[Official] 2021 Genesis GV70

Carbon82

While many of us are still admiring the facelifted G70, the assault continues in Korea with Genesis showing to the world another brand new SUV in its lineup! :a-m1212:

Come on KMC, please re-introduce the Genesis brand in Singapore. It should perform much better this time round.

Genesis-GV70-5-1.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-BS-1.jpg

Genesis-GV70-3-1.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-BS-2.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-BS-3.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-BS-4.jpg

Genesis-GV70-2-1.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-BS-7.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-BS-8.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-BS-5.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-BS-6.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-Sport-2.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-Sport-6.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-Sport-4.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-Sport-3.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-Sport-5.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-Sport-1.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-Sport-7.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-Sport-8.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-Sport-9.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-Sport-11.jpg

2021-Genesis-GV70-Sport-10.jpg

We’ve known for a while now that the Genesis lineup is growing, and today the company showed off the newest member of the family. The 2022 GV70 SUV made its unofficial debut in typical Genesis form: no specifics, but a few pictures to grab our attention.

It’s not the first time the Korean luxury brand has pulled off this stunt; it sneakily pulled the cover off the new G80 sedan in similar style. But today is all about the GV70, the second SUV in the Genesis range of cars, acting as the little sibling to the GV80.

Now that it’s not wearing any camouflages, we can see the GV70’s full design, including a rather close resemblance to the recently facelifted G70 sedan. The brand’s dual-line motif continues here with the split headlight and taillight layout, along with the now-ubiquitous shield grille. We’ll argue that the GV70 is a bit spicier than the GV80, especially with the dramatic c-pillar shape, and attention-seeking upright exhausts. Genesis also previewed the GV70 Sport, which includes blacked-out details and specific oval exhausts. And wow, the wheels look great, too.

Inside things are more familiar, with the same 14.5-inch touchscreen perched atop the dash (as in the GV80), and ditto the 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster. The GV70 shakes up the recipe some, with ambient lighting surrounding the climate controls, and oval shapes popping up throughout the interior. While more pictures are sure to follow soon, Genesis' latest cabin design seems like a fun reinterpretation of prior models.

Although the company is still mum on the majority of the specs, but we can assume – with some certainty – what will be under the hood. That means donations from the GV80, including a standard 2.5-liter four-cylinder and optional 3.5-liter six-cylinder, with potentially up to 375 horsepower.

Stay tuned for more updates. [:)] 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

Lovely interior.  I like the subtle design of the aircon vents. 

Exterior nice also, but back pillar/window design not so much.  Prefer the more streamlined look of the GV80 in that regards. 

• Praise 1

Why almost every car designer forgets about the infotainment screen and only sticks on a tablet on the dash after completing the interior design?

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Wtf with the back pillars?

Koreans always screw up when it matters...

99D00384-939A-407C-B5EF-317399E79CD1.jpeg

This C-pillar is OK to me as it matches with the quarter window and it looks sporty. The tail light clusters spot a tinge of Porsche Cayenne Coupe Sport.

• Praise 2

Oh yes this looks gorgeous.. please bring this to SG.. if Komoco not interested, I wonder if there is any other dealer who will bring Genesis in..

There is nothing wrong in having the infotainment system at where it is..

• Praise 1

Very nice.... the interior is retro and at the same time looks minimalist modern.  Red interior is so sexy.

Loss of words to describe.  Can't see any jap manufacturer whom can match....

• Praise 3

5 minutes ago, Fat_slayer said:

Very nice.... the interior is retro and at the same time looks minimalist modern.  Red interior is so sexy.

Loss of words to describe.  Can't see any jap manufacturer whom can match....

lexus??  infiniti? . top range toyota model which is not popular in sg .

some year back i spot a new model crown around my area a few time. 

Edited by Beregond

4 hours ago, Freeder said:

Wtf with the back pillars?

Koreans always screw up when it matters...

99D00384-939A-407C-B5EF-317399E79CD1.jpeg

Reminds me of the Mercedes ML Class

mercedes-benz_m-klasse_edition_10_1_00c6

mercedes-benz_ml_350_bluetec_amg_sports_

4 hours ago, Fitvip said:

This C-pillar is OK to me as it matches with the quarter window and it looks sporty. The tail light clusters spot a tinge of Porsche Cayenne Coupe Sport.

The rear look more like the pre-facelift Macan.

porsche_macan_gts_50_02780000089d05dc.jp

porsche_macan_gts_91_012a030f08230602.jp

5 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Why almost every car designer forgets about the infotainment screen and only sticks on a tablet on the dash after completing the interior design?

From ergonomic point of view, the tablet on dash design offer the best usability in term of reducing head and eye movement (vs screen located in the middle of the dash. But it is very difficult to integrate the screen on top of the dash. Honda did it but gotten many negative feedback then. 

autowp.ru_honda_odyssey_jp-spec_8.jpg

• Praise 7

6 hours ago, Beregond said:

lexus??  infiniti? . top range toyota model which is not popular in sg .

some year back i spot a new model crown around my area a few time. 

Ops, I m sorry, should have mention similar price range. However, looking at pictures (only) it does looks better than the IS300 (imho) and definitely much better than the current aging Q50. 

• Haha! 1

On 10/29/2020 at 8:18 PM, Carbon82 said:

Reminds me of the Mercedes ML Class

mercedes-benz_m-klasse_edition_10_1_00c6

mercedes-benz_ml_350_bluetec_amg_sports_

The rear look more like the pre-facelift Macan.

porsche_macan_gts_50_02780000089d05dc.jp

porsche_macan_gts_91_012a030f08230602.jp

From ergonomic point of view, the tablet on dash design offer the best usability in term of reducing head and eye movement (vs screen located in the middle of the dash. But it is very difficult to integrate the screen on top of the dash. Honda did it but gotten many negative feedback then. 

autowp.ru_honda_odyssey_jp-spec_8.jpg

What about sunlight glare when driving in the day? Don't these screens that stand like a tablet or tombstone at the top of the dash suffer from poor visibility once the sun comes up?

On 11/8/2020 at 6:43 PM, teomingern said:

What about sunlight glare when driving in the day? Don't these screens that stand like a tablet or tombstone at the top of the dash suffer from poor visibility once the sun comes up?

Is it really a problem though? The screen is usually placed at an angle that won't reflect sunlight glare.. It's not like the screen is facing upwards..

On 11/8/2020 at 7:43 PM, teomingern said:

This might just be an old problem.

In the past, sure the screens had glare issues. nowadays with all the proper coating, you seldom find a problem when you use smartphone in the sun right? it'll be the same here

On 11/10/2020 at 6:27 AM, Ishiwgao said:

This might just be an old problem.

In the past, sure the screens had glare issues. nowadays with all the proper coating, you seldom find a problem when you use smartphone in the sun right? it'll be the same here

My smartphone boosts its screen's brightness levels to the brightest possible to remain legible... not sure if the screen would do that and if it would withstand a prolonged boost like that? I have seen cars where there are anti-glare coatings on the screens but somehow the sunlight enters at an angle that creates a haze and diminishes the clarity of the screen... I thought lower down seems to be more helpful... my experience with the rental Seat Ibiza in UK that came with SatNav was very positive as the screen was lower down and not affected in anyway by the glare of the sun...

Come on, hope Hyundai bring this to SG, the 2.5T will be enough. Korea variant come with a huge 14.5” infotainment system! 

Edited by Fellows
↡ Advertisement