who buying ferrari, bentley,lambo, aston martin, mclaren? lai confess

StreetFight3r

3c1cd960-1fd9-11eb-a9e8-489ba0437792.jpg.e917824fea4980d3e775960b127ff252.jpg

(Bloomberg) -- Sales of luxury cars in Singapore remain resilient despite the economic fallout from the coronavirus pandemic, the Business Times reported Friday, citing data from the Land Transport Authority and automakers.

Six luxury brands — Aston Martin Holdings, Bentley Motors Ltd., Ferrari NV, Automobili Lamborghini SPA, McLaren Automotive Ltd. and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Ltd. — sold a total of 178 cars in the first nine months of 2020 versus 256 units for all of last year, according to the report.

After adjusting for Singapore’s partial lockdown, the companies sold about 30 cars a month, up from 21 a month in 2019, the BT said. Still, registrations for the high-end car market are a lagging indicator as orders can be made far in advance of delivery, so data may not always accurately reflect a brand’s current performance, the report said.

“Sales have been picking up since reopening and we attribute that to customer confidence coming back,” Bentley’s director for the Asia-Pacific region, Bernd Pichler, told the newspaper. Chong Kah Wei, a general manager at McLaren Singapore, said customer orders continued to accumulate.

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/ferrari-and-bentley-find-buyers-in-singapore-despite-the-pandemic-024059177.html

Edited by StreetFight3r
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

I was looking at the LTA stats on monthly registration by make, MB and BM are still very popular with 500-600 units registered. Amongst the top 5 brands

• Praise 2

Actually  i won't  say this is a good sign.

Ppl are spending  yes.

But it is another  sign that the gap between rich and poor is widening  even more? 

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
10 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Ppl are spending  yes.

But it is another  sign that the gap between rich and poor is widening  even more? 

Always have been. nothing new.

• Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Ppl are spending  yes.

Expected bah

Nowsadays u click on YouTube, got so many ads by local financial 'guru' (which no one has heard b4 btw...) who can make u a richy riche by juz giving him 35 secs or no need skill except u need buy low & sell higher (wow...breakthrough revelation!...) or can buy multiple properties w no money! (fwahhhhh!...stamp duty tax exempt by IRAS, can bypass MAS, credit bureau,  etc, etc...)

Huat ar!!

• Haha! 4

8 minutes ago, Soya said:

Expected bah

Nowsadays u click on YouTube, got so many ads by local financial 'guru' (which no one has heard b4 btw...) who can make u a richy riche by juz giving him 35 secs or no need skill except u need buy low & sell higher (wow...breakthrough revelation!...) or can buy multiple properties w no money! (fwahhhhh!...stamp duty tax exempt by IRAS, can bypass MAS, credit bureau,  etc, etc...)

Huat ar!!

damn annoyinh lah. can block out bo?

1 hour ago, Lotr said:

I was looking at the LTA stats on monthly registration by make, MB and BM are still very popular with 500-600 units registered. Amongst the top 5 brands

where to find it ar? can see specific model or total sales?

1 hour ago, Lotr said:

its been for quite some years. last time u see bm and mb, confirm boss .

but 1 thing is, they smart, lower the level of entry level by alot, 

now u spot them everywhere. got  posh suv in my hdb cp etc...

21 minutes ago, Beregond said:

That's true, they have expanded their offerings to cover a wide range of price points. Last time we only have 3, 5, 7 but now there is 1 to 8 plus x1 to 7 and also i series.  But this is also a testament of their popularity

36 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Don't know why many people in MCF keep feeling that rich people cannot stay in HDB - this is one of the biggest mis-conceptions of modern MCF history 🤣

I have seen enough of rich folks in HDB that owns multiple properties and the reason why they choose HDB? Mainly due to sentimental value and convenience. This is more so true for the older folks.

• Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Lotr said:

That's true, they have expanded their offerings to cover a wide range of price points. Last time we only have 3, 5, 7 but now there is 1 to 8 plus x1 to 7 and also i series.  But this is also a testament of their popularity

Another thing to note: Car prices have not risen significantly over the past 2 decades (Even MacDonalds cannot control price inflation so well 🤣)

I remember back in the 90s, a typical corolla, mazda 3 a.k.a B&B Jap car costs around 100K +/-

Look at the price of cars vs the income level of people now - I'd argue that its easier to afford a Merc E class/5 series now than 25 years ago.

Edited by Rickster
  • Haha! 1

Everyone's stuck in Singapore indefinitely (8 mths & counting), including the very rich - so they're buying expensive cars as toys out of boredom, as they can't spend their time overseas.

Even with the recession, most very rich people are still very rich, so money's not an issue.

• Praise 1

Is it because of coe and various taxes are quite different in the 90s? I vaguely recall that one ex colleague bought a Lancer for more than 100k and coe was  also close to 100k.

8 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Is it because of coe and various taxes are quite different in the 90s? I vaguely recall that one ex colleague bought a Lancer for more than 100k and coe was  also close to 100k.

Lol, can't really remember as I as busy playing truant then... 😁

But i remember that time my dad was looking at a 1.6L honda accord and it easily costs more than 150K and i was like [jawdrop]

https://mothership.sg/2022/03/malaysia-wife-buy-lamborghini-husband/?fbclid=IwAR2-CoEqDa-fF-270DJhsw5ZVanJNQa36eFWlvpvmUHdwjyYeo67kP5pGEA

19 and 20 years old. Though prices in RM, still not a small amount to pay. 

Just sharing. Its definitely a beautiful gift. 

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

PS : not sure if posted in right thread. Mods, thanks to do whatever deems fit. Kam sia 

Edited by PSP415
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1