To park here or not? Fair?

StreetFight3r

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

It mention Jalan Kayu, but I can't remember Jalan Kayu area any mscp? The nearest hdb mscp should be around SK Fernvale area. Which is belong to AMK GRC. 

If refer to jalan kayu prata that row of shop houses, guess there is a nearest mscp around sengkang west way.

4 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Public carpark white lots why cannot park?

Entitled fellas. Just like those a**hole private property owners who put cones on public roads to reserve lots. They should be fined jialat jialat.

I actually disagree with this STATEMENT even though I live in HDB.

Cos the equivalent of a parking space outside a private house is the common corridor for the HDB.

While I do disagree with the PRACTICE of choping a place outside of the house to reserve a parking slot, if the enforcement is to be standard, then even putting of slippers or shoe racks outside of the flat should be banned.  After all the HDB owner did not pay for the space outside the flat.  And I see a lot happening.  Sometimes it's just flower pots but also in a way "choping"' cos people might hang their towels there to dry, hide spare keys...

So I would give and take.  Unless too obvious like chope multiple lots or spaces...

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

hmmm? they lazy to get the carpark operator come down and fine those people taking up red lots?

I don't get this. LOL.

As a HDB resident, i cannot understand the purpose of the banner.

I heard of two cases.

One is in telok blangah.  Not sure location but opposite mt FABER SAFRA and near Radin Mas CC.  It's near a market.  Always crowded.  And there was no gantry there. So anyway season parking holders end up having no lots or have to park illegally (and then appeal when summoned). Heard they complained to the MP but problem is solved but not sure how cos I don't go there anymore.

Another place in marsiling Block 18 marketplace.  It's very packed on weekends until they waive the free parking during the peak hours.  But I dont know if they ban non season parking cars from parking.  I only saw the sign no free parking from this time to this time and I drove off liao....

• Praise 1

Popular mscp like the holland village hdb ones have tons of red lots at lower levels and need to go really high for non season parking. Also got constant patrols of summon aunties (pre covid) so almost guarantee to get summon for those who try their luck.

So this banner really serve no purpose if they don't draw more red lots or the MP boh power to push hdb.

• Praise 3

Just trying to tell the public that the residents of this particular estate very lich.

All professionals with each household owning at least 2 cars, that's why carpark lots not enough.

Ridiculous. The residents should ask themselves, if the shoe is on the other foot, they drive out and everywhere paste this kind of LJ refrain banners they song or not? 

1 hour ago, Ganwb79 said:

Ridiculous. The residents should ask themselves, if the shoe is on the other foot, they drive out and everywhere paste this kind of LJ refrain banners they song or not? 

Depends.  Some places are really short of parking lots on weekends or peak periods like lunch. Example.  Block 18 marsiling drive open air carpark.  The next nearest is block 16 which is even smaller.  The next nearest would be block 7 and block 12 but those are relatively far away and totally not connected to those living at block 18.

Yea I live near there last time and the problem was never solved until recently (by taking away the free parking during peak periods on Sunday and public holidays) and not sure how solved is it actually cos I rarely go there now.

So it also depends.  Maybe the HDB received feedback but did not want to do anything so they are forced to do something like this.

And to add on, it's not merely the parking that's an issue.  Its those waiting for the lots that obstruct the car parks.  If it's one car waiting it's still ok but if many cars are waiting or circling around waiting for lots, it's another problem.  The whole car park is jammed up.

Edited by Philipkee

Actually, can see many selfish people in this tread trying to masterb...their ego.

The town council or hdb or whoever that printed the banner also silly, waste money print banner.

Just increase parking charges to $5 per hour and non season holders will not park there anymore. If still not enough lot after increase, then just make more expensive lah. What is so difficult. Supply and demand. Free market. PAP teach me one. I only just reference ERP system way of working.

Don't even need to waste money buy red paint for season lot marking.

Edited by Calinlin
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

On 10/30/2020 at 11:00 AM, StreetFight3r said:

Post from ROADS.sg

122777509_3825145210851187_3608192095531920700_n.jpg.6b9e707f626a9badc8c1c40a5c33c97d.jpg

Simple solution.

Convert all white lots on the upper levels to red & white lots which restricts non season parking holders form parking between 7pm to 7am.

This should be Blk 446 Jalan Kayu, those new towering BTOs, only got 2 decks for this carpark to serve few tower blks. If carpark is full, those blks along Jalan Kayu road need to walk all the way to Blk 443 to park which can be quite a distance. Definitely a design failure, 2 decks to serve 3-4 towers blk + 1 blk of rental flats. 

446.png

39 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

This should be Blk 446 Jalan Kayu, those new towering BTOs, only got 2 decks for this carpark to serve few tower blks. If carpark is full, those blks along Jalan Kayu road need to walk all the way to Blk 443 to park which can be quite a distance. Definitely a design failure, 2 decks to serve 3-4 towers blk + 1 blk of rental flats. 

446.png

Minister say Car lite...... 

no lots your own problem. Hahah

8 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Minister say Car lite...... 

no lots your own problem. Hahah

I understand that ministers get driven around ma, no parking no problem just alight go appointment... Finish meeting then got car awaiting them liao right?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1