Eatigo and Lazada website got hacked

Wind30

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/eatigo-data-breach-personal-information-millions-account-13425082

I don't think I do redmart but I have Eatigo...

The most stupid thing about Eatigo is that they still claim that your passwords are safe while they are using md5 encryption which is very outdated and is supposedly very easy to break...

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

Never used Eatigo. 

Have used Lazada and Redmart frequently. Damn. But they keep claiming it's an old database. No idea if I've been compromised. 

A good way to check if you've been pwned from data breaches and hacks: 

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

...and, yes, I have. Repeatedly. From credible websites. Funnily enough, the shadier websites I've signed up to with alternate emails have never been breached. Goes to show...

(The pwned website has yet to be updated with the details of the Redmart breach).

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

...and, yes, I have. Repeatedly. From credible websites. Funnily enough, the shadier websites I've signed up to with alternate emails have never been breached.

ooo....which sites ah? educational?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, Playtime said:

ooo....which sites ah? educational?

Recreational. Very little I need to be educated on. 😂

(And of course, I know what you meant. It's what I meant too.😁

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Wind30 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/eatigo-data-breach-personal-information-millions-account-13425082

I don't think I do redmart but I have Eatigo...

The most stupid thing about Eatigo is that they still claim that your passwords are safe while they are using md5 encryption which is very outdated and is supposedly very easy to break...

I asked them to explain and define what is "encrypted password". Yet to hear from them. 

I am wondering if I should use a password manager.... 

I changed my Lazada password just in case as that site has payment methods.

Lazada and Eatigo should be fined jialat jialat. I received the email from lazada about my redmart account being one of those compromised.

Even if the data breach doesnt lead to stolen credit card details, the user's email and mobile number could be sold to spammers and marketeers.

I'm sure many of us had experienced receiving whatsapp message about betting, loans, and emails about unclaimed packages, inheritances etc.

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I asked them to explain and define what is "encrypted password". Yet to hear from them. 

Most likely is when you type your password on your browser on their website, it will be encrypted before sending through the internet to their servers.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Sotong1977 said:

Lazada and Eatigo should be fined jialat jialat. I received the email from lazada about my redmart account being one of those compromised.

Even if the data breach doesnt lead to stolen credit card details, the user's email and mobile number could be sold to spammers and marketeers.

I'm sure many of us had experienced receiving whatsapp message about betting, loans, and emails about unclaimed packages, inheritances etc.

No wonder i get so many of these recently eventhough i am on DNC list.

Got a notification from amazon.... Don't know if it's real.... Coz my account shud have been dormant for about 10 years or so already... 

Screenshot_20201125_090834.jpg

↡ Advertisement