Test Drive a Toyota at Nissan Showroom?

Carbon82

4 hours ago, Brass said:

No, I mean that unless you are some influential and rich guy, or has shown immense interest, they wont allow a random person or an average joe to test drive their Ferraris.

Even Vertex dont allow test drive of their Leon Cupra, which costs about 160k, what more a Ferrari costing 5 times of that? 🙄

If the Jazz can crash into the walls of the showroom and that car is less powerful than a Ferrari, I believe that the Komoco building will collapse due to frequent collisions of Ferraris with the walls of the building if everyone is allowed to test them. 😂

OK got your point. I too low SES to step into Ferrari showroom, so unaware of the test drive restriction. But in any case, no buyer will ever test car of such huge status differences. My earlier post was purely for fun (since you mention Subaru and Nissan, both under TC).

I do not buy the rational behind Nissan proposal to have RAV4 for test drive. Simply slapping themselves in the face.

10 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Very simple, pull out a spark plug, remove a few sound proof material, loosen a few screws here and there, apply some grease on fhe  brake dish.........mr. customer, how do you find  the car? 

Reminds me of the old days at Sim Lim Square. When a sales person wanted to promote a particular brand / model of say laptop, they will set their promotion model to the best spec (brightness, contrast, resolution, speed, etc.) while doing the reverse for others they were NOT promoting, to make the uninformed customers 'see' the differences...

If Nissan really dis that and get expose by Toyota or the media, I can safely say that it's the end for them in USA.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

10 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I do not buy the rational behind Nissan proposal to have RAV4 for test drive. Simply slapping themselves in the face.

This is possible  , they just have to train their sales  persons to focus on a few draw back of  RAV4  and highlight a few strengths of Nissan equivalent , most customers would be convinced.  How many consumers actually walk in beingbaware about the strength and weakness of a car.  This is also partly a psychological sales tactic to show customers that if i dare to put  my competitor's car for your test, what do you think my confidence is with my own car? 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

OK got your point. I too low SES to step into Ferrari showroom, so unaware of the test drive restriction. But in any case, no buyer will ever test car of such huge status differences. My earlier post was purely for fun (since you mention Subaru and Nissan, both under TC).

Reminds me of the old days at Sim Lim Square. When a sales person wanted to promote a particular brand / model of say laptop, they will set their promotion model to the best spec (brightness, contrast, resolution, speed, etc.) while doing the reverse for others they were NOT promoting, to make the uninformed customers 'see' the differences...

If Nissan really dis that and get expose by Toyota or the media, I can safely say that it's the end for them in USA.

Soli soli I am too serious...time to relax my muscles...😂

But I think even if they let test drive between Subaru and Nissan, except for misers and Nissan lovers, between the Impreza and Sylphy, they could be tempted by the Impreza for its safety features and its airyness, or might as well be drawn opposite for the Avante or to the right for the Mz3 if space is not the only consideration for buying a car.  

I dont think anyone can bring himself to like the Sylphy, for there many other better choices around for that money.

If they do that in Singapore, I think they can give up selling the Sylphy.

Edited by Brass
  • Haha! 1

Hahaha give free Nissan people also don't want, still want to proceed with test driving Toyota at Nissan showroom? :D :D :D 

That viral TikTok star who got a free Nissan Frontier from Ocean Spray? He traded it for a Silverado

doggface-truck.jpeg

Adding salt to the wound, he even posted this on his tik tok account: "Ghosted... five star upgrade like..."

7cmMBWg.png

Remember when Ocean Spray gave Nathan Apodaca (more widely known as @420doggface208 on TikTok) a brand new Nissan Frontier pickup? OK, maybe you don’t, but the cranberry juice company did exactly that after one of Apodaca’s TikToks absolutely blew up the internet earlier this year.

We laughed and raised our eyebrows before, but the most recent development on Apodaca’s TikTok account has our attention now. You see, Apodaca has now “upgraded” to a new Chevrolet Silverado 1500. We asked his manager what would come of the gifted Frontier, and it turns out that Apodaca traded it in to buy the Silverado. Goodbye, Nissan. Hello, Chevy.

For those still wanting more backstory, Apodaca garnered this level of fame and attention (over 6 million TikTok followers now) after taking a video of himself skateboarding away from his broken truck, down a highway entrance ramp, drinking Ocean Spray Cran-Rasberry juice and lip-syncing "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac. The internet embraced it as “a whole vibe,” and we can’t disagree. It’s a fantastic video, and Ocean Spray decided to capitalize on it by giving Apodaca a truck to replace the broken-down pickup he was skateboarding away from.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

On 11/17/2020 at 11:40 PM, Brass said:

Soli soli I am too serious...time to relax my muscles...😂

But I think even if they let test drive between Subaru and Nissan, except for misers and Nissan lovers, between the Impreza and Sylphy, they could be tempted by the Impreza for its safety features and its airyness, or might as well be drawn opposite for the Avante or to the right for the Mz3 if space is not the only consideration for buying a car.  

I dont think anyone can bring himself to like the Sylphy, for there many other better choices around for that money.

If they do that in Singapore, I think they can give up selling the Sylphy.

Actually the sylphy sales volume i think is not up there with other competitors. 

6 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Hahaha give free Nissan people also don't want, still want to proceed with test driving Toyota at Nissan showroom? :D :D :D 

That viral TikTok star who got a free Nissan Frontier from Ocean Spray? He traded it for a Silverado

doggface-truck.jpeg

Adding salt to the wound, he even posted this on his tik tok account: "Ghosted... five star upgrade like..."

7cmMBWg.png

Remember when Ocean Spray gave Nathan Apodaca (more widely known as @420doggface208 on TikTok) a brand new Nissan Frontier pickup? OK, maybe you don’t, but the cranberry juice company did exactly that after one of Apodaca’s TikToks absolutely blew up the internet earlier this year.

We laughed and raised our eyebrows before, but the most recent development on Apodaca’s TikTok account has our attention now. You see, Apodaca has now “upgraded” to a new Chevrolet Silverado 1500. We asked his manager what would come of the gifted Frontier, and it turns out that Apodaca traded it in to buy the Silverado. Goodbye, Nissan. Hello, Chevy.

For those still wanting more backstory, Apodaca garnered this level of fame and attention (over 6 million TikTok followers now) after taking a video of himself skateboarding away from his broken truck, down a highway entrance ramp, drinking Ocean Spray Cran-Rasberry juice and lip-syncing "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac. The internet embraced it as “a whole vibe,” and we can’t disagree. It’s a fantastic video, and Ocean Spray decided to capitalize on it by giving Apodaca a truck to replace the broken-down pickup he was skateboarding away from.

He has poor taste 😂

Both Chevys and Nissan are nobody in front of the mighty Ford.

He should get the Ford F-150.

Endorsed by its sale volume.

↡ Advertisement