Encountered a road bully. How to deal with him?

new_user1988

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, new_user1988 said:

It happened one mth ago but decide to share it now.

It was around close to midnight I was on the way back home and was waiting to turn right at a junction. I was looking out for traffic at the discretionary right turn. There are still cars moving so I waited for the right green arrow. Once green arrow is on, I was a bit slow to move off as I was checking for the opposite traffic in case got any car who beat red light and continue to go straight.

Behind me got this one driver. He honked me as I was slow to move off. After moving off, he overtake me on my left, I turn my head to the left towards him and he gave the middle finger. I did not respond.  

He purposely drove in front of me and we came to a stop at a traffic light. While stationery, he purposely engage the reverse gear to intimidate me. It was recorded in my car cam. I still keep it with me.

Once the traffic turns green, he sped off and waited at the front bus stop waiting for me to overtake me then he tail me all the way home. I entered my house carpark but did not park my car. Instead I turned round and round. He gave up and just left.

I was already on my way to the nearest police station in case he wants to do something stupid. It was all recorded in my dash cam. Can see his face clearly alongside his plate no. Turn out he is a grab driver. Can see the blue decal sticker.

What would u guys do if you were me? Do share.

I will not do anything. nothing happen to me and my car, I will go home shower and sleep.

His "middle finger" is showing how angry he is, you can take in his anger and rage back, or you can jst see that as a middle finger. (I have 2 also)

Singaporean just like to confront and scare the weaklings only. You really think he dare to harm you in anyway? I doubt so.

And since he is a PHV, he is not thinking rational. The longer he follows you, the lesser the passenger he can ferry, If I were him, I will just let it go and find my next passenger. earning money will makes mood better. (This is scientifically proven) 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

I kena one chao AMDK fat guy also driving a E63 630i, 2 weeks back, I was just taking a night drive on ECP towards city, lane 2 at 90+ (not many cars cos around midnight) he came from behind on lane 3 decided cut my lane and decided to go at 80, then  when I went to lane one he went in front and use engine brake slow to 60, so i just went to the extreme left, he started to come beside me and give the finger and make faces , just as I was about to exit to MCE (AYE) I just smiled widely at him, he originally was headed straight towards rochor but he just last min change lane and cut across the chevron.

He decided to follow me all  the way through MCE but dk why follow at a distance (but I can see him in my rearview mirror), so i tried to exit at keppel and true enough he followed.

I didn't wanna drive home so I last min turned left into the restricted zone PSA area, I think he saw alr he scared, suddenly mak a 3 point turn and went against traffic along Keppel to go away.

I just drove all the way into the restricted zone gate and said sorry turn wrong can go in uturn? they let me in and directed me to the uturn hahahahahahaha

Nb, again u give confusing signals. This time to Chao angmo? U like broke back siboh? :D

• Haha! 8

12 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I will not do anything. nothing happen to me and my car, I will go home shower and sleep.

His "middle finger" is showing how angry he is, you can take in his anger and rage back, or you can jst see that as a middle finger. (I have 2 also)

Singaporean just like to confront and scare the weaklings only. You really think he dare to harm you in anyway? I doubt so.

And since he is a PHV, he is not thinking rational. The longer he follows you, the lesser the passenger he can ferry, If I were him, I will just let it go and find my next passenger. earning money will makes mood better. (This is scientifically proven) 😂

If everyone think like that, then there would not be any road bully liao lo. 😂 Too bad there are many such loser on the road. Actually there are many such people around us, not only can find them on the road. 🙄

Edited by 13177
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

I think should drive to nearest police post and then parked there, also go in to file a police report. See if this guy would be so persistent to wait etc.

I dont understand why there are such people will do such silly thing to others? What is wrong with them and what is inside their brain lo?

Swill

Twincharged
12 hours ago, Dannnn said:

Ill just stop at the side, and see what he want.anything just talk it out, could be a misunderstanding.

but remb to stand infront of your car cam when talking.

And wind windows down... Hopefully can catch some conversation. 

But personally, I will also do what the Japanese guy said...  Not my duty to save the other fella. 

Edited by Ysc3

5 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

And wind windows down... Hopefully can catch some conversation. 

...and some COVID-19. 

Seriously, personal confrontations are just not worth it. Especially right now.

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, 13177 said:

If everyone think like that, then there would not be any road bully liao lo. 😂 Too bad there are many such loser on the road. Actually there are many such people around us, not only can find them on the road. 🙄

Give and take lah. They are inferior in some way and want to flare and show how strong and powerful they are.

• Haha! 2

17 hours ago, new_user1988 said:
Spoiler

It happened one mth ago but decide to share it now.

It was around close to midnight I was on the way back home and was waiting to turn right at a junction. I was looking out for traffic at the discretionary right turn. There are still cars moving so I waited for the right green arrow. Once green arrow is on, I was a bit slow to move off as I was checking for the opposite traffic in case got any car who beat red light and continue to go straight.

Behind me got this one driver. He honked me as I was slow to move off. After moving off, he overtake me on my left, I turn my head to the left towards him and he gave the middle finger. I did not respond.  

He purposely drove in front of me and we came to a stop at a traffic light. While stationery, he purposely engage the reverse gear to intimidate me. It was recorded in my car cam. I still keep it with me.

Once the traffic turns green, he sped off and waited at the front bus stop waiting for me to overtake me then he tail me all the way home. I entered my house carpark but did not park my car. Instead I turned round and round. He gave up and just left.

Spoiler

I was already on my way to the nearest police station in case he wants to do something stupid. It was all recorded in my dash cam. Can see his face clearly alongside his plate no. Turn out he is a grab driver. Can see the blue decal sticker.

What would u guys do if you were me? Do share.

I would have drove to a 24 hour police station instead.

13 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Difficult to find nowadays 

I just counted, there're 20 of such stations.

50578792542_6166d3564f_b.jpg

Not sure why there are more on the east side.

Edited by Windwaver
Spelling error
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
22 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

I would have drove to a 24 hour police station instead.

Or maybe camcar too sensitive ? 

I rem last time after midnight show with my colleagues, we went to beat petrol... Then got one car in front of us was slow at exiting so my friend tapped his horn at the front car. 

So zhun,  the front car was going in the same direction as us as my friend sending me home first.... We could see many times that the front car driver turning around to glance at us along the way.... About 4km....😂 

22 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

I just counted, there're 20 of such stations.

50578792542_6166d3564f_b.jpg

Not sure why there are more on the east side.

Means that have to stop by roadside & google search 

No video, hard to comment.

If I sense I am being trailed, I won't drive home. I will go around to see if I can shake him off. If not, I'll drive to a police station.

Edited by Fitvip

7 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Difficult to find nowadays 

I dont know since when many police post/station no more 24 hour, why ah? Same like 7/11 also no more 24 hour for some.

• Haha! 3