Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Twincharged

SFA recalls Bellamy's Organic pasta for infants due to ‘excessive levels’ of arsenic

The Singapore Food Agency (SFA) on Tuesday (Nov 3) directed the importer of popular baby food brand Bellamy's Organic to recall its Organic Brown Rice Pasta Stars. This was after “excessive levels” of arsenic were found in the product.

The product is targeted at infants from the age of seven months.

SFA said that it has detected arsenic in samples of the product, at levels exceeding the maximum limit for arsenic in baby food as stated in the Singapore Food Regulations.

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/sfa-recalls-bellamys-organic-pasta-infants-due-excessive-levels-arsenic?cid=emarsys-today_TODAY's morning briefing for Nov 4, 2020 (ACTIVE)_newsletter_04112020_today

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic (edited)
5 hours ago, Kangadrool said:

Rice also contains arsenic.

especially brown or unpolished rice. 
That's why i sometimes wonder those nutrition experts talking about eating brown rice regularly know what they are talking about. Lol.

I add those taiwanese multigrain rice to my jasmine rice at home. Maybe a 1:4 ratio or so. 
It has some brown rice inside but small porportion. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear

Someone told me. 
Eat what the food was meant to look like or close to it. 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
18 hours ago, Lala81 said:

especially brown or unpolished rice. 
That's why i sometimes wonder those nutrition experts talking about eating brown rice regularly know what they are talking about. Lol.

I add those taiwanese multigrain rice to my jasmine rice at home. Maybe a 1:4 ratio or so. 
It has some brown rice inside but small porportion. 

IMHO.   
White or brown, best is to find a balance.
Best is not to eat too much rice. 

 

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.   
White or brown, best is to find a balance.
Best is not to eat too much rice. 

 

 

Err... I see this Dr Berg, i already never bother to watch liao. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
Just now, Lala81 said:

 

Err... I see this Dr Berg, i already never bother to watch liao. 

Err... I don't watch him, I watch the content about white vs brown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic (edited)
26 minutes ago, Kklee said:

Err... I don't watch him, I watch the content about white vs brown. 

yeah lor. He's a keto guy.
His opinion is what the angmohs on youtube advocating vegan/keto/paleo whatever would say, avoid rice, got better alternatives. He's just parroting the common information on keto communities. 
He's not wrong.

But in Asia, just eat lor. You want to eat how much up to you.
 

 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged

Did SFA elaborate when they detected it (wasn't mentioned in the article)?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
21 hours ago, Lala81 said:

especially brown or unpolished rice. 
That's why i sometimes wonder those nutrition experts talking about eating brown rice regularly know what they are talking about. Lol.

I add those taiwanese multigrain rice to my jasmine rice at home. Maybe a 1:4 ratio or so. 
It has some brown rice inside but small porportion. 

I take fist size mixed rice (think 3 colors) too. The purple grains tend to be harder so some people may not like.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
13 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

I take fist size mixed rice (think 3 colors) too. The purple grains tend to be harder so some people may not like.

 

Yes definitely. I'm not a fan of unpolished rice too.

Also these grains need to soak longer. If you have those fuzzy logic rice cookers, they will cook slower also.
Even jasmine rice after cleaning, should be soaked for 20mins before starting rice cooker. 

Of course if no time, then ignore.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Yes definitely. I'm not a fan of unpolished rice too.

Also these grains need to soak longer. If you have those fuzzy logic rice cookers, they will cook slower also.
Even jasmine rice after cleaning, should be soaked for 20mins before starting rice cooker. 

Of course if no time, then ignore.

Haha, you're right about the cookers but I just ignore.

However, I have a habit of eating slowly (people finish 3 bowls of rice, I can only manage 1) so just nice for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Yes definitely. I'm not a fan of unpolished rice too.

Also these grains need to soak longer. If you have those fuzzy logic rice cookers, they will cook slower also.
Even jasmine rice after cleaning, should be soaked for 20mins before starting rice cooker. 

Of course if no time, then ignore.

I went to check, eating this 

1eb48e032375c7df2bdae2c5c1624ef0.jpg

Mixed 4 types.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic

rice has always been associated with arsenic, from what i read.

it's advisable to wash your rice at least 3 times, just to get rid of any possible hazardous material.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2020 at 11:41 AM, Lala81 said:

yeah lor. He's a keto guy.
His opinion is what the angmohs on youtube advocating vegan/keto/paleo whatever would say, avoid rice, got better alternatives. He's just parroting the common information on keto communities. 
He's not wrong.

But in Asia, just eat lor. You want to eat how much up to you.
 

 

What the angmoh know about eating healthy?

Which country has the longest life span?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×