Which COE car should I buy?

keechiu

On 11/8/2020 at 10:42 PM, 601F said:

BMW wise, the one below looks like quite good value. A few k above scrap value and low mileage, single owner.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=938999&DL=3417

This BM should be a good choice  but any thought why this BM's COE  is not renewed before it is put up for sale and it is sold at this relatively low price? Some of the more popular brands are being renewed COE even more than 1 year ahead of its coe is due  for scrap.

↡ Advertisement

what is the reason of  getting a coe conti brand?

unless your pocket is deep enough for their old age maintenance.

a common problems of old age bmw are turbo, vanos system, gearbox,, oil leak and they don't come cheap in repair cost.

audi will be gearbox issue, burn engine oil...

old age merc usually has lesser issue and may need to take care of oil leak and gearbox repair...

want conti brand, get new or renew coe if you are the first owner since first day of ownership. i will not favor in getting a used

or coe conti.

• Praise 6

53 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Commemoration of my first ride😆

Nice one! Your first ride must have been this one I believe? This should be the first Camry made in Thailand (Thaiyota)

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=938469&DL=3338

Speaking of which, this is a good choice as a COE car also. Single owner, low mileage. Even the dashboard looks new, which means it's mostly parked under shelter

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Rickster said:

I don't have any experience nor done any research about premium brand COE cars.

However, my brother is driving a 11 yr old C200 and it's apparently quite reliable, no major problems (eg. engine, gearbox, suspension, ECU etc) other than wear and tear. 

Seen lots of COE C-class (vs audis, BMWs or Volvos) on local roads, so I guess, to a certain extent, indicate a car that is built to last.

merc still ok. last time my dad only drive merc , new / 2nd hand. 

not much problem.

bmw headache lah. my brother, parf 325, start engine, so many lights up. the stupid vano system always give problem.

my friend coe 335, dont know what happen, inside workshop 1 month 

• Haha! 1

I've observed several car listings online and the roads..

Why do motorist prefer to buy COE renewed version of the 2006-2012 Camry (2.0 or 2.4L) instead of the 2005 - 2010 Mark X (2.5L)?

Imho, Mark X 2.5L road tax vs Camry 2.4L road tax is similar.

Mark X fuel consumption could be similar / better than Camry as it's 6 speed vs 4 speed.

Interior & Exterior size similar (~10-15cm difference for exterior)

Mark X V6 Engine with 21x horsepower definitely beats Camry IL4 16x horsepower hands down

Edited by Aventa
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lava said:

what is the reason of  getting a coe conti brand?

unless your pocket is deep enough for their old age maintenance.

a common problems of old age bmw are turbo, vanos system, gearbox,, oil leak and they don't come cheap in repair cost.

audi will be gearbox issue, burn engine oil...

old age merc usually has lesser issue and may need to take care of oil leak and gearbox repair...

want conti brand, get new or renew coe if you are the first owner since first day of ownership. i will not favor in getting a used

or coe conti.

face value comes first, maintenance cost worry later 🤣

Edited by Ginyu
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, 601F said:

Nice one! Your first ride must have been this one I believe? This should be the first Camry made in Thailand (Thaiyota)

Speaking of which, this is a good choice as a COE car also. Single owner, low mileage. Even the dashboard looks new, which means it's mostly parked under shelter

Yes right and 2-3 yrs ago i had a chance to rent again. Condition still good and smooth to drive

27 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

face value comes first, maintenance cost worry later 🤣

face value???

errr...old car with new number plate...all know is an coe car le.

anyway, do you think they can afford the costly maintenance later?

40 minutes ago, Aventa said:

Why do motorist prefer to buy COE renewed version of the 2006-2012 Camry (2.0 or 2.4L) instead of the 2005 - 2010 Mark X (2.5L)?

Mark X fuel consumption could be similar / better than Camry as it's 6 speed vs 4 speed.

Mark X V6 Engine with 21x horsepower definitely beats Camry IL4 16x horsepower hands down

Mark x is rwd and has huge rear transmission tunnel. Camry more popular as it has better fc and also partly camry was sold by borneo

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

If u want a COE car with no headache then go for COE Toyota Altis or Wish. Those are nearly indestructible 😂

i second a toyota wish. super robust

59 minutes ago, Aventa said:

markx interior is more cramped.

its drives better but parts are more ex to replace in general.

3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

This BM should be a good choice  but any thought why this BM's COE  is not renewed before it is put up for sale and it is sold at this relatively low price? Some of the more popular brands are being renewed COE even more than 1 year ahead of its coe is due  for scrap.

probably got problems. who knows, usually when a deal is too good to be true... likely there are hidden issues.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, 601F said:

Wear and tear on steering wheel and driver seat looks like high mileage than the stated 93,000km.

Owner uses cheap China tyres and the dirt on the edges of the wheels despite after  a wash means the car is not cleaned regularly.

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement