radio station hopping

Darkcolt

Neutral Newbie

Just install a cheap andriod hu from online. There is radio problem i wish bro can help.

The station can be preset. it is kind of strong that it actually search out about 40 over station.

Problem, whenever im at a zone where there are other frequency, it disrupt my radio and to exetreme,

my station jumpped to another. Common place is carpark gantry, everytime enter, it goes distorded

and possible station jumpping. It is not the the signal not strong, it just get interference easily.

Hope kind soul out there knows how to solve.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
8 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

How do you ground your headunit?

gotten a model suit my veh. just plug and play, no special cutting of wire require.

Neutral Newbie
21 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Have gave up playing local stations n only Spotify now

well, dont wish to use hotspot from phone but am considering using 4G dongle via usb. not very sure if it will work. need to google more to find out.

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie
16 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

or where should i add an extra ground if everything is plug n play?

2 minutes ago, Darkcolt said:

or where should i add an extra ground if everything is plug n play?

For car audio interference the most common thing to do is to add a 5-point grounding. You can easily Google.

How about your HU user manual? Does it tell you where to do the grounding?

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Darkcolt said:

Just install a cheap andriod hu from online. There is radio problem i wish bro can help.

The station can be preset. it is kind of strong that it actually search out about 40 over station.

Problem, whenever im at a zone where there are other frequency, it disrupt my radio and to exetreme,

my station jumpped to another. Common place is carpark gantry, everytime enter, it goes distorded

and possible station jumpping. It is not the the signal not strong, it just get interference easily.

Hope kind soul out there knows how to solve.

I think you can consider a stronger antenna

https://www.lazada.sg/products/windshield-car-am-fm-radio-antenna-signal-amplifier-booster-12v-universal-antena-ih5j96ox-i997438402-s3627624947.html?spm=a2o42.searchlist.list.5.16c529faQaEnjU&search=1

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Grounding will help with the radio quality too.

https://www.lazada.sg/catalog/?q=aux+ground&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o42.searchlist.search.go.7d997425dfcT3a

18 hours ago, Darkcolt said:

well, dont wish to use hotspot from phone but am considering using 4G dongle via usb. not very sure if it will work. need to google more to find out.

use your usb SIM and plug to a old phone permanently.

That will give u comfort and ease your inconvenience of plugging here and there .

Neutral Newbie
3 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

use your usb SIM and plug to a old phone permanently.

That will give u comfort and ease your inconvenience of plugging here and there .

u mean permanmently using the phone as internet access, or able to wired phone 4G signal via the USB ?

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, badlammy said:

Use android auto + TuneIn. Better clarity and can rewind haha. Won't use much data la.

just checked on google play, these 2 combo seem good and i do like the Tunein icon arrangement, suit my style for the online radio (too many messy choice to try n try)

Key word " wont use much data" If i only got 1GB to spare for a month, 5hrs daily driving, enough mah?

Does Sportify eats data?

Neutral Newbie
20 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

Stronger antenna helps, do that first.

Actually, my original player was good with the original antenna, this eliminate the problem from antenna. Think is strong as it able to search out 40 stations and stationery is very clear to most stations. Only had to deal with interference, dunno why so sensative one. Gantry signal confirmed crash the radio, sometimes station hopping which i cannot tolarate. Not sure the grounding accessories can tackle this problem since i do have the clarity most time.

It sounds like your radio is too sensitive.

You should actually desensitize it, maybe even removing the antenna to test, au contraire to increasing antenna gain.

If you were driving in US, for a normal HU, you would tune to "Local station" (which is desensitized) bcuz there are many overlapping stations which would interfere with each other.

Edited by Kb27

Mine android HU also did the same thing before.

check your radio settings whether can disable the auto search (when signal is weak).

mine disable and now radio will not auto hop (when signal is weak). just noise now.

↡ Advertisement