Which COE car should I buy?

keechiu

On 10/17/2021 at 9:11 PM, Brass said:

My new COE lorry, GPGT.

Guess where I saw my new lorry?

IMG_20211017_205830.jpg

Apologies for OT, but I found this behind the Army Market at Beach Road. It's a community garden managed by the RC.

IMG_20211017_210327.jpg

IMG_20211017_210408.jpg

IMG_20211017_205442.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 4

Perodua Kelisa. Best to renew COE.

PARF value almost non existence. Hence totally not losing any money if you regret later. Spare parts are 90s dinosaur simple parts which has OEM version everywhere

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Brass said:

Apologies for OT, but I found this behind the Army Market at Beach Road. It's a community garden managed by the RC.

IMG_20211017_210327.jpg

IMG_20211017_210408.jpg

IMG_20211017_205442.jpg

OMG damn cool or what. Let's hope this will never go viral because we know some kpos will complain about it and then the authorities will have to step in. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, BabyBlade said:

OMG damn cool or what. Let's hope this will never go viral because we know some kpos will complain about it and then the authorities will have to step in. 

It's an RC managed garden so I'm sure the authorities and Jalan Besar Town Council knew about it.

But for sure it's damn nice as an idea although the interior is a basket case thanks to the lack of doors and windscreen.

The handbrake works, surprisingly.

2 hours ago, Goldenvodka said:

Perodua Kelisa. Best to renew COE.

PARF value almost non existence. Hence totally not losing any money if you regret later. Spare parts are 90s dinosaur simple parts which has OEM version everywhere

COE damn ex so maybe not. 

Now also no more PARF Kelisa already.

Now aiming at 2013 to 2015 cars for COE renewal if COE is palatable thanks to CEVS.

Neutral Newbie

hi everyone, am planning to buy a coe 2011 ct200h. are there anythings i need to take note or look out for? thank you.

2 minutes ago, Mugx said:

hi everyone, am planning to buy a coe 2011 ct200h. are there anythings i need to take note or look out for? thank you.

Just have cash in pocket.  

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Mugx said:

The condition of the battery. That is the biggest component of the car that is likely to go wrong.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
15 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

The condition of the battery. That is the biggest component of the car that is likely to go wrong.

thanks for the reply. the owner has kept records of all the servicing done, including the replacement of hybrid cells(dec 2020), parts... all done at the borneo outlet at lengkee. any idea if the 12V batt could be replaced with the normal batt? or is it some special batt speically for hybrids? 

any other things to take note of? tia. 

25 minutes ago, Mugx said:

thanks for the reply. the owner has kept records of all the servicing done, including the replacement of hybrid cells(dec 2020), parts... all done at the borneo outlet at lengkee. any idea if the 12V batt could be replaced with the normal batt? or is it some special batt speically for hybrids? 

any other things to take note of? tia. 

Sounds reassuring. But still check the car thoroughly and do a test drive before committing. The 12V batt is conventional type.

The car is based on the 3rd gen Prius and doesn't have Toyota's latest hybrid tech. So power and FC not amazing like the current gen. 

Neutral Newbie
4 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Sounds reassuring. But still check the car thoroughly and do a test drive before committing. The 12V batt is conventional type.

The car is based on the 3rd gen Prius and doesn't have Toyota's latest hybrid tech. So power and FC not amazing like the current gen. 

yes, i am actually buying it from an excowoker from my prev firm. she owned the ct since day 1.

thanks for sharing. appreciate it vm. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

@Toeknee_33 

5 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Can use Prius parts?

Neutral Newbie
3 hours ago, Topsack said:

@Mugx 

Replace cells no use .

Must replace whole battery.

yup, they replaced every single one if i rem reading it correctly. let me call her/borneo to check again.

Neutral Newbie
3 hours ago, Topsack said:

@Toeknee_33 

Can use Prius parts?

i was told only the engine, drive train, electrical units are the same with the prius. not sure if anything else is similar.

↡ Advertisement