Encountered a road bully. How to deal with him?

new_user1988

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

I dont know since when many police post/station no more 24 hour, why ah? Same like 7/11 also no more 24 hour for some.

NPC aka Neighbourhood Police Centre is 24-hr. NPP aka Neighbourhood Police Post some is 24-hr some are not.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The worse road rage I ever encountered was at Damansara years ago. The traffic was congested coming out of the city but I was keeping to the left because I was not familar with the road. One W plate M5 kept tail-gating me for donno what reason. I just left the hotel less than 1 minute ago so it couldnt be some incidents prior to that.

Frustrated, I wound down my window and beckoned for him to overtake me. I donno if he thought that i was flipping my birdie at him. Immediately he ran amok and overtook me recklessly ( thats when I realise he was on M5 ) When he slammed on his brake, I switched lane immediately and in less than 1 min we entered the highway. Lucky I was on Smart Tag while most Malaysians were using Cash or Touch and Go. He queued to pay cash while I was on the fast lane and zip off into the darkness @ 200km/hour. I thought I was safe and eased to 150km/hour because its total darkness. This bugger glaring headlamp appeared about 15 minutes later and about 50km away. . He was relentless as if I just left the hotel with his wife. 

I wasnt confident about doing 220km/hour in the darkness but luckily I saw a police patrol in front of me and proceeded to tailgate it. 

The shithead came up to me.. drove alongside me but cant see me much as my car was 100% tinted. He kept following us for another 50km and either he was low on fuel or he knew he cant do anything much to me with the chaps in blue meters away. He exited at the nearest exit. He must have been very free to queue up to pay cash at toll just to chase me. 

• Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
9 hours ago, 13177 said:

I dont know since when many police post/station no more 24 hour, why ah? Same like 7/11 also no more 24 hour for some.

You can make a report online le mah. hahaha. Camera and the internet is the new policeman.

• Praise 1

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 10:52 PM, Kb27 said:

Make a police report, claiming he's possibly endangering your life.

Send video to TP, prepare to go to court.

This will get rid of these kind of people, otherwise, he will keep doing it to others.

Make police report also not much effect as it takes time to open an investigation file.... 

This call for an immediate action.  [whip]

{ Call 999 with handphone & leave the 'voice' call on and inform that suspect "Ah Long" runner following me in his vehicle and at times, tried to stop my vehicle in the middle of the road with various dangerous accident prone acts. I did not owe any money and at one instant, he wave something like a cleaver or parang at me. I can't see properly as he has his high beam on me }  :=B:

This I am sure 7 to 8 police cars will attend to you ASAP....    :yuush:

Let the driver explain to the police and will teach him a lesson "don't be an a**hole on the road" ...   :we-all-gonna-die:

:XD::XD:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Since he like to follow you. Drive to the police station while making a call thru their hotline.

I can tell you most of them is act bully but don't dare to do anything based on my experience.

Once they follow you, it is considered criminal intimidation.

18 minutes ago, Fyo8822 said:

Since he like to follow you. Drive to the police station while making a call thru their hotline.

I can tell you most of them is act bully but don't dare to do anything based on my experience.

Once they follow you, it is considered criminal intimidation.

I believe many of them dont really dare to do anything since this is singapore la. Dont think anyone would be so silly to do such thing. Like you say, these people only like to act bully. And when the police come, they act jelly liao. Lol.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 3

Many motorists are stressed at these pandemic period, problem at home / office cant be reconciled or compromised thy will resort to aggressive behaviour and car at are their weapons to stomp their anger and frustration on those slow drivers.

At times we must also learn to look out for such short fused hot tempered driver/s , if one is slow to pick up jus wave your hand ' wave for " sorry " or keep middle lane to avoid such unpleasant consequence.

As for the earlier Grab driver, report police and Grab / Gojek HQoffice to make official complaint by emailing the complaint dept with cam video attached. Most Grab drivers has a protocol to follow, the responsible driver would result in suspension and penalty if found guilty.

I'm sure many of us experienced / seasoned drivers know how to handle the situation well, the younger and inexperienced driver must also play their part to understand the road is shared by many road users, thus be mindful of others especially impatience driver on their body language and eye contact in sticky road situation like road merger and diversion, not giving way or signal prior to turning and most importantly always avoid accidents and conflict while on the road, don't talk too much with your family member on the road. [drivingcar]

Remember there is this one incident that taxi driver thow cans to the cam driver.. Then the cam driver posted that video online and went viral? The cam driver also make police report.. End up that taxi driver get arrested. 

I think even if road rage, if any harm is caused, then 100% need to make police report. However if there is no harm.. Like horn very very long, keep tailgating, or overtake very close and then jump in front and then drive like slow turtle for quite sometime and etc.. Then maybe its a little bit more difficult except to maybe post on social media and make the video went viral lor. 

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

I believe many of them dont really dare to do anything since this is singapore la. Dont think anyone would be so silly to do such thing. Like you say, these people only like to act bully. And when the police come, they act jelly liao. Lol.

But in the name of defensive when you met those kind of driver.

I ever encounter one van driver. Cut into my lane suddenly. I horn to warn him. He was not happy about it.

Follow me all the way back to my home. I called the police hotline.

I drove to my NPC while i had already made a call to them.

1 Patrol car and 1 Patrol pickup was seen heading to the police station direction which they also saw the van. There was a police office standing outside the NPC awaiting my arrival.

I drove in and the van bully just drove away litterally. He even spat when we both stop at the traffic junction.

I stop my vehicle and approach the police officer. He too saw the van and was waiting to stop him and question him. But the van drove away.

Was not sure if the patrol car did follow him

The police officer told me they will patrol around my house to see if the van did came back due to my safety.

Kudos to the police officer response and effort.

P.S I had in car camera which shows everything. If the van driver was not happy, he can jolly well report me to the police about my driving. I am willingly to accept any punishment if i was found to be in the wrong. This is not the first and last case also. Met another one at PIE when i was on my way to work. Not happy i drove to the 2nd lane and he pick up speed. Went to the nearest NPC near my workplace. Went down but the driver humji. I got his carplate and video. I had also uploaded to youtube.

Edited by Fyo8822
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

dun even need police come loh.

u point to your cam and let him know everything is under recording.

they guai guai back off most of the time.

39 minutes ago, Beregond said:

dun even need police come loh.

u point to your cam and let him know everything is under recording.

they guai guai back off most of the time.

Not all bullies would scare of the car cam de. You see some of those bully even can go infront of the cam to point their finger or hit the car bonnet/windscreen lo. But when the police come, maybe they change their aggressive behaviour?!

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Not all bullies would scare of the car cam de. You see some of those bully even can go infront of the cam to point their finger or hit the car bonnet/windscreen lo. But when the police come, maybe they change their aggressive behaviour?!

Wait he met a bully who snatch his camera & take it away.

That's why my camera is on stealth mode (i.e. no external facing blinking light)

• Haha! 1

23 hours ago, Windwaver said:

I just counted, there're 20 of such stations.

50578792542_6166d3564f_b.jpg

Not sure why there are more on the east side.

Ok... Now I know. 

No visiting west side at night. 😅

Safer to be in the East when walking home alone😁

• Haha! 5

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Ok... Now I know. 

No visiting west side at night. 😅

Safer to be in the East when walking home alone😁

east side best side! hahahaha

↡ Advertisement