cell phone tower on residential roof

Jtb

Lately you may have observed several mobile towers up at residential roofing maybe for the 5G coverage in order

to provide better reception. High rise roofs for rental maybe for service provider...

non ionizing radiation what is the effect after many years if the towers are above your flat, how to protect yourself.

is this harmful, or not at all after all we are surrounded by  wifi bandwidth and this is 5G and not 5GHz

No reason to believe is safe yet and findings is said that human body temperature is lowering could be due to technology

↡ Advertisement

29 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

If 5G is harmful, then the first to die will be engineers and scientists who are working in R&D for 5G. 

Come on lah. They dont stand next to the antenna what. 

Maybe the cell phone microwave doesnt affect the human health but will it affect sleep?

The thing about 5G wifi or 5G cellular they work on the same principle of "faster(speed) but shorter range". But for a cell phone antenna mast it's catered for the masses. To increase range they will have to use an amplifier to amplify the transmitting and receiving signal. At this point nobody will know for sure whether it will affect the human body...long term. Especially for those who are nearer to the antenna mast. 

Edited by Watwheels

49 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Come on lah. They dont stand next to the antenna what. 

Maybe the cell phone microwave doesnt affect the human health but will it affect sleep?

The thing about 5G wifi or 5G cellular they work on the same principle of "faster(speed) but shorter range". But for a cell phone antenna mast it's catered for the masses. To increase range they will have to use an amplifier to amplify the transmitting and receiving signal. At this point nobody will know for sure whether it will affect the human body...long term. Especially for those who are nearer to the antenna mast. 

Some people can actually 'hear' the waves like WIFI (with a hack) so I'm not surprised if sleep is affected.

https://www.iflscience.com/technology/man-can-hear-wi-fi-and-what-it-sounds/

A Man Can Hear Wi-Fi, And This Is What It Sounds Like

So long as I carry my phone with me, I will always be able to hear Wi-Fi.”

1 hour ago, Jtb said:

Lately you may have observed several mobile towers up at residential roofing maybe for the 5G coverage in order

to provide better reception. High rise roofs for rental maybe for service provider...

non ionizing radiation what is the effect after many years if the towers are above your flat, how to protect yourself.

is this harmful, or not at all after all we are surrounded by  wifi bandwidth and this is 5G and not 5GHz

No reason to believe is safe yet and findings is said that human body temperature is lowering could be due to technology

Isn't this quite normal tho? I remember I used to stay one place in the past and singtel or one of the telcos paid the MCST for rental on the roof or installation of their equipment. That was 20 years back.

Do you live on the top floor? Can the waves past thru 20 layers of concete? 

3 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Some people can actually 'hear' the waves like WIFI (with a hack) so I'm not surprised if sleep is affected.

https://www.iflscience.com/technology/man-can-hear-wi-fi-and-what-it-sounds/

A Man Can Hear Wi-Fi, And This Is What It Sounds Like

So long as I carry my phone with me, I will always be able to hear Wi-Fi.”

This is different isn't it? He purposely rigged up his phone to convert wifi into audio via his hearing aid. 

Two factors determine the harmfulness of electromagnetic wavesfrequency  and emission power

The higher the frequency or power, the more damage an electromagnetic wave can bring to your body. Electromagnetic waves used in telecommunication are entirely fallen in the region of the microwave (GHz region), which has a lower frequency than the visible light (~100,000 GHz). It is less harmful than visible light. 

1920px-EM_spectrum_svg.png.4f92431450a6e90881df1072b3c04dd0.png

On the emission power, most of the base stations emit <100W of power. Combining both facts, we can safely conclude that 100W of 5G signal is much less harmful compared to your 100W light bulb.

• Praise 4

2 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

This is different isn't it? He purposely rigged up his phone to convert wifi into audio via his hearing aid. 

That guy is losing his hearing but the experiment shows that WIFI can be 'heard'.

Who knows there might be people with ears so sensitive that they may hear it without aid.

5 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

That guy is losing his hearing but the experiment shows that WIFI can be 'heard'.

Who knows there might be people with ears so sensitive that they may hear it without aid.

But wifi cannot be heard and the guy losing his hearing has nothing to do with it. You wear his hearing aid and you can also "hear" wifi.

To achieve this, science writer Swain buddied up with sound artist Daniel Jones. Using a grant from a UK innovation charity, the duo eventually built Phantom Terrains, a tool that makes Wi-Fi audible. The software, which runs on a hacked iPhone, works by tuning into wireless communication fields. Using the inbuilt Wi-Fi sensor, the software is able to pick up details such as router name, encryption modes and distance from the device.

“The strength of the signal, direction, name and security level on these are translated into an audio stream made up of a foreground and background later: distant signals click and pop like hits on a Geiger counter, while the strongest bleat their network ID in a looped melody,” Swain writes in an essay in New Scientist. “The audio is streamed constantly to a pair of hearing aids. The extra sound layer is blended with the normal output of the hearing aids; it simply becomes part of my soundscape. So long as I carry my phone with me, I will always be able to hear Wi-Fi.”

Basically they convert the wifi signal waves into sound waves through an iphone. Like that you can also claim any kind of wave can be heard.

• Praise 3

Chicken wire defeat wifi signals.

image.png.f01fd2172321804d13745543cbbf7b83.png

:grin:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB126221116097210861

Two things beloved by San Francisco resident Galen Pewtherer just couldn't get along: his Edwardian-style house and wireless Internet access.

In 2008, Mr. Pewtherer tried to replace his old-fashioned cable Internet connection with a Wi-Fi network that he could share with other tenants in his building. "It turned out to be impossible," says the 38-year-old program manager at Cisco Systems Inc. "We couldn't get signal in or out of one room."

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

22 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Isn't this quite normal tho? I remember I used to stay one place in the past and singtel or one of the telcos paid the MCST for rental on the roof or installation of their equipment. That was 20 years back. 

Do you live on the top floor? Can the waves past thru 20 layers of concete? 

20 years GSM & CDMA now G-series, i dont live at the top floor and seeing down another building with the towers and antennas painted to blend the color of red bricks, would think is a shielding in their color, we have windows open everyday shield less while you sleep, authority can give the green light to install and who is looking into the findings of the health issue down the road.

IARC Classifies Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Fields as Possibly Carcinogenic to Humans. WHO/International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), (May 31, 2011). The WHO/International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified radiofrequency electromagnetic fields as possibly carcinogenic to humans (Group 2B), based on an increased risk for glioma, a malignant type of brain cancer, associated with wireless phone use.

Source : https://www.osha.gov/radiofrequency-and-microwave-radiation/health-effects

IARC CLASSIFIES RADIOFREQUENCY ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS AS POSSIBLY CARCINOGENIC TO HUMANS

Excerpt 
Results
The evidence was reviewed critically, and overall evaluated as being limited2 among users of wireless telephones for glioma and acoustic neuroma, and inadequate3 to draw conclusions for other types of cancers. The evidence from the occupational and environmental exposures mentioned above was similarly judged inadequate. The Working Group did not quantitate the risk; however, one study of past cell phone use (up to the year 2004), showed a 40% increased risk for gliomas in the highest category of heavy users (reported average: 30 minutes per day over a 10‐year period).

Source - https://www.iarc.fr/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/pr208_E.pdf

• Shocked 1