet.

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Tyre shop carry Varta but won't look like this la. Write or dun write also can tell difference.

Want to replace like for like will have to look for stockists.

• Praise 1

51 minutes ago, Zack2222 said:

Ya, i checked on shopee AGM battery is around $300 for 70Ah. I though my car was using EFB which was much cheaper, until I opened my car 

Below $300 for AGM 70ah can find.

Internal Moderator
18 hours ago, Zack2222 said:

Thanks for the information, guess I don’t know much about batteries.

I was once a noob too. 😂

Everyone start from somewhere! Glad that you found MCF for answers!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

47 minutes ago, Zack2222 said:

Ya, I think have to look for stockist. Normal Varta looks like light grey colour, my battery is all black.

Try Kian Hua Motor at Jalan Lembah Kallang. They are VW/Audi stockist. Should sell battery.

• Praise 1

On 10/28/2020 at 3:30 PM, Zack2222 said:

Ya, I think have to look for stockist. Normal Varta looks like light grey colour, my battery is all black.

Local Varta stockist battery is different from that which comes in your car. They are mostly from Europe, probably Spain. VW stockists can sell you "oem" but be warned it's not cheap. There's one at 40 Jl Pemimpin, VW stockist, Yee Fong.

The cheaper local Varta probably is made in some Asian countries for Asian market.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Local Varta stockist battery is different from that which comes in your car. They are mostly from Europe, probably Spain. VW stockists can sell you "oem" but be warned it's not cheap. There's one at 40 Jl Pemimpin, VW stockist, Yee Fong.

The cheaper local Varta probably is made in some Asian countries for Asian market.

You are expert. My battery is from Germany.

550CB677-9A8F-40D8-B9D3-F4F8B1DFFA89.png

4 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Do you have any views on 70mai jump starter?

Read this thread and decided to go check on my  Anker jump starter kit that was left untouched in the car for a year. 

A press of the button indicated still 100% charged. Surprised. 

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Read this thread and decided to go check on my  Anker jump starter kit that was left untouched in the car for a year. 

A press of the button indicated still 100% charged. Surprised. 

Try charging it or use it for jumpstarting.

Might be in for a surprise. 🤣

1 hour ago, Zack2222 said:

Do you have any views on 70mai jump starter?

I did some googling. 70mai appears to be "better" quality than other lithium-ion or lithium polymer jump starter. However, the failure will probably come when the battery get bloated like most, if not all, lithium-ion battery. I think it's the surge current during jump starting that stress out the battery.

I also gone through about 4 or 5 such jumpers, including PowerAll, Noco, and a few cheapo chinese ones.

If you want a safer chemistry, then look for lithium iron phosphate jump starter. There are not many around. I'm currently using Schumacher SL1. I've jump started quite a few cars with this. It's still working today.

The other safe option is batteryless jump starter which use ultracapacitors.

• Praise 2

Yes, those car cam brand like Thinkware, etc external battery are using lithium iron phosphate. I suppose those can tahan the heat but they are ex.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1