Mazda evaporater failed at 25 000 km

Naughty9795

19 hours ago, Naughty9795 said:

The SA informed me that they will do it out of courtesy.  That means I don't have to pay and I can only get my car back on Wednesday. 

Funny things is that they told my cooling coil and O rings need to replace and he quoted me the price.  Now telling me that they need to check what spoil and they will replace. 

What does this means? When customer is paying, they will just replace the cooling coil. When customer not paying,  then they will double check if the cooling coil need to replace?

This is a lesson to us, AD will always try to make money from warranty and free servicing.

Maybe it means the AD is here reading your post and decide it's cheaper to just fix your car for free than to keep having bad publicity?[idea]

Edited by Philipkee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
17 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Maybe it means the AD is here reading your post and decide it's cheaper to just fix your car for free than to keep having bad publicity?[idea]

I am happy to know if the AD read our forum! 🤣

I will be the vigilante of the bad AD. 😎

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4792dybsdmlzuokvbmo0

• Haha! 2

21 hours ago, Philipkee said:

The previous Mazda dealership (Mazda Motors) seemed more honest.

My previous CX7 once had an unresponsive turbocharger. The SA tested it and informed that they will keep the car overnight for repair. On collection the next day, they showed all the replaced parts (the removed turbocharger and accessories). No payment and questions asked - full warranty honoured. 

• Praise 2

On 11/6/2020 at 6:11 PM, Bensky said:

What a lame explanation by AD.  Warranty must be for a system. Ask him whether the a/c can function w/o a cooling coil for the latter to be excluded in the warranty? If it’s in fine prints, ask him to show you specifically that cooling coil is excluded.

These are the kind of aftersales antics which the AD will shamelessly pull on customers. At point of sale they will tell you 3 years warranty covers everything except wear & tear items.

SA told me cooling coil can be failed is due to wear and tear. 🙄 No moving parts, covered, protected and hidden, how can it be so fast?

If under farktree warranty, most dealerships will happily replace FOC for you 'cos can easily claim back from farktree plus earn labour charges. That's my experience with AD who replaced engine mount, sticky handles... without me asking. LOL! Extended warranty is different from farktree warranty.

• Praise 2

56 minutes ago, Naughty9795 said:

SA told me cooling coil can be failed is due to wear and tear. 🙄 No moving parts, covered, protected and hidden, how can it be so fast?

Although no moving parts but got condensate aka water ah.

Water is very powderful. Can cause the tarmac roads to have bigger and bigger potholes. Can cause cracks in concrete walls. Furthermore the cooling coil is made of Aluminium, water corrosion in the span of 4 years. Why is it not possible? 

The inlet and outlet piping connections are secure by two o-rings. Such seals dont last forever, especially when in contact with water.

Looking at your car's low mileage means the car is not frequently driven. If there's not enough engine heat to remove the water or moisture it could possibly accelerate the water corrosion.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Naughty9795 said:

the main reason cooling coils leak in the past is due to corrosion from leaves or debris collecting on the coil. not many cars of yesteryears had a aircon filter. these days, i would gather that with almost all cars having a filter its likely due to poorer quality.

the other reason is that there is more vibrations on a car vs a home aircon evaporator thus a home unit can last many years vs on a car.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Naughty9795 said:

Compressor don't spoil so easily, they can give you a long warranty.

Cooling coil on the other hand, is always soaked with water due to condensation. This leads to corrosion, and then gas leak, and then no aircon.

• Praise 2

Any possibility for mileage to be adjusted by the first seller?

4 years 25K might be too good to be true.

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 1

On 11/6/2020 at 5:00 PM, kobayashiGT said:

Just stand firm with your points. You have a valid point. :a-m1212:

My cooling coil also has some issues, I just send to Mr Loo. Mine old car thou. no warranty and all. 190K already. image.png.9c6e8dfb725b8780f2219ba5879394a6.png

This guy is good (provided the boss Ah Khim  is there to supervise) 

• Praise 3

5 minutes ago, Showster said:

Any possibility for mileage to be adjusted by the first seller?

4 years 25K might be too good to be true.

If the car has a history of being serviced regularly at AD, you can go back to AD to verify the mileage. I don't think OP is on a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty from TEK, so if he managed to do a warranty claim as a 2nd owner, the mileage is likely to be genuine.  Many Mazda owners will be familiar with TEK's after sales pattern. I doubt if TEK will keep quiet if the last recorded mileage is 80k and now it's showing 25k. 

Given that it is an MX5, it is likely the first owner has another bigger and more practical car as a daily runner and the MX5 is more for hobby and leisure, which explains the low mileage.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
34 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

This guy is good (provided the boss Ah Khim  is there to supervise) 

Yah. I only trust him for my aircon.

One of his worker (ah ho) is okay lah. I buddy with him le. hahahaha.

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, Kangadrool said:

If under farktree warranty, most dealerships will happily replace FOC for you 'cos can easily claim back from farktree plus earn labour charges. That's my experience with AD who replaced engine mount, sticky handles... without me asking. LOL! Extended warranty is different from farktree warranty.

What are the differences between normal warranty and extended warranty?

3 hours ago, Naughty9795 said:

What are the differences between normal warranty and extended warranty?

Former is undertaken by the factory/manufacturer, later is dealer/seller ownself undertake the "risks" or through insurance. It could be just marketing gimmicks since the T&Cs could almost exclude everything. LOL

• Praise 3

10 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

Former is undertaken by the factory/manufacturer, later is dealer/seller ownself undertake the "risks" or through insurance. It could be just marketing gimmicks since the T&Cs could almost exclude everything. LOL

i think some will have a clause that you need to do servicing at every 10k km or 6mths whichever is sooner... one day late and pooooof the warranty is gone, should the warranty claim be a substantial amount. haha.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Took back my car in the late afternoon.  SA told me that they have replaced the cooling coil and the hoses. I asked him if there is any warranty for the replaced parts, he told me to just go back to him. I am thinking why I am not given a service report.  If the aircon failed again in the near future and SA refuse to acknowledge that the parts have been replaced. Then how? 

Tomorrow I will text him to give me a service report,  hopefully he will obliged. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1