Mazda evaporater failed at 25 000 km

Naughty9795

My mx 5 aircon failed on yesterday. Heard hissing sound and I suspect the cooling coil is leaking. The mileage of my car is only 25k and is still under free servicing and warranty.

Called Mazda service centre  to check if the aircon is under warranty. Give her my car number and told her that I suspect the cooling coil is leaking. She told me is under warranty and I arranged to send my car for repair at the Tanjong Penjuru Centre today.

Arrived in the morning, spoke to the SA. He too suspected the the cooling coiling is leaking. He told is that is covered by warranty. Left my car then and went back.

The SA called me after an hour to two to tell me that the cooling coil and O rings need to be replace. The warranty only covers the aircon compressor but not the cooling coil and I need to pay around $1200.00 for the repair. I told him that I never encounter or  know anyone who need to replace the cooling coil at 25K mileage. It is very obvious the quality of the cooling coil is questionable. And it is a parts that cannot be purposely damage by user. I done all my servicing with Mazda because it is still under the free servicing package.

Told the SA to get his manager to contact me. Is a shame that the staffs are trained to prioritize profit rather than reputation. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Naughty9795 said:

My mx 5 aircon failed on yesterday. Heard hissing sound and I suspect the cooling coil is leaking. The mileage of my car is only 25k and is still under free servicing and warranty.

Called Mazda service centre  to check if the aircon is under warranty. Give her my car number and told her that I suspect the cooling coil is leaking. She told me is under warranty and I arranged to send my car for repair at the Tanjong Penjuru Centre today.

Arrived in the morning, spoke to the SA. He too suspected the the cooling coiling is leaking. He told is that is covered by warranty. Left my car then and went back.

The SA called me after an hour to two to tell me that the cooling coil and O rings need to be replace. The warranty only covers the aircon compressor but not the cooling coil and I need to pay around $1200.00 for the repair. I told him that I never encounter or  know anyone who need to replace the cooling coil at 25K mileage. It is very obvious the quality of the cooling coil is questionable. And it is a parts that cannot be purposely damage by user. I done all my servicing with Mazda because it is still under the free servicing package.

Told the SA to get his manager to contact me. Is a shame that the staffs are trained to prioritize profit rather than reputation. 

Huh.... under warranty by AD still got exclusions?

even consumeble like battery also typically got warranty in first 2 years

(edited)
8 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Huh.... under warranty by AD still got exclusions?

even consumeble like battery also typically got warranty in first 2 years

Yes, it is better to read the T&C carefully . The few things that I cannot stomach are , the lady who answer the call told me that it is cover under warranty after I told her That I suspected the evaporator has failed. The SA told me that same thing when I handover my car to him. Lastly ,it shouldn't failed at this mileage .

My car is 4 years old and I'm the second owner.

Edited by Naughty9795

7 minutes ago, Naughty9795 said:

Yes, it is better to read the T&C carefully . The few things that I cannot stomach are , the lady who answer the call told me that it is cover under warranty after I told her That I suspected the evaporator has failed. The SA told me that same thing when I handover my car to him. Lastly ,it shouldn't failed at this mileage .

My car is 4 years old and I'm the second owner.

4yrs old is not under factory warranty i think but "Local" insurance based warranty. but i might be wrong for mazda.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

38 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

4yrs old is not under factory warranty i think but "Local" insurance based warranty. but i might be wrong for mazda.

Oh yah jap brand over 3 years is usually insurance backed. Much more difficult to claim, although i managed to claim successfully before... AD raised request and i got confirmation after a few weeks

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Naughty9795 said:

The SA called me after an hour to two to tell me that the cooling coil and O rings need to be replace. The warranty only covers the aircon compressor but not the cooling coil and I need to pay around $1200.00 for the repair. I told him that I never encounter or  know anyone

1200 for cooling coil , might as well do outside , can easily save 50%.

oh 4 years old, warrently expire despite low mileage...

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 1

16 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Oh yah jap brand over 3 years is usually insurance backed. Much more difficult to claim, although i managed to claim successfully before... AD raised request and i got confirmation after a few weeks

can you advise how this insurance backed warranty work?  mine is also a Jap car and it comes with 5 years warranty 

29 minutes ago, Beregond said:

1200 for cooling coil , might as well do outside , can easily save 50%.

oh 4 years old, warrently expire despite low mileage...

Still under warranty, SA told me that the cooling coil is not covered, only the aircon compressor😓

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, BoneStock said:

can you advise how this insurance backed warranty work?  mine is also a Jap car and it comes with 5 years warranty 

Got to read the T&C , not all things are covered. A lots of parts are classify as consumables.

17 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

25K down really unusual. No accident before right?

Replace aircon is always expensive, all the parts many many.

Had at the rear by the previous owner. I found out because the blind spot sensor was not working after I bought the car. Luckily the dealer bear the cost.

Just now, Heartlander said:

4 years only 25k mileage? Do verify the mileage with Mazda to see if true. 

It was 19K when I got it. I have been to Mazda to do servicing since I got it. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

The service executive contacted me, told me to bring back the car to monitor. I refused because the leak is terrible. Told me that they will work on a discount for me. I asked her has she has come across cooling coil leak at 25K and she said no. Then I told her that it is so obvious is a manufacturing defect. 

Edited by Naughty9795
  • Praise 2

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Naughty9795 said:

Maybe the next time you go back for aircon check, they will tell you now we only cover the cooling coil, but not compressor. 😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

13 minutes ago, Naughty9795 said:

Had at the rear by the previous owner. I found out because the blind spot sensor was not working after I bought the car. Luckily the dealer bear the cost.

I see.

Sometimes accidents will cause aircon leaks, that's my own experience.

My case was an idiot hit my fender from a slip road. The leak may not appear immediately that's why it's better to check aircon system after an accident even if it seems far fetched.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, Naughty9795 said:

The service executive contacted me, told me to bring back the car to monitor. I refused because the leak is terrible. Told me that they will work on a discount for me. I asked her has she has come across cooling coil leak at 25K and she said no. Then I told her that it is so obvious is a manufacturing defect. 

Just stand firm with your points. You have a valid point. :a-m1212:

My cooling coil also has some issues, I just send to Mr Loo. Mine old car thou. no warranty and all. 190K already. image.png.9c6e8dfb725b8780f2219ba5879394a6.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8