To park here or not? Fair?

StreetFight3r

Post from ROADS.sg

Do you think this request by the Resident's Committee town council is fair in asking the public NOT to park at those timings for the sake of their residents there?
Where do we draw the line if every Town Council puts banners requesting HDB, URA and NParks to accommodate resident's collective interest. Just saying.
This is at Jalan Kayu MSCP

122777509_3825145210851187_3608192095531920700_n.jpg.6b9e707f626a9badc8c1c40a5c33c97d.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Not legally enforceable unless season lots. 

But visitors should install and monitor car cams all around. Not that it would help much, given the previous account on MCF of vehicular mischief that went unpunished. 

I think the root issue is MSCP dont generate a lot of revenue so HDB just build enough lots for the residents. LoL...

HDB dont care if there's a popular place of interest near this MSCP. But cant blame them. They would be thinking why should they be providing cheaper parking for non-residents. Haha...

4 minutes ago, UncleAtas said:

Its a public carpark. There are season lots for a reason. As long non residents park in the white lots. I dont see any problem.

Unless visitors also parked at those season lots. But where is this carpark? Is the carpark always very full from visitors parking there? Anyway, it is a public carpark, residents have no rights to stop visitors from parking lo, even they are season parking holder.

• Praise 1

People ask nicely.

If really no need to park don't park lah.

If you are season parking and you really need to park cos nowhere else to park then park lah.

:grin:

Why people these days don't know how to think one?

If its my MIL place, whole week also I will avoid to help out.

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Unless visitors also parked at those season lots. But where is this carpark? Is the carpark always very full from visitors parking there? Anyway, it is a public carpark, residents have no rights to stop visitors from parking lo, even they are season parking holder.

if they complain to mp enough then maybe will convert to full season only? like my cp mscp only for seasoned holders..

visitors only can park outside mscp

I am sure there will be an idiot

insist on parking there although don't need to be there

to prove a point to fight for his rights!

Live far far away also drive all the way there just to park at that time.

People these days are really getting more and more stupid.

• Haha! 8

aiya they didnt say cannot park ma, or stop any 1 from parking. 

maybe near a very popular eating place or something i guess.

lppl if u live near these place, only way is complain at once if any visitor encroach into season parking lot. 

Actually its a stupid sign.

Just convert to red lots

and solve the problem once and for all.

Ask nicely you think people will help or not?

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

hmmm? they lazy to get the carpark operator come down and fine those people taking up red lots?

I don't get this. LOL.

As a HDB resident, i cannot understand the purpose of the banner.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

If that's the case, HDB should just put a sign there and say this carpark for season parking only from 7pm to 7am and then paint all the lots red and white. 

Then just issue summons for those that are not season ticket holders.

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I am sure there will be an idiot

insist on parking there although don't need to be there

to prove a point to fight for his rights!

Live far far away also drive all the way there just to park at that time.

People these days are really getting more and more stupid.

sound like my dad. if he can park else where but he see this, he will ask why public cp cannot park. 我就是要停這邊leh

• Haha! 4

4 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

if they complain to mp enough then maybe will convert to full season only? like my cp mscp only for seasoned holders..

visitors only can park outside mscp

True, covert the whole carpark to half red lot or even full red lot would stop visitors from parking if the parking lots are so limited in this carpark for season holders. Some carpark even dont have overnight parking for visitors, and visitors if staying after 10.30pm need to park far away also no choice lo.

Public carpark white lots why cannot park?

Entitled fellas. Just like those a**hole private property owners who put cones on public roads to reserve lots. They should be fined jialat jialat.

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

hmmm? they lazy to get the carpark operator come down and fine those people taking up red lots?

I don't get this. LOL.

As a HDB resident, i cannot understand the purpose of the banner.

Carpark enforcer also not possible to come down to fine those people taking up red lots all the time lo, not a good long term solution to resolve this problem also. Same theory like drivers always illegal park/stop along some busy road side, those LTA enforcer also cannot be there 24/7 to fine those illegal park/stop cars. Lol.

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Carpark enforcer also not possible to come down to fine those people taking up red lots all the time lo, not a good long term solution to resolve this problem also. Same theory like drivers always illegal park/stop along some busy road side, those LTA enforcer also cannot be there 24/7 to fine those illegal park/stop cars. Lol.

hmm. just need to have app to take photo of suspicious car not in season parking lot. Then encourage residents to submit themselves...

How difficult is that in this day and age. It's just these Carpark operators are bloody lazy. Just want to collect money.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

46 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

Post from ROADS.sg

122777509_3825145210851187_3608192095531920700_n.jpg.6b9e707f626a9badc8c1c40a5c33c97d.jpg

Its a public HDB carpark so public users have the right to park at white lot when desired.

If the residents want private carpark, they should go and stay in condo or landed properties 😂

↡ Advertisement