sgCarMart rolls out its Car Protection Initiative for buyer peace-of-mind (sgCarMart Warranty)

kobayashiGT

28 minutes ago, StreamRSZ said:

you pay lor. unless dealer advertised that it comes with 6 months sgcarmart warranty. But then again, this is very subjective as what was advertized may not be what is actual. go outside workshop and do.

Thx. Tats the disconnect. If it's successful I dun mind paying. But if it fails to get the warranty then dealer should pay right? 

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
16 minutes ago, Peqasus said:

Thx. Tats the disconnect. If it's successful I dun mind paying. But if it fails to get the warranty then dealer should pay right? 

If you believe in the warranty in the first place. Most of the add on warranties in Singapore are a con. subject to many ridiculous terms and conditions. Voided at a stroke of a pen. Or end up telling you ever damn thing is wear and tear. 

bring someone who knows about cars, get a good discount of what you are willing to pay and use the savings to fix whatever breaks along the way. 
forget STA, AA isn’t too bad. if dealer doesn’t want to budge then walk away. Plenty of cars out there. If you have the money, no need to worry of no car to buy. Don’t be pressured. 

Neutral Newbie

sounds good on paper but will wait to see if really good or not hahga

My car is under sgcarmart warranty. engine status is lit up on dashboard and i sent to ricardo to check whats wrong with the car.

"Upon performing the servicing & general check up, these are the things we found out & we recommended you to replace
1. Servicing $360.00
2. Air filter $58.00 (dirty)
3. Ac filter $68.00
4. Tyre rotate and balance $20.00
5. Valve cover come with gasket $408x2= $816.00
6. Cleaner $11.00
7. Labour $450.00

Estimates only, might required additional parts upon removal of valve cover replacement

Note: All prices indicated above are before GST. thank you"

I note that sgcarmart warranty includes valve cover and ask them why charge me for it. Which they answer yes valve cover is covered gasket is not. 

Then point 5 above is covered? They say ah mistake its only gasket need change and is 180sgd x 2 gasket need change. No warranty for it.

Ricardo Servicing for SGCarmart warranty charges 450sgd for labour and it cost more than my 2 gaskets....

So yah... they say what they like, roti prata abit on point 5 and then no claim for warranty. 

If i dont ask they may charge me as above. I asked become 180sgd x 2 gasket.

but still... i ask if change got warranty period for the gasket cos if engine oil leak again i want to refund and change the valve cover under the warranty. They say no warranty on this. 

I can pay, but if they cant assure me then sorry...

Im not gonna be cai tau and get chop by them and i ask my own mechanic do better.

Cheaper and faster. 

Sgcarmart warranty? u decide.

Edited by theist82
Spelling and grammar
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

SG Car Mart used car warranty is deceiving.  On the website it states that it will cover any issues relating to engine, transmission & drive axle.
I had purchased a 2 year warranty on my 2nd hand Alphard car.

See website here : https://www.sgcarmart.com/warranty/index.php? 

But unfortunately, last week when my car was brought in to Ricardo Auto for transmission problems - they refused and said that the warranty
does not cover it and asked me to pay 4k for the repairs. They said that the problematic parts were not covered under the warranty.

On the website & dealers did not mention any further criteria and asked to read the fine print. There were none. In fact, they claim that is a hassle
free process and covered up to 10k. 

Email, msgs and calls to SG car mart warranty dept have remained unanswered. I believe that this is a scam run by SG carmart and Ricardo auto.
They make it compulsory to service your car at Ricardo - which charges double or triple the amount from other car service centers - and then deny
your warranty claims.

Would appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1