Jump to content
(21-24 Jan) Win up to $27,000 Discount at Volkswagen & ŠKODA Showroom! Read more... ×
Carbon82

COE Bidding – November 2020

Recommended Posts

Twincharged
4 hours ago, SedanFTW said:

Actually, so far, in my experience, only one AD's price wasn't negotiable - Kah Motors.

Consider this.  I got the car in my first bid.  Compare to KMC where after two bids I had to top up to get it on the third bid.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dark clouds looming over the used car market.
 

In Aug, SGcarmart had 110 pages of used cars for sale. Its 120 pages today - that’s a whopping 1000 additional cars for sale.

42587AA7-B3A7-4575-B10F-936588CEBD3D.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used cars, particularly those from 2009 to 2010 are still cheaper to buy than new cars. 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic

Fake news.

I got lots of business.

:grin:

34 minutes ago, Bensky said:

Dark clouds looming over the used car market.
 

In Aug, SGcarmart had 110 pages of used cars for sale. Its 120 pages today - that’s a whopping 1000 additional cars for sale.

42587AA7-B3A7-4575-B10F-936588CEBD3D.png

 

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic

We buy used at scrap value or slight mark up like $1k.

Cannot sell we just scrap and get our money back.

Can sell we mark up 10k to 20k.

Nothing to worry about.

:grin:

Why do people sell their cars to dealers instead of private deals?

Because selling private they get a lot of time wasters and lowballers

and then when agree sometimes cannot get loan.

They rather deal with us even if price a bit lower because they get cash

and no need to deal with idiot lowballers.

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic

And if you buy a sheet car don't blame the dealer.

It was the previous owner that abuse it and never maintain.

Its not like we buy great cars and then sheet it up and sell to you.

We also want to buy well kept cars so we can get a better price.

:grin:

So if you buy a POS blame the previous driver hor not us!

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic
51 minutes ago, Bensky said:

Dark clouds looming over the used car market.
 

In Aug, SGcarmart had 110 pages of used cars for sale. Its 120 pages today - that’s a whopping 1000 additional cars for sale.

 

Wow SGcarMart must be doing well.

:a-happy:

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic

A lot of newspaper writers write a lot of sheet these days.

Over the last 2 years a lot of people bought new cars. It might be you or someone you know, a relative or a colleague.

The last time people buy new car they scrap the old car. Now people or the AD will sell to used car dealers because they get more money.

Not scrapping means fewer COEs goes back into the system and fewer COEs you don't have to be an economics expert to know mean higher COE prices.

Now if you are not trained in economics you may not know the relation between used cars and new car prices.

As COEs go up forcing new car prices to go up, this will cause used car prices to also go up.

Dealers are holding assets that keep rising in value.

How is that a problem?

:a-happy:

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic

Used car dealer will only have a problem

if people stop buying new cars and COE crashes.

Then if new car prices come down, people will not buy a used car

because they rather buy a new car.

:a-happy:

Then used car dealers are screwed.

Do you see COE coming down and new car prices coming down at the moment?

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic

Covid vaccine coming.

Trump getting kicked out so no more trade war.

People will start travelling again.

Airlines, hotels ramp up business again.

Do you think COE will go up or down?

:grin:

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Covid vaccine coming.

Trump getting kicked out so no more trade war.

People will start travelling again.

Airlines, hotels ramp up business again.

Do you think COE will go up or down?

:grin:

 

25 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Used car dealer will only have a problem

if people stop buying new cars and COE crashes.

Then if new car prices come down, people will not buy a used car

because they rather buy a new car.

:a-happy:

Then used car dealers are screwed.

Do you see COE coming down and new car prices coming down at the moment?

 

29 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

A lot of newspaper writers write a lot of sheet these days.

Over the last 2 years a lot of people bought new cars. It might be you or someone you know, a relative or a colleague.

The last time people buy new car they scrap the old car. Now people or the AD will sell to used car dealers because they get more money.

Not scrapping means fewer COEs goes back into the system and fewer COEs you don't have to be an economics expert to know mean higher COE prices.

Now if you are not trained in economics you may not know the relation between used cars and new car prices.

As COEs go up forcing new car prices to go up, this will cause used car prices to also go up.

Dealers are holding assets that keep rising in value.

How is that a problem?

:a-happy:

 

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Wow SGcarMart must be doing well.

:a-happy:

 

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

And if you buy a sheet car don't blame the dealer.

It was the previous owner that abuse it and never maintain.

Its not like we buy great cars and then sheet it up and sell to you.

We also want to buy well kept cars so we can get a better price.

:grin:

So if you buy a POS blame the previous driver hor not us!

 

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

We buy used at scrap value or slight mark up like $1k.

Cannot sell we just scrap and get our money back.

Can sell we mark up 10k to 20k.

Nothing to worry about.

:grin:

Why do people sell their cars to dealers instead of private deals?

Because selling private they get a lot of time wasters and lowballers

and then when agree sometimes cannot get loan.

They rather deal with us even if price a bit lower because they get cash

and no need to deal with idiot lowballers.

lol bro, did you just comment and post yourself. 

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic

Yes yes all done by me.

My MIL never help me at all.

:a-happy:

9 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

lol bro, did you just comment and post yourself. 

 

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very entertaining reading all your posts. Yes, i blame your MIL for not helping.

 

Wahahahahaha

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neutral Newbie

Guys, need your help on 2 question

 

Anyone can advise what can I do if my PI bidded wrong COE for a new car that is yet to go thru LTA inspection. 

For hybrid cars, lta classify category of coe base on engine power/battery power/both/whichever it is highest. 

 

Thanks in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Consider this.  I got the car in my first bid.  Compare to KMC where after two bids I had to top up to get it on the third bid.

That's why I say, fixed price may not be a bad thing. And the fact that you don't need to negotiate price is always a plus point in my opinion.

But ultimately, the final price I pay will be the key in making decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neutral Newbie

Are you stuck with Honda Fit E:Hev car ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2020 at 10:10 PM, Benneoong said:

Guys, need your help on 2 question

 

Anyone can advise what can I do if my PI bidded wrong COE for a new car that is yet to go thru LTA inspection. 

For hybrid cars, lta classify category of coe base on engine power/battery power/both/whichever it is highest. 

 

Thanks in advance. 

This is not your fault. The PI need to bid again and absolve the loss. Unless the PI gives you special discount to change to another car which fit the COE bidded. 

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×