"Buy properties with little cash? It's too good to be true." - Straits Times (8 Nov 2020)

noobcarbuyer

4 hours ago, Wt_know said:

bro, not work up la

just want to point out that it's not a zero sum game .... property investing vs equity investing who will fare better

anyway, i am supportive in any form of investing and grow your money

Why is it even a question, bro?

base on history, compare the cycles (to be fair) and equity indices out performed properties every single time, hands down.

if people still have to ask which performs better, their heads are clearly in the sand.  

For the true astute investor, he knows that comparison should never just be on returns alone but also on volatility.

And with that, match it against one’s unique profile to find the correct fitting investment.

No point discussing further with these people, that’s why i hv to ignore them (eg. showster) yet again.

Good luck and Huat tomorrow!

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Why is it even a question, bro?

base on history, compare the cycles (to be fair) and equity indices out performed properties every single time, hands down.

if people still have to ask which performs better, their heads are clearly in the sand.  

For the true astute investor, he knows that comparison should never just be on returns alone but also on volatility.

And with that, match it against one’s unique profile to find the correct fitting investment.

No point discussing further with these people, that’s why i hv to ignore them (eg. showster) yet again.

Good luck and Huat tomorrow!

Almost right. There is a role for equities and a role for property as investment.

But equity indices are not the same as equities. Equity indices continually switch the components that they are make up of. Many equities themselves have seen a decline even pre Covid. Steady decline over the years.

And then beyond the index value there is also the liveability and rentability to consider for properties.

Edited by Showster

During cny, it is very often I hear some of my relatives say about equities "No matter what I buy, they drop, always lose money!"

Equity is not for everyone, especially pp who have no control over emotions. Property is slightly different - gan chong also cannot sell it tmr, thus forces the person to cool down. Emotions will defeat the logic of equity triumph over property in long term. However, if one can keep emotions in check, yes maybe.

Edited by Rskc
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 11/11/2020 at 3:12 PM, Spidey10 said:

buy one, then where is the rental income to pay for 2? that's the plan they are selling then and now I believe.

as i said, if i am in my 30's and earning 5 digit, then ok, still have time.....50's...go to sleep better.

After 50, if want to buy property; gotta be full cash if not don’t bother. After 50, one can tio pop anytime lol. By 55, one should not have any outstanding mortagage, if do then good luck.   

Edited by Ginyu
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

55 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

After 50, if want to buy property; gotta be full cash if not don’t bother. After 50, one can tio pop anytime lol. By 55, one should not have any outstanding mortagage, if do then good luck.   

Therefore, start early. Cannot be over-emphasised. 

Yes, on track to clear all mortgages by 55 latest.

• Praise 1

56 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

yah man.………….my properties all paid for, all thanks to my poor dad's advise......going to sleep...…..zzzzzz

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 11/11/2020 at 11:44 PM, Mkl22 said:

my layman simplistic understand is that if it is so easy, why does the bank bother to lend you to money to make this puny interest. Banks ownself hoot many properties is better profits.🤪

They used to do that like DBS Land. Until regulations force them to stick to banking biz. 

• Praise 1

59 minutes ago, Showster said:

Therefore, start early. Cannot be over-emphasised. 

Yes, on track to clear all mortgages by 55 latest.

However many hdb upgraders start from 45 onwards with another fresh new 1.2mil loan, how to clear by 55.🤣 They need to work till 65 at least.

Edited by Ginyu
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Spidey10 said:

yah man.………….my properties all paid for, all thanks to my poor dad's advise......going to sleep...…..zzzzzz

Well done, not scared to be pop anytime🤣

3 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

However many hdb upgraders start from 45 onwards with another fresh new 1.2mil loan, how to clear by 55.🤣 They need to work till 65 at least.

Definitely not true. My cousins who upgraded started their journeys at about 30 - 35.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

They used to do that like DBS Land. Until regulations force them to stick to banking biz. 

DBS land is now Capitaland. DBS land was the one that built Raffles City and Thomson Plaza back in the 80's.

UOB still has a controlling stake in UOL if I am not mistaken. 

12 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

Includes spouse hor, anytime also can ownself pop ownself. 

Good and bad.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

my poor dad's advise...always be ready! even ready to pop [laugh]

example : this downturn was a good time to buy some shares..at 2,400 points just whack some quality shares.... hold on for retirement.[laugh]

28 minutes ago, Showster said:

Definitely not true. My cousins who upgraded started their journeys at about 30 - 35.

Do you mean their HDB was already fully paid by age 30 so they can consider upgrading? So i guess they bought their first HDB at very young age. Nowadays with bto price at 550k, if can clear it by 30,  sounds  to me first job starting pay already 5 digits, quite power lei🤣

Edited by Ginyu

36 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

no need, most of their mindset is that they can profit from it in few years time and downgrade back to HDB or equivalent anytime with the sale proceeds. 

• Praise 1

35 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

Thats what they want you to do. So you will be trapped .

in the past our fathers can retire at 55. Simple life not complicated.  

Today, who can retire at 55? Few.  

Then there is good reason to raise the CPF withdrawal age to 60......

muayhahahaha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1