askST: What do I do if my car is caught in a flash flood?

kobayashiGT

8 minutes ago, Phluvcat said:

U can consider PMD with MIC batteries. Ur MIL can ride PMD? Much less ex. 

Must ask her charge at home.

:grin:

image.thumb.png.65d27126d817ff4d7cc22e27195b2d38.png

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Phluvcat said:

Alamak I registered you as saying "... makan my boyfriend/lunch/..."...then I think 13177 is female??? ...&#$%# OMG OMG... 

Alamak, by right and by left you can tell and confirmed 13177 is male or female meh? :huh: [laugh]

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

of course can lah.

excuse me, are you a Singaporean ? :XD:

"low mileage spare car used only to fetch children, attending charity, go massage, fussy owner decided to refresh car with engine overhaul, new aircon compressor, new carpets and leather seats, see to believe"

[flowerface]

Excuse me, no need a singaporean also would know lo. [laugh]

"low mileage spare car used only to fetch children, attending charity, go massage, fussy owner decided to refresh car with engine overhaul, new aircon compressor, new carpets and leather seats, also new coat of paint, see to believe"

I'm just curious - Most insurance typically consider flash floods as an 'act of God' so claiming for damages caused by floods will not be possible correct?

However, if it can be concluded that the cause of the floods were a result of a lack of maintenance or perhaps issues with drainage / water flow - Would it still be an 'act of God' then? We can't prevent rain but if the drainage system is not maintained or fails to work as its supposed to, then would it be considered a human issue, and is there any recourse? 

Edited by Ronkovic

8 minutes ago, Ronkovic said:

I'm just curious - Most insurance typically consider flash floods as an 'act of God' so claiming for damages caused by floods will not be possible correct?

However, if it can be concluded that the cause of the floods were a result of a lack of maintenance or perhaps issues with drainage / water flow - Would it still be an 'act of God' then? We can't prevent rain but if the drainage system is not maintained or fails to work as its supposed to, then would it be considered a human issue, and is there any recourse? 

In Singapore, most car insurance are all risk policy.  That means floods also can claim.

• Praise 3

10 hours ago, 13177 said:

Not safe to take a cab home cause the cab might also ended stranded somewhere where there is flash flood. Best is to wait for the rain and flood to go off, if not take a train home. Unless train tunnel also flooded then really sway to the max liao.

You forgot about this liao? :D

5QEIXrD.png

ST_20171104_VNMRTFLOOD_3536006.jpg

0152d43f5ead091ac151ad0980910a23

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 6

26 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

You forgot about this liao? :D

5QEIXrD.png

ST_20171104_VNMRTFLOOD_3536006.jpg

0152d43f5ead091ac151ad0980910a23

No forget, thats why i said unless train tunnel also flooded, maybe again?! 😂

5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

In Singapore, most car insurance are all risk policy.  That means floods also can claim.

No wonder many chiong through and compete who got the biggest splash😂

Just now, Thaiyotakamli said:

No wonder many chiong through and compete who got the biggest splash😂

That’s very STUPID

Upon renewal, flood will be excluded.

45 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

That’s very STUPID

Upon renewal, flood will be excluded.

Those nvr drive through flood are inexperienced ppl 

in other word yah STUPID😂

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
On 11/3/2020 at 2:23 PM, Phluvcat said:

U can consider PMD with MIC batteries. Ur MIL can ride PMD? Much less ex. 

Was told our MRT trains use India-made ones. Started with Japanese ones. 

This is the advice I gave my wife, not sure if correct or if you will find it useful.

1. If encounter flooded road, pull to the side of the road and stop with hazard light on.

2. Wait for another car with similar ground clearance to drive through the flood water.

3. If ok then proceed, if not reverse away. 

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, andrewyewkc said:

This is the advice I gave my wife, not sure if correct or if you will find it useful.

1. If encounter flooded road, pull to the side of the road and stop with hazard light on.

2. Wait for another car with similar ground clearance to drive through the flood water.

Yes always observe others. Wait for few more cars to pass through. See which side less deep. Normally left lane of road is deeper than on right lane. Also see opposite, sometimes car from opposite make big waves and might make ur car stall. 

best guide is about half rim height for safe. Anything above do not try or risk. If possible U turn.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, andrewyewkc said:

I only give 1 advice, reverse away.

Freak accident could happen 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3