Singapore to import electricity from Malaysia under two-year trial

Ysc3

25 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I remember Malaysia is still burning coal while we are already on gas and some solar.

Maybe from a big solar farm in Malaysia? 

Its possible. Anyway, more googling online reveals our own long term plans for solar power. What's interesting is the part in bold below...

Singapore's Energy Market Authority (EMA) separately confirmed it will launch the trial for 100 MW of electricity imports from neighbouring Malaysia possibly by end-2021.

Meanwhile Singapore is aiming for a massive boost in solar power as its most viable renewable energy source to generate electricity, Chan said. The target is to raise its solar generation capacity to at least 2 Gigawatt-peak (GWp), referring to nameplate capacity, by 2030, up from around 390 Megawatt-peak in the second quarter this year.

"The public sector will take the lead in catalysing solar deployment, and together with the private sector, we work will towards potentially achieving 1.5 GWp of solar deployment by 2025," said Chan.

To address the intermittent nature of solar energy, the EMA and Keppel Offshore and Marine have jointly awarded a research grant to a consortium led by Envision Digital to develop what would be Singapore's first floating energy storage system, a 7.5 MW stacked lithium-ion battery facility.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Then I hope Malaysia starts charging our gahmen huge tariffs on that electricity, using the same logic our gahmen used to levy tax on the poor chap who tried to bring the first Tesla into Singapore. 😂😂😂

Damn. That means Sinkies will be footing the bill instead, for "smart" decisions made by our dear Minister of MTI. 😁

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Lethalstrike said:

Damn. That means Sinkies will be footing the bill instead, for "smart" decisions made by our dear Minister of MTI. 😁

That onus shall be placed upon the residents of Tanjong Pagar GRC.

But pigs might fly if they do a LPM there.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Haven't we always been? 😂

• Angry 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I'm sure you heard the rumours about how Lum was jinxed. Sounds almost silly to believe such petty personal crap may be involved but having seen the way these jokers have been "governing" of late, nothing much surprises me anymore.

i heard about Creative... 

what happen Lum??

5 hours ago, Playtime said:

i heard about Creative... 

what happen Lum??

I've never heard anything related to Creative. 

Lum was jinxed loh. Girly spat. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Kyrios said:

I thought we have some excess capacity..thats why olivia lum was decimated? Anyone can confirm why pappies doing this?

We have oversupply by 100%. I can only think we about to change gear and ramp up demand and bring in electricity guzzlers....full electric cars, data centers hub, car manufacturing hub? 

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Kyrios said:

I thought we have some excess capacity..thats why olivia lum was decimated? Anyone can confirm why pappies doing this?

Maybe Muyhiddin PM call ah loong, "hello bro, I need more money, can help ?", so there the electricity  laundering goes. 😀😀

This could be the reason why.

https://www.idnfinancials.com/news/30514/gas-supply-singapore-diverted-indonesia

JAKARTA. The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (ESDM) plans to stop the supply of natural gas for Singapore in 2023, then divert it to the domestic market.

"It will be diverted into the country," said Arifin Tasrif, Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, through an official statement.

Currently, the gas supply for Singapore is distributed from the Suban Field (Corridor Block), which is worked on by ConocoPhillips. While waiting for the gas distribution contract to Singapore to end, Tasrif admitted that his party is looking for new gas wells to increase domestic gas supply.

"We have approached a number of wells for allocation (purchase gas) so that we can connect the pipeline from Dumai," said Tasrif. (KR/AR)

Need to come up with a back up plan.

• Praise 3

8 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I remember Malaysia is still burning coal while we are already on gas and some solar.

Maybe from a big solar farm in Malaysia? 

The power plant chimneys you can see from tuas checkpoint, just next to forest city,  belongs to a coal plant. But its very well designed and clean.

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Karoon said:

The power plant chimneys you can see from tuas checkpoint, just next to forest city,  belongs to a coal plant. But its very well designed and clean.

Yes, Tanjung Bin if i remember correctly.  Last time i go kukup, drove around the area.

Supercharged
3 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

I've never heard anything related to Creative. 

Lum was jinxed loh. Girly spat. 

Kenna shown monkey with middle finger? 🙂

• Haha! 1

They stole my idea again.

I wrote here on MCF I wanted to move to Woodlands and pull a cable from JB to my place .

Just run a cable under the water so I pay my electricity in RM.

😁

How many times must people steal my idea and not give me credit.

Even the Scoot Tiger merger was my idea.

I was hoping for Tiger prices and Scoot service but we got Scoot prices and Tiger service.

I wish I kept my idea to myself.

• Haha! 3

3 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

If i not wrong,S'pore Gov't sold 2 Power Plants to China,i wonder why S'pore will sell Profit making Plants to Overseas.?

Is that treason? [laugh]

Selling away national assets and sensitive ones too..to a foreign power that has been on the brink of aggression the last few years towards smaller nations..

In UK and other countries, this type of sales would need to be debated properly in parliament....unfortunately over here it is just 一只手把天遮住...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Sad 1