Test Drive a Toyota at Nissan Showroom?

Carbon82

NOT in Singapore though. 

I will say it is a very darling move, given the differences between RAV4 and the new X-Trail (aka Rogue in USA). Or Nissan might be buying those super rundown unit to make its SUV feel better, which would not be a fair comparison so to speak.

But I do see the opportunity that it can be done in Singapore, not Nissan vs Toyota though. The first pair that pop up in my mind was Kia Sorento and Mercedes GLB200 (since so many here are comparing these 2 apple and orange, just because both are "around" the same price point - I see lots of different though).

But why Cycle and Carriage should consider doing this? Well since there are a pool of potential buyer looking at both models, allowing the test drive of GLB at Kia showroom and Sorento at C&C showroom might actually be a win-win situation, since buyer would be more likely to walk away choosing one of these 2 models represented by the same AD. Make sense?

Nissan Will Be Offering Free Toyota RAV4 Test Drives To Sell More Rogues – Wait, What?

nissan_rogue_platinum_awd_73_01b1020b1b2

toyota_rav4_905_02df013d08d705e3.jpg

nissan_rogue_platinum_awd_5.jpg

toyota_rav4_adventure_517.jpg

Nissan is confident that the 2021 Rogue is far better than the Toyota RAV4, which is why they will be offering free test drives in the rival model to potential customers at its dealers this December.

The automaker expects around half of its 1,074 U.S. dealers to embrace this unconventional strategy, which is not without risk, because “a percentage of customers are inevitably going to value the differences between the models differently than expected”, Tyson Jominy, J.D. Power’s Power Information Network VP, said, cited by AutoNews.

The news outlet got its hands on a video message sent to dealers by Nissan’s VP of Sales and Regional Operations, Judy Wheeler, who said: “We know that when consumers check out the all-new Rogue side by side with the RAV4, they will be amazed by our standard, advanced technology, premium design… and, most of all, outstanding overall value.” Wheeler told AutoNews that “when you test drive our vehicle versus the major competitors, you’re going to end up purchasing this vehicle because it’s that much better.”

Toyota already knows of Nissan’s strategy to use a rented RAV4 to try and sell more Rogues, and they are actually “flattered”. “We are confident their dealers and customers will appreciate the quality, value, versatility and safety features that have made the RAV4 the no.1-selling (compact) SUV in the United States”, said the brand’s chief of sales, Bob Carter.

The unorthodox campaign is known internally as ‘Rogue Gone Rogue’ and is part of a four-month advertising push described by Wheeler as “the most robust marketing campaign in Nissan’s history”.

The 2021 Nissan Rogue has an MSRP of $25,650. Power is supplied by a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine, making 181 HP and 245 Nm of torque, mated to a standard CVT and FWD – with AWD being a $1,400 premium on all grades.

The 2021 Toyota RAV4, on the other hand, is priced from $26,050, and comes with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine, rated at 203 HP and 249 Nm, paired to an eight-speed transmission, in the base model.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

perhaps its Japanese car makers secret psychology trick.

Two japanese brands, to psycho the buyer that Japanese cars are equally good.

Either ways, the Japanese car dealers will likely increase their sales. If somehow the customer is 'brainwashed' to choose between two japanese makes.

One must bee wondering why don't get a Hyundai or BMW 2-series as free test drive comparison instead....

4 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

NOT in Singapore though. 

I will say it is a very darling move, given the differences between RAV4 and the new X-Trail (aka Rogue in USA). Or Nissan might be buying those super rundown unit to make its SUV feel better, which would not be a fair comparison so to speak.

But I do see the opportunity that it can be done in Singapore, not Nissan vs Toyota though. The first pair that pop up in my mind was Kia Sorento and Mercedes GLB200 (since so many here are comparing these 2 apple and orange, just because both are "around" the same price point - I see lots of different though).

But why Cycle and Carriage should consider doing this? Well since there are a pool of potential buyer looking at both models, allowing the test drive of GLB at Kia showroom and Sorento at C&C showroom might actually be a win-win situation, since buyer would be more likely to walk away chooseling one of thsee 2 models represented by the same AD. Make sense?

Nissan Will Be Offering Free Toyota RAV4 Test Drives To Sell More Rogues – Wait, What?

Nissan is confident that the 2021 Rogue is far better than the Toyota RAV4, which is why they will be offering free test drives in the rival model to potential customers at its dealers this December.

The automaker expects around half of its 1,074 U.S. dealers to embrace this unconventional strategy, which is not without risk, because “a percentage of customers are inevitably going to value the differences between the models differently than expected”, Tyson Jominy, J.D. Power’s Power Information Network VP, said, cited by AutoNews.

The news outlet got its hands on a video message sent to dealers by Nissan’s VP of Sales and Regional Operations, Judy Wheeler, who said: “We know that when consumers check out the all-new Rogue side by side with the RAV4, they will be amazed by our standard, advanced technology, premium design… and, most of all, outstanding overall value.” Wheeler told AutoNews that “when you test drive our vehicle versus the major competitors, you’re going to end up purchasing this vehicle because it’s that much better.”

Toyota already knows of Nissan’s strategy to use a rented RAV4 to try and sell more Rogues, and they are actually “flattered”. “We are confident their dealers and customers will appreciate the quality, value, versatility and safety features that have made the RAV4 the no.1-selling (compact) SUV in the United States”, said the brand’s chief of sales, Bob Carter.

The unorthodox campaign is known internally as ‘Rogue Gone Rogue’ and is part of a four-month advertising push described by Wheeler as “the most robust marketing campaign in Nissan’s history”.

The 2021 Nissan Rogue has an MSRP of $25,650. Power is supplied by a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine, making 181 HP and 245 Nm of torque, mated to a standard CVT and FWD – with AWD being a $1,400 premium on all grades.

The 2021 Toyota RAV4, on the other hand, is priced from $26,050, and comes with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine, rated at 203 HP and 249 Nm, paired to an eight-speed transmission, in the base model.

Scotty will tell you get the Toyota,Nissan too much Problem.

• Haha! 3

Nissan US has got a lot of pattern. Last time the Rogue in US also got what StarWars theme, dunno trying to look like what machine but as we all know StarWars dont use cars. Also got what dark theme also. Pattern many many. Their CVT issue also many many like failing just after warranty (in the US). Not I say wan.

IMO what Nissan is selling now is first impressions. As if getting "bang for the buck" with a lower price tag than Rav4 and more premium looking interior than the Rav4. I wonder whether Nissan is making less profit or making a loss just to gain market share.

This kinda marketing gimmick is not new. You look at our smartphones you know. Very competitive.

• Praise 2

Looking forward to see cherry cute cute showroom to have a banglee GT side by side for comparison sake...it's just a car, no need the extras at a premium

Grapes are very sour here 😁

• Haha! 2

19 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Nissan US has got a lot of pattern. Last time the Rogue in US also got what StarWars theme, dunno trying to look like what machine but as we all know StarWars dont use cars. Also got what dark theme also. Pattern many many. Their CVT issue also many many like failing just after warranty (in the US). Not I say wan.

IMO what Nissan is selling now is first impressions. As if getting "bang for the buck" with a lower price tag than Rav4 and more premium looking interior than the Rav4. I wonder whether Nissan is making less profit or making a loss just to gain market share.

This kinda marketing gimmick is not new. You look at our smartphones you know. Very competitive.

Yah they got nicer LCD screen and graphics.... and they will rent the bottom specs RAV4 and put it inside the showroom to compare to their mid-specs model.... no fight.

Just that Nissan yes the reputation in USA is apparently quite down the drain.

And I believe in USA they treasure reliability a lot more than here - they use B&B cars for usually more than 10years and they can't afford downtime, because no car = no ability to get anywhere.

• Praise 2

This Judy Wheeler, Nissan’s VP of Sales and Regional Operations, must be a Trump supporter. 🤣🤣

“We know that when consumers check out the all-new Rogue side by side with the RAV4, they will be amazed by our standard, advanced technology, premium design… and, most of all, outstanding overall value.”

Sounds like Trump isn't it? 

“I believe we’re rounding the corner.” “We’re a winner on the excess mortality.” “We have done an amazing job.”

The next statement may be:

"Let make Nissan great again!" :D:D

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 4

If CnC pull this stunt let ppl test drive merc at kia showroom, they can prepare to lose their merc DEALERSHIP.

Daimler asia parent hq in SG. CnC will get f**ked. 

Buyers of either cars will also not cross shop between these 2 models. 

Edited by Mockngbrd

On 11/10/2020 at 5:38 PM, Carbon82 said:

NOT in Singapore though. 

But why Cycle and Carriage should consider doing this? Well since there are a pool of potential buyer looking at both models, allowing the test drive of GLB at Kia showroom and Sorento at C&C showroom might actually be a win-win situation, since buyer would be more likely to walk away choosing one of these 2 models represented by the same AD. Make sense?

You can test drive a Subaru at a Nissan Showroom provided you go to Leng Kee and not Toa Payoh 😂

• Haha! 2

On 11/14/2020 at 10:27 AM, Brass said:

You can test drive a Subaru at a Nissan Showroom provided you go to Leng Kee and not Toa Payoh 😂

Aiyah if like that, we can also have the following combi: [gossip]

• Citroen with Kia
  • Kia with Mitsubishi
  • Mitsubishi with Citroen
  • Mazda with Mini
  • Infiniti with Jaguar
  • Infiniti with Volvo
  • Jaguar with Volvo
  • Jaguar with Land Rover / Range Rover
  • Porsche with McLaren

Or why not the following...:secret-laugh:

• Mini with Porsche
  • Hyundai with Ferrari
  • Infiniti with Bentley
  • Renault with Bugatti
  • Mazda with Rolls-Royce
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 4

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Aiyah if like that, we can also have the following combi: [gossip]

• Citroen with Kia
  • Kia with Mitsubishi
  • Mitsubishi with Citroen
  • Mazda with Mini
  • Infiniti with Jaguar
  • Infiniti with Volvo
  • Jaguar with Volvo
  • Jaguar with Land Rover / Range Rover
  • Porsche with McLaren

Or why not the following...:secret-laugh:

• Mini with Porsche
  • Hyundai with Ferrari
  • Infiniti with Bentley
  • Renault with Bugatti
  • Mazda with Rolls-Royce

Hyundai with Ferrari?

20201116_113110.jpg

Edited by Brass
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Brass said:

Hyundai with Ferrari?

20201116_113110.jpg

OK, maybe inappropriate comparison since Hyundai do not have a real 2 door sport car. What about Hyundai Santa Fe with Maserati Lavente, or Genesis G80 with Maserati Ghibli? 

BTW, I believe you are aware that Hyundai, Chrysler, Jeep, Maserati, Ferrari, etc. are under Komoco group in Singapore... 

• Praise 6

On 11/16/2020 at 1:40 PM, Carbon82 said:

OK, maybe inappropriate comparison since Hyundai do not have a real 2 door sport car. What about Hyundai Santa Fe with Maserati Lavente, or Genesis G80 with Maserati Ghibli? 

BTW, I believe you are aware that Hyundai, Chrysler, Jeep, Maserati, Ferrari, etc. are under Komoco group in Singapore... 

No, I mean that unless you are some influential and rich guy, or has shown immense interest, they wont allow a random person or an average joe to test drive their Ferraris.

Even Vertex dont allow test drive of their Leon Cupra, which costs about 160k, what more a Ferrari costing 5 times of that? 🙄

If the Jazz can crash into the walls of the showroom and that car is less powerful than a Ferrari, I believe that the Komoco building will collapse due to frequent collisions of Ferraris with the walls of the building if everyone is allowed to test them. 😂

On 11/10/2020 at 5:38 PM, Carbon82 said:

NOT in Singapore though. 

I tot my comment on TC Nissan is BAD ENOUGH.........This is  Level 999 sia.  Why buy a NISSAN sia....

• Haha! 1

Even Toyota boh chap Nissan. It's not difficult to know why. Cos Toyota has the unofficial best selling suv crown, they have got the bulk of this category buyers. Which also means many ppl has just gotten their new RAV4, nobody would just drove it and think,"I want a Nissan SUV".  LoL...

If Nissan is reading this, you slowly wait until ppl get sian with their RAV4. Slowly wait. 😂

• Haha! 1

Very simple, pull out a spark plug, remove a few sound proof material, loosen a few screws here and there, apply some grease on fhe  brake dish.........mr. customer, how do you find  the car? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1