Mazda evaporater failed at 25 000 km

Naughty9795

20 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

I see.

Sometimes accidents will cause aircon leaks, that's my own experience.

My case was an idiot hit my fender from a slip road. The leak may not appear immediately that's why it's better to check aircon system after an accident even if it seems far fetched.

Front or rear?

(edited)
5 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Ya was Mazda able to verify if the mileage was genuine? Or was it a PI car?

The car is from Eurokars, that why I go back. Service my car with them a few times, they didn't mention to me that the mileage is not genuine.

Edited by Naughty9795

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

The Mazda MX-5 is assembled in Japan, yet the quality is questionable

You want something fun, you have to sacrifice in reliability to a certain extent.

Even though some give a balanced delicate mix, dont expect a Corolla to drive as well as a Ford Focus/ European Hatches even though the Corolla has improved handling over the years. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Naughty9795 said:

The service executive contacted me, told me to bring back the car to monitor. I refused because the leak is terrible. Told me that they will work on a discount for me. I asked her has she has come across cooling coil leak at 25K and she said no. Then I told her that it is so obvious is a manufacturing defect. 

What a lame explanation by AD.  Warranty must be for a system. Ask him whether the a/c can function w/o a cooling coil for the latter to be excluded in the warranty? If it’s in fine prints, ask him to show you specifically that cooling coil is excluded.

These are the kind of aftersales antics which the AD will shamelessly pull on customers. At point of sale they will tell you 3 years warranty covers everything except wear & tear items.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Vinceng said:

The Mazda MX-5 is assembled in Japan, yet the quality is questionable

assemble only. 

origin of parts are global source.

Cooling coil replacement is very labour intensive as need to dismantle whole dashboard. Therefore the replacement cost is very high.

I was lucky as my lao pok chia no need to remove dashboard, cooling coil could  be pulled out from engine bay. I replaced it at around $380.. It was at 8th year I think.. 

• Praise 1

Low mileage doesn't mean anything.

When I was dating I spend hours in the car

with aircon on and car not moving.

So aircon also spoil very fast.

:grin:

• Haha! 10

The SA informed me that they will do it out of courtesy.  That means I don't have to pay and I can only get my car back on Wednesday. 

Funny things is that they told my cooling coil and O rings need to replace and he quoted me the price.  Now telling me that they need to check what spoil and they will replace. 

What does this means? When customer is paying, they will just replace the cooling coil. When customer not paying,  then they will double check if the cooling coil need to replace?

This is a lesson to us, AD will always try to make money from warranty and free servicing.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

41 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

For the longevity of the aircon, no forward motion must at least have up down motion to trick the aircon that the car is moving...not so good for the longevity of the suspension though 😁

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Naughty9795 said:

The SA informed me that they will do it out of courtesy.  That means I don't have to pay and I can only get my car back on Wednesday. 

Funny things is that they told my cooling coil and O rings need to replace and he quoted me the price.  Now telling me that they need to check what spoil and they will replace. 

What does this means? When customer is paying, they will just replace the cooling coil. When customer not paying,  then they will double check if the cooling coil need to replace?

This is a lesson to us, AD will always try to make money from warranty and free servicing.

That's why I don't buy new or old car with what stupiak warranty crap...it's all about the deal price...hear enuf of those of same brand same model but different outcome on warranty claims on battery, wiper, engine mount even tyres etc. 

Good luck to you and hope they really replace the faulty part(s)...

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Naughty9795 said:

first, aircon hissing sound may or may not be cooling coil, this sound is caused by low refrigerant, leaking somewhere lah.....

my case of hissing sound then aircon not cold, a reputable aircon workshop told me to change cooling coil too, after checking shows no leaks everywhere else.........

then i went back to my usual mechanic, after changing some valves and top-up refrigerant, it has been freezing cold for the past few months.....

lesson : some time you just can't simply trust these so called expert opinion, go for another if you are not comfortable....

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Jamesc said:

suspension also spoil very fast?

• Haha! 2

10 hours ago, Wildfaye29 said:

suspension also spoil very fast?

No wonder after I sold the car the new owner had to change the suspension.

And he also change the seat covers.

I don't know why.

image.png.4d0cb560667ce11c97175afc3f7b4b3a.png

• Haha! 3

18 hours ago, Bensky said:

What a lame explanation by AD.  Warranty must be for a system. Ask him whether the a/c can function w/o a cooling coil for the latter to be excluded in the warranty? If it’s in fine prints, ask him to show you specifically that cooling coil is excluded.

These are the kind of aftersales antics which the AD will shamelessly pull on customers. At point of sale they will tell you 3 years warranty covers everything except wear & tear items.

It's just like the 10 year engine engine warranty that C&C offers for its Kia range of cars.

After you read the lengthy exclusions in the Terms & Conditions, you'll roll you eyes. 

• Haha! 1