Encountered a road bully. How to deal with him?

new_user1988

It happened one mth ago but decide to share it now.

It was around close to midnight I was on the way back home and was waiting to turn right at a junction. I was looking out for traffic at the discretionary right turn. There are still cars moving so I waited for the right green arrow. Once green arrow is on, I was a bit slow to move off as I was checking for the opposite traffic in case got any car who beat red light and continue to go straight.

Behind me got this one driver. He honked me as I was slow to move off. After moving off, he overtake me on my left, I turn my head to the left towards him and he gave the middle finger. I did not respond.  

He purposely drove in front of me and we came to a stop at a traffic light. While stationery, he purposely engage the reverse gear to intimidate me. It was recorded in my car cam. I still keep it with me.

Once the traffic turns green, he sped off and waited at the front bus stop waiting for me to overtake me then he tail me all the way home. I entered my house carpark but did not park my car. Instead I turned round and round. He gave up and just left.

I was already on my way to the nearest police station in case he wants to do something stupid. It was all recorded in my dash cam. Can see his face clearly alongside his plate no. Turn out he is a grab driver. Can see the blue decal sticker.

What would u guys do if you were me? Do share.

↡ Advertisement

go to a police stn and ask the police what could you do. but since he didnt cause any harm, i guess the police will do nothing. But minimally, send the video to TP  to make sure he gets a few demerit points for dangerous driving. 

• Praise 5

Just now, Ct3833 said:

go to a police stn and ask the police what could you do. but since he didnt cause any harm, i guess the police will do nothing. But minimally, send the video to TP  to make sure he gets a few demerit points for dangerous driving. 

Even police will do nothing, in such case better go and file a police report, at least if anything happen later, at least the incidence is recorded.

• Praise 6

Make a police report, claiming he's possibly endangering your life.

Send video to TP, prepare to go to court.

This will get rid of these kind of people, otherwise, he will keep doing it to others.

• Praise 1

Ill just stop at the side, and see what he want.anything just talk it out, could be a misunderstanding.

but remb to stand infront of your car cam when talking.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Important thing when being followed is not to drive home. You do not know what this seow ding dong will do. He may have taken down your car plate number and may come back anytime to scratch your car or puncture your tires. 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

But posting video can be a double edge sword. If ppl see that you are a fxxkdup driver regardless of what had happened you might end up getting flamed more than the bully. Better think twice or thrice before posting.

My suggestion is to forget it, move on and go to bed.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Count-Bracula said:

Important thing when being followed is not to drive home. You do not know what this seow ding dong will do. He may have taken down your car plate number and may come back anytime to scratch your car or puncture your tires. 

I kena one chao AMDK fat guy also driving a E63 630i, 2 weeks back, I was just taking a night drive on ECP towards city, lane 2 at 90+ (not many cars cos around midnight) he came from behind on lane 3 decided cut my lane and decided to go at 80, then  when I went to lane one he went in front and use engine brake slow to 60, so i just went to the extreme left, he started to come beside me and give the finger and make faces , just as I was about to exit to MCE (AYE) I just smiled widely at him, he originally was headed straight towards rochor but he just last min change lane and cut across the chevron.

He decided to follow me all  the way through MCE but dk why follow at a distance (but I can see him in my rearview mirror), so i tried to exit at keppel and true enough he followed.

I didn't wanna drive home so I last min turned left into the restricted zone PSA area, I think he saw alr he scared, suddenly mak a 3 point turn and went against traffic along Keppel to go away.

I just drove all the way into the restricted zone gate and said sorry turn wrong can go in uturn? they let me in and directed me to the uturn hahahahahahaha

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 11

4 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

I kena one chao AMDK fat guy also driving a E63 630i, 2 weeks back, I was just taking a night drive on ECP towards city, lane 2 at 90+ (not many cars cos around midnight) he came from behind on lane 3 decided cut my lane and decided to go at 80, then  when I went to lane one he went in front and use engine brake slow to 60, so i just went to the extreme left, he started to come beside me and give the finger and make faces , just as I was about to exit to MCE (AYE) I just smiled widely at him, he originally was headed straight towards rochor but he just last min change lane and cut across the chevron.

He decided to follow me all  the way through MCE but dk why follow at a distance (but I can see him in my rearview mirror), so i tried to exit at keppel and true enough he followed.

I didn't wanna drive home so I last min turned left into the restricted zone PSA area, I think he saw alr he scared, suddenly mak a 3 point turn and went against traffic along Keppel to go away.

I just drove all the way into the restricted zone gate and said sorry turn wrong can go in uturn? they let me in and directed me to the uturn hahahahahahaha

There is a tall building near cantonment junction with 24hrs armed security. 

By the way, your story very fake.

Taking a night drive alone!

Show us your passenger picture than we will believe you!🤗

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 10

Seems like there are a lot of people who have a lot of time and nothing better to do, spending time to do the most silly of all things. 

There are times when I'm really angry with road stupidity and wanna take 'revenge' action. But didn't because that will only make me become one of them. Furthermore, my time is precious so don't waste it on stupidity.

If one depends on their vehicle for a living then the last thing one should do is to jeopardize the same tool, risking traffic offenses etc, that bring food to mouth. 

It is really ok to admit being less competent driving and apologize with a simple wave of hand rather than being ego about it. Most people move on once 'apology' is made. I have my fair share of lousy driving and ya, some drivers honk over the smallest thing but hey, I gave have them the opportunity to horn. It's like what pundit always comment about soft penalty in football, 'the defender gave the ref the opportunity to blow the whistle for a foul on the attacker'. 

Those egos who like to continue to pursue, then they risk loosing more over petty issues. 

• Praise 3

Driving is for pleasure to get from a to b.

Unfortunately, once in a while, its one of those days, be it our perception and choice.

De-escalation is the trick. Think on the fly lor.

Nutjobs bullies tend to avoid Govt buildings, the hantu cannot see yellow type. 

Long ago funny guy doing illegal entry from Police Academy to PIE, follow me to Phoenix park, intimidate until his own eagle on the hood fly away. 😁

This one mata sure know car.

Or blur sotong go for the exit on PIE towards TPY, just before Police Academy lor, just dont freak out when see Glock and MP5.

Hahaha. Hantu run road fast fast.

Be responsible to yourself, and have a nice day. 

8 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

I think should drive to nearest police post and then parked there, also go in to file a police report. See if this guy would be so persistent to wait etc.

I dont understand why there are such people will do such silly thing to others? What is wrong with them and what is inside their brain lo?

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Dannnn said:

but remb to stand infront of your car cam when talking.

So that he will have evidence in case a siao lang beat him to death ?😅😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4