sgCarMart rolls out its Car Protection Initiative for buyer peace-of-mind (sgCarMart Warranty)

kobayashiGT

3 hours ago, Soya said:

The whole scheme sounds good on paper

But the golden question is.......what’s the catch?

Underwriter can just pull out the ‘wear & tear” clause n land up nothing is actually covered...

Sounds like a certain AD that sells horses. The 5 year warranty a lot of stuff is wear n tear from year 3 onwards

↡ Advertisement

On 11/11/2020 at 3:16 PM, Sdf4786k said:

Sounds like a certain AD that sells horses. The 5 year warranty a lot of stuff is wear n tear from year 3 onwards

Listing of used cars under this warranty thingy started appearing liao

Depre seems on the higher side. But if condition is good enough to qualify for warranty, maybe can consider for those who wants a peace of mind

Hope the scheme is successful. Helps to weed out the bad actors out there

It seems good hopefully the claim is easy. This would give peace of mind for buyers buying cars out of agent warranty. Maybe i would consider one too with sgcarmart warranty. The $10k coverage  is reasonable though. Wonder tokio will make money from the $200 premium? Lol

Recently bought a car from 1 dealer in sgcarmart and it claims that it provide sgcarmart warranty. 

But end up the dealer before pass over the car to me, did not go and have the car being checked out by the respective workshop and thus warranty is not covered by sgcarmart.

now base on the email i got.. As attach.. 

But as a buyer, we can only base on the lemon law, that if anything happen in between 6mth of purchase, can go case n shoot the dealer. 

So dun be too happy if u decide to buy a car with such promise on 6mth sgcarmart warranty. 

Screenshot_20211109_185703_com.android.email.jpg

Edited by Castrol

1 hour ago, Castrol said:

Recently bought a car from 1 dealer in sgcarmart and it claims that it provide sgcarmart warranty. 

But end up the dealer before pass over the car to me, did not go and have the car being checked out by the respective workshop and thus warranty is not covered by sgcarmart.

But as a buyer, we can only base on the lemon law, that if anything happen in between 6mth of purchase, can go case n shoot the dealer. 

So dun be too happy if u decide to buy a car with such promise on 6mth sgcarmart warranty. 

From this, it is very much the fault of the dealer and not the warranty. Which dealer is this??

Maybe sgcarmart can consider allowing buyers to activate the warranty themselves instead of the dealer 

Always got such bag egg on the car industry

How much to top-up for warranty ah? The premium 200 only?

Edited by Fitz4i

37 minutes ago, Castrol said:

T & W motoring. 

All his cars that he is selling has stated comes with sgcarmart warranty. 

I doubt i am the 1st nor the last. 

He only has 1 listing lei

• Haha! 2

Woah and I am guessing SGCM won't take action other than noting the complaint u made cause the harsh reality is that the errant dealer still pays money to list on SGCM...

Thanks for sharing and hopefully this can help prevent others from falling into the schemes of unscrupulous used car dealers.

so which mean we should have document on car send to sgcarmart inspection center black n white?

of cos ws normally will chut pattern say link to wear n tear if car got pb

On 11/9/2021 at 10:50 PM, Castrol said:

Sounds like complete BS to me. And not just on the part of the seller, also SGCM. Who took the listing? SGCM. Who's supposed to be scrutinising the wording of the ad carefully? SGCM. Who should bear the responsibility for what's written there, *especially* with regard to anything pertaining to a potential commitment by SGCM? SGCM!!

Of course, that's just my opinion. But it goes to show that all this trumpeting about buyer peace of mind is just BS.

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Peqasus said:

Say if I am looking at used car and insist on the warranty. Who pays the premium prior to purchase?

you pay lor. unless dealer advertised that it comes with 6 months sgcarmart warranty. But then again, this is very subjective as what was advertized may not be what is actual. go outside workshop and do.

↡ Advertisement