COE Bidding – November 2020

Carbon82

21 hours ago, james1055 said:

Do you think is the AD or Pi who did this on the bids? Must be someone who wants to the COE to maintain or just dropped $1k to $2k, so that they still earn big money for their income .

Yes i think so too. More like ADs have "colluded with someone" to ensure price maintain at that range so that "someone" still earn big bucks after giving out so much money this year. 🙃 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Prices itself will not drop the same amount as any COE drop. The AD will just throw in more perks. This method help to defer the expenses to future years instead of current year upfront discount. Today’s dollar is bigger in value

On the other hand when prices edge up, their incremental can be more than the coe increase. 😛

8 hours ago, mistedframe said:

Yours is 8 bid guaranteed right? In this case don't need to even ask to top up, they will need to secure for you by 8th bid. But I remember yours is PI(?), so they are probably hedging their bets that COE might go down further and hence taking their time. 

Yes but it doesn't mean have to make customer wait for 8 bids (4 months) right what nonsense is that. 

Many people pm me asking me which PI. I will reveal it on my next failed bid (6th bid). 

Really such a lousy experience buying from them!! 

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, newbie_2020 said:

Yes but it doesn't mean have to make customer wait for 8 bids (4 months) right what nonsense is that. 

Many people pm me asking me which PI. I will reveal it on my next failed bid (6th bid). 

To be fair to the AD/ PI, some do not have ready stock so will not get the coe until stock arrives. Some will try to maximise their profits (which is the ultimate goal of any business).

But then, if your price is a 8 big NG, you should be ready to wait for up to 4 mths as it is likely that they have quoted you lower than others who opt for 6 bid NG or G COEs. It is normal that if there is a quota, they will give priority to units that has the highest profit margin.

Maybe you should call them up and ask them.

• Praise 1

45 minutes ago, Kevinhwc said:

To be fair to the AD/ PI, some do not have ready stock so will not get the coe until stock arrives. Some will try to maximise their profits (which is the ultimate goal of any business).

But then, if your price is a 8 big NG, you should be ready to wait for up to 4 mths as it is likely that they have quoted you lower than others who opt for 6 bid NG or G COEs. It is normal that if there is a quota, they will give priority to units that has the highest profit margin.

Maybe you should call them up and ask them.

Mine is 8 bids guaranteed, ready stock. If I know have to wait so long then I would have make a more informed decision to buy the newer model and wait. 

Alphard/vellfire range. I guess profit must be lowest them. 

No point asking. We even met the boss. 

Still no use. 

• Praise 3

9 hours ago, newbie_2020 said:

PI with 8 bid package. That seems like a long time to leave deposit with them. Do be careful

• Praise 1

I am down to the last of my 6 bid NG with AD. Now they are asking me to extend another 2 bids for "better chance". Are they just stringing me along?

• Haha! 2

31 minutes ago, Lite said:

I am down to the last of my 6 bid NG with AD. Now they are asking me to extend another 2 bids for "better chance". Are they just stringing me along?

Yes, I believe they are holding your deposit further to earn interest, so that you are unable to jump to other car dealer. Did they bid for you on the last 6 bid at all? if no, they taking you on a ride like what I have encountered in one of the AD.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, newbie_2020 said:

Mine is 8 bids guaranteed, ready stock. If I know have to wait so long then I would have make a more informed decision to buy the newer model and wait. 

Alphard/vellfire range. I guess profit must be lowest them. 

No point asking. We even met the boss. 

Still no use. 

I think they are using your deposit for their cashflow, good if you can let us know which PI this is, as a warning to all other potential customers...........

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, Lite said:

Ya, did they even bid for u for the last 6 bid?

27 minutes ago, Cs11 said:

Ya, did they even bid for u for the last 6 bid?

They did bid for me for the last 5 rounds ~36k each time. i will probably refuse the extension, so 18-Nov will be my last bid.

If they feel that the profit margin is not enough, so be it then. Probably will wait for March next year to look see look see again.

• Praise 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lite said:

They did bid for me for the last 5 rounds ~36k each time. i will probably refuse the extension, so 18-Nov will be my last bid.

If they feel that the profit margin is not enough, so be it then. Probably will wait for March next year to look see look see again.

Which AD is this? Year end already still cannot close.

I took a 6 bid NG and got it within one bid. Still told them to take their time. 

Neutral Newbie

Which AD is yours? Mine 10 bid NG and they can't get me ANY yet didn't bother to even call and give me a solution!! WTHeck!!! :a-bang: I am SOOOOO disappointed!! Holding my deposits for a good 6 month!! F** :a-shoot: the irresponsible AD. Will for sure to avoid and :a-t2622::a-noway: 

Spoiler

Since when 8 bid G must get on the first or second or third bid?

:grin:

Or even on the 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th bid?

If paid for 8 bid G and get within 8 bids even the last bid

got nothing to complain about.

• Praise 3
  • Angry 1
  • Haha! 3

many impatient car buyers who are not understanding 6NG or 8NG deal.

The trust is strong in the AD.

Non-Guarantee is exactly what it meant. No obligation nor legal recourse.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2