COE Bidding – November 2020

Carbon82

17 hours ago, Vinxuen said:

My AD SE set my COE rebate at 33k. Was tad apprehensive when it crossed 37k....as my package was 6 bids NG. This is the 1st bid. Den SE called me at 4.10pm...told me to get ready to... top up the remaining of the downpayment and get my car in Jan 2021...

I think AD really wacking the COE le...

Congrats!!!

↡ Advertisement

Wah vaccine so cheap. COE sure cheong one.

Buy buy buy bye bye.

:D

The race for a coronavirus vaccine has stoked a debate on how much the jabs will cost and who will pay for them, as prices range from $3 to more than $30 a dose and public health advocates including Bill Gates call for a price cap for poor countries.

• Haha! 2

18 hours ago, Vinxuen said:

My AD SE set my COE rebate at 33k. Was tad apprehensive when it crossed 37k....as my package was 6 bids NG. This is the 1st bid. Den SE called me at 4.10pm...told me to get ready to... top up the remaining of the downpayment and get my car in Jan 2021...

I think AD really wacking the COE le...

Same same rebate at 33k with 6 bid NG, but offer open cat. likely next week collect car 

Edited by Lotr8445r
  • Praise 2

Alphard. $178k. Showroom set. Last one so I bought thinking I can get the car quickly also because its already there. 

Coe no capped. 8 bids guaranteed. 

To many, thinking I buy cheap deserved to wait 8 bids. 

But for some will understand how I feel. 

I am now worried if 8 bids is up, PI will chut pattern and don't sell me? 

Hope you all understand my  worries. Yes its a big PI but the way they do things looks worrying. Already feedback to the boss, customer willing to top up to get the car. He also like don't care. 

But too many telltale signs makes me feel worried about this company. 

7 hours ago, newbie_2020 said:

Alphard. $178k. Showroom set. Last one so I bought thinking I can get the car quickly also because its already there. 

Hope you all understand my  worries. Yes its a big PI but the way they do things looks worrying. Already feedback to the boss, customer willing to top up to get the car. He also like don't care. 

Bro, think don't have to worry ba. Think you will definitely get your car. 

Firstly the price is not really dirt cheap considering it's a showroom car.

Secondly have anyone really heard of PI/AD chu pattern not fulfilling the G-COE? We always worry they will do that but so far I didn't really know of any that really don't fulfill. I only heard of one that on the last bid and the last min the bid for him was outbid. So they were late by a bid but still fulfill and on top of that they provide him a car to use in that period and provide him some freebies as compensation.

As for letting you wait for 8 bids...we have commented enough so don't think I want to add on more on that. 

But I think they should secure it for you in the next bid (7th).

8 hours ago, newbie_2020 said:

I think you need not wory. G sure will bid for you. Show room car meant they want to put the car on display as long as they can before the next car replacement. Just wait sure get.

What's the CEVS banding of your car? I recently went car viewing with my friend. Our sensing is some PI are trying to sell at current price and drag delivery to Jan. For cars in A1 and A2 bands, this will be an extra $5k profit for them. Many of them act blur when we ask why deliver in Jan no 5k discount off the price due to the higher CEVS rebate. To be fair there were a couple honest ones who declared upfront if deliver in Jan they will reduce $5k.

If yours falls into A1 or A2, they could be playing this waiting game.

Same thing for another post I saw earlier in this thread, why the AD bid for COE now but register and deliver only in Jan? Likely to make the 5k rebate since buyer already lock in at the pre-rebate prices...

Just my speculation though...😅

Edited by Hobbes187

PI waiting for COE to fall, to avoid eating  into their margins

11 hours ago, newbie_2020 said:

It's a matter of expectations really.

The agreed deal was 8 bids guaranteed. That's still in process and there is no evidence to suggest that they are not going to hold up their end of the bargain.

Now I don't know if there was a verbal promise that you could be getting your car quickly. If there was then I'm afraid you've been taken for a ride since the start, the fact that they have gone for an 8 bid package rather than the more typical 6 or 4 bids or even 1 bid as many PIs do for ready stock signals that they never had any intention to close the deal quickly. If there wasn't such a verbal promise then it's just your assumption and you'd have to tune your expectations.

As you said, it's a showroom unit so as others have pointed out most likely they are just waiting for the new car to come in to replace its place on the showroom floor. The offer to top-up issue further strengthens this theory, it's nothing to do with the price. Which dealer doesn't want more money? They are not accepting it because they can't deliver it.

There is no point jumping to conclusions and worrying, what can you even do about it now? They have not reneged on their contractual obligations. Be patient, wait till the 8th bid, see what happens, then weigh your options.

• Praise 1

47 minutes ago, Vinxuen said:

Mazda. 

One of the first AD to drop the 5k off retail price and say collect car in jan 2021.

Sharing a little "surprise" that i received over the weekend. One Jap AD's 11.11 promo is to raise the price of a car 1k in front of me.... Another Jap AD just smsed me a price that is 2k higher than 5th nov price and Say it is xmas promo...def can collect car in jan 2021.

Kah motor? Cos the City price went up.

3 hours ago, Vinxuen said:

Shall not disclose the ADs but both are jap brands. Haha 

The SE expression was priceless when i commented that their 11.11 promo is indeed special and diff from the rest...should have increased by $1,111 instead of 1k. 😰

Haha

No need to be sarcastic la...  but having said that the last time someone did something like that I began opening doors to check.  When the salesman asked me what was I looking for, I said I was looking for the gold bars cos if there were no gold bars present, I can't understand why it cost so much.

:D

Edited by Philipkee
  • Haha! 3

8 hours ago, Vinxuen said:

Mazda. 

One of the first AD to drop the 5k off retail price and say collect car in jan 2021.

Sharing a little "surprise" that i received over the weekend. One Jap AD's 11.11 promo is to raise the price of a car 1k in front of me.... Another Jap AD just smsed me a price that is 2k higher than 5th nov price and Say it is xmas promo...def can collect car in jan 2021.

Instead of catching valuedollar, should catch all these dealers instead. Forever having promo one; One promo end, another one begins.

Edited by wlalala

7 hours ago, Scion said:

with COEs creeping up, no one considering buying used cars?

Was comparing used and new car. Computed depreciation of used car and sort of have a price point. Walked into AD shop and hope to bargain purchase price using depreciation as proxy. Long bargain until AD can bring the price close to the used car depre. Decided to buy brand new with the ease of mind on warranty.  

31 minutes ago, wlalala said:

Instead of catching valuedollar, should catch all these dealers instead. Forever having promo one; One promo end, another one begins.

Couldn’t agree more. Every single fortnight got super promo. The next one going to be Black Friday d. 

3 hours ago, crazythen said:

Was comparing used and new car. Computed depreciation of used car and sort of have a price point. Walked into AD shop and hope to bargain purchase price using depreciation as proxy. Long bargain until AD can bring the price close to the used car depre. Decided to buy brand new with the ease of mind on warranty.  

Couldn’t agree more. Every single fortnight got super promo. The next one going to be Black Friday d. 

Wahh...can gives some tips on how to bargain? LOL. U can PM me if not convenient to say here.

↡ Advertisement