COE Bidding – November 2020

Carbon82

We dealers big low kenna f by customers never get COE.

We big high to get COE and then again kenna f by customers

saying why we bid so high and not let COE come in lower.

How like that lah?

Everything we do also kenna f.

:grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

5 hours ago, Vlsc said:

Dont understand why some AD bid at so high or revised the bid so much thats why the big jump in price. If ADs are more cooperative and increase their bid by a little each time, with the number of bids received today, the price could have been soften much more. 

Do you think is the AD or Pi who did this on the bids? Must be someone who wants to the COE to maintain or just dropped $1k to $2k, so that they still earn big money for their income .

• Praise 1

The coe already priced into the selling price, can take the rebate level as reference. so dealers will bid up to the rebate level and if they want to deliver the car asap, they might even bid a few k above the rebate level to secure the coe. Especially those dealers with bigger margins to buffer.

7 hours ago, Lotr said:

The coe already priced into the selling price, can take the rebate level as reference. so dealers will bid up to the rebate level and if they want to deliver the car asap, they might even bid a few k above the rebate level to secure the coe. Especially those dealers with bigger margins to buffer.

Rebate level doesn't seem to have any meaning at all. They always bit above rebate level (at least the few that I've seen so far) and the above is a lot significant. I even jokingly say, if i lower the rebate level, can reduce price or not? hahaah

10 hours ago, Jamesc said:

We dealers big low kenna f by customers never get COE.

We big high to get COE and then again kenna f by customers

saying why we bid so high and not let COE come in lower.

How like that lah?

Everything we do also kenna f.

:grin:

Provide more biscuits and coffee lor... [idea]

• Haha! 3

I think rebate level got nothing to do with bidding. The few times I secured coe, all conti brands. Single bid and almost 7k-10k above rebate level they bid. 

16 hours ago, Vlsc said:

Dont understand why some AD bid at so high or revised the bid so much thats why the big jump in price. If ADs are more cooperative and increase their bid by a little each time, with the number of bids received today, the price could have been soften much more. 

C&C bidded for me $111 below the $39k. I believe C&C does not want the COE to rise. For me is ok as my car only be in Feb 2021.

39 minutes ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

C&C bidded for me $111 below the $39k. I believe C&C does not want the COE to rise. For me is ok as my car only be in Feb 2021.

That’s what I don’t understand on ADs dilemma. They can put in high reserve price and if win at lower COE premium what they need to pay LTA is the lower premium, not the reserve price. Hence, the no of bids, types of bid, and available margin to give away - are functions to the reserve price they submitted and behaviour to “top-up”. 

I guess dealers have a number of cars to deliver per bid/per month etc based on sales targets, order volume etc, so they will bid accordingly to secure that number of coe.

Of course lower coe is better for them so as to maximise profits, but in order to secure coe they have to outbid each other. And in this scenario, dealers will larger profit margins will more room to bid higher

It was my 5th bid yesterday and first time the dealer enter my first bid for me! 

But so low... Already told him I am willing to top up to get the bid. But don't know what he is thinking. Just one word very disappointing experience for me as didn't expect 8 bids G to really wait for 8 bidding... 

From buying car so happy to now no feeling now.. 

One thing for sure, definitely wont recommend due to my poor experience with them. 

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, newbie_2020 said:

It was my 5th bid yesterday and first time the dealer enter my first bid for me! 

But so low... Already told him I am willing to top up to get the bid. But don't know what he is thinking. Just one word very disappointing experience for me as didn't expect 8 bids G to really wait for 8 bidding... 

One thing for sure, definitely wont recommend due to my poor experience with them. 

Got mine on the 1st bid. On the bright side you have bought it cheap. Dealers want to maximize profit by speculating on the COE - also mean they have tight margin for yours. 

1 hour ago, newbie_2020 said:

Which AD?

2 hours ago, newbie_2020 said:

Dont feel that way. No point feeling that way too. Everyday stay happy.

I been thru that kind of feeling. Waited for 2 month plus as mine is 6 bid gtd coe without topup or cap and no rebate.

Buy car is happy but the prolong liability commitment is long. So take it as a break.

21 hours ago, Vlsc said:

The volume probably makes it impossible for them to revise bit by bit. Imagine they have 100 order on hand (or even 50). Each time they want to increase bid by $1000, they must do it 100 times. By the time reach half way the $1000 already surpassed and they need to go back and start again to increase by yet another $1000 and so on and so forth lol 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, newbie_2020 said:

Yours is 8 bid guaranteed right? In this case don't need to even ask to top up, they will need to secure for you by 8th bid. But I remember yours is PI(?), so they are probably hedging their bets that COE might go down further and hence taking their time. 

7 hours ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

don't mind share with us which model you booked, A , B , C or E class ?

On 11/4/2020 at 3:14 PM, berry64694 said:

those who are not vested, you guys do know that if COE crashes, it's unlikely AD will lower their prices accordingly right? Because everyone will chiong to buy, COE next round will shoot up. 

Most of the old timers already know this. 

↡ Advertisement