First 10 electric double-decker buses hit the roads in Singapore

kobayashiGT

49 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Why not?  Smelly smelly also got 30 mins right?

Dont know how long bus stops at interchange before their next trip le?

↡ Advertisement

6 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

They can do anything they want, just don't pass on the cost to the end consumer via increase in bus fares.

Well, ultimately its for  the public transport Council to decide whether there will be any fare increase. 

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Dont know how long bus stops at interchange before their next trip le?

If you take buses frequently form the interchange, it can be a quick 5 min turn around during peak period.

I don't know if the smart alex who suggested electric buses for Singapore has taken public transport?

• Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

If you take buses frequently form the interchange, it can be a quick 5 min turn around during peak period.

I don't know if the smart alex who suggested electric buses for Singapore has taken public transport?

It's the stepping stone to promote nuclear power station :grin:

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

EV public buses? The bus can last to run the whole day meh? :huh: Since one full charge can last between 200km to 300km?!

China already a lot running on the road.

Expect battery to be huge.

Àlready ride in Shanghai last year, when move off basically a electric motor ummmmm sound. Very quuet.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 3

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

More torque also!

bus want high torque useful meh? Not F1 leh... i still remember the occasions decades ago when bus drivers tot they were F1 (not yet have F1 then... i think) drivers...

passengers suffered leh...

49 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

They can do anything they want, just don't pass on the cost to the end consumer via increase in bus fares.

Based on Fare formula, fare likely to reduce in 2022.

Just now, Atrecord said:

bus want high torque useful meh? Not F1 leh... i still remember the occasions decades ago when bus drivers tot they were F1 (not yet have F1 then... i think) drivers...

No torque = CRAWL

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

But dont know if the ride is better in an EV bus than diesel bus? Maybe find one day go take this EV bus?! [:p]

Still need driver to drive. Driver sudden breaking you will still feel unease.

11 minutes ago, Tohto said:

China already a lot running on the road.

Expect battery to be huge.

Àlready ride in Shanghai last year, when move off basically a electric motor ummmmm sound. Very quuet.

ST already did a story on autonomous bus in 2018

Just now, Kopites said:

Still need driver to drive. Driver sudden breaking you will still feel unease.

EV uses regen brake rather than conventional brake

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

EV public buses? The bus can last to run the whole day meh? :huh: Since one full charge can last between 200km to 300km?!

Assuming  max it out  to 300km, a bus can last for 6x 50km trip each, i  think doable for a single shift but will not be able to run from morning to night. 

Next is the start stop nature of a bus, to expect 300km range would be a far fetch, what will worsen the range is when a battery have undergone many chrage and recharge , wont be surprise that it may drop to 150km range  . But I am just a layman, maybe I don't see what the LTA engineers do.

3 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Ya lor. I don't think it is wise. our country so hot. the battery sure gone very fast one.

Unless they can do a solar electric bus. No need charging. can just keep going. Pressphoto3-cropped.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Batteries last longer in hot weather, they get drained off quickly when the weather is cold. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

Internal Moderator
24 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

24 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

No torque = CRAWL

Yah. Sometimes i will take feeder bus to paya lebar and the bus makes a lot of noise but it is crawling. I keep thinking must be got leak some where. hahah

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Assuming  max it out  to 300km, a bus can last for 6x 50km trip each, i  think doable for a single shift but will not be able to run from morning to night. 

Next is the start stop nature of a bus, to expect 300km range would be a far fetch, what will worsen the range is when a battery have undergone many chrage and recharge , wont be surprise that it may drop to 150km range  . But I am just a layman, maybe I don't see what the LTA engineers do.

Batteries last longer in hot weather, they get drained off quickly when the weather is cold. 

Yeah. but also will get bloated faster with heat mah. 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Yah. Sometimes i will take feeder bus to paya lebar and the bus makes a lot of noise but it is crawling. I keep thinking must be got leak some where. hahah

Bus should really be a last mile transportation  as much as possible, so as long as it moves, I am fine with it .😁

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Yeah. but also will get bloated faster with heat mah. 😂

One will get a bigger bus ?😀😀

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

With Regen braking, it may not be as bad as 150km.  Provided driver is properly trained.

Degradation of battery depends on how the battery is being set up.

For Taycan, there is a 20% buffer in battery capacity to prolong its life.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2