Singapore Reckless Drivers Part IX

mersaylee

29 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I don't quite like the ideal of increasing our highway speed limit to 110km/h.

Already driving at 90km/h, some drivers simply can't even handle that speed.  Knowning that Highway Code said that not to drive on the extreme right lane (lane 1) unless overtaking and most still do it.

Hate those who signal and comes into the 1st lane with only to slow down to 80km/h b'cos driving along our Highways are very confusing as certain areas, speed limit is 80km/h and then went up to 90km/h but drivers still maintaining at 80km/h.

Take CTE for example along Thomson flyover, speed limit is 90km/h and then down to 80km/h after Lentor flyover. It increase to 90km/h after Yio Chu Kang flyover until CTE tunnel at Bukit Timah Road and down to 80km/h. Why can't just maintain at 90km/h or be it, kiasu, then 80km/h ?

Same goes for PIE from Airport to Jalan Anak Bukit flyover, 90km/h (Airport to Bedok), 80km/h Bedok to Bedok North flyover), 90km/h (Bedok North flyover to Toa Payoh), 80km (Toa Payon to Jalan Anak Bukit flyover) an then 90km/h to SAFTI.   

Worst still are those "speed limited" vehicles (70km/h) travelling on 2nd lane on highways. Educate this drivers first to stay out of 2nd lane on highways. 

In Japan, Hokkaido, so many times larger than SG and majority of their highways speed limit is 80km/h and drivers automatically drives on the left lane.  

Save driving, everyone [drivingcar] 

Because there is a bend along that portion of CTE. Many lousy drivers lost control along that bend and crashed into the barrier. So that bend, its reduced to 80km/h.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

11 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Local drivers are not so agile in changing driving condition.

U put a camera immediately after the sign of speed limit u see whether the 50 year old suddenly have a reflexes of a 18 year old or not ... 😂 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

As much as 90 is rather slow, I don’t think it’s a good idea to go any faster .. our drivers are rather poor and we have bad habits. 
if we have an accident at 50 kph, it’s quite different from the consequences of one at 80 kph and for every 10 kph increase, it gets significantly more dangerous 

I don’t mind so much if the idiots lose their lives, just don’t take anyone else or damage my car...

Edited by therock
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 1/24/2021 at 6:33 PM, Lethalstrike said:

Is it just me or anyone will agree with me that's having a plethora of screens at near eye level is sibeh distracting? 

U can always turn it off.. for myself , my center console screen is my Waze n Spotify , my instrument cluster is just the speed limit in LCD n the rest of the cluster information is dimmed to the lowest light 

11 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Local drivers are not so agile in changing driving condition.

I agree completely. We cannot even make right turn on own discretion (this is sort of variable condition). 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Already driving at 90km/h, some drivers simply can't even handle that speed.  Knowning that Highway Code said that not to drive on the extreme right lane (lane 1) unless overtaking and most still do it.

Take CTE for example along Thomson flyover, speed limit is 90km/h and then down to 80km/h after Lentor flyover. It increase to 90km/h after Yio Chu Kang flyover until CTE tunnel at Bukit Timah Road and down to 80km/h. Why can't just maintain at 90km/h or be it, kiasu, then 80km/h ?

thats why i suggest increasing the speed limit only for overtaking lane. can work??? lol

frankly i dun know which expressway is 80 or 90 . whatever lane i drive i never drive at 80. unless in front go traffic,

even with those cam at the side, i go around 90+ . never ever tio fine even once. they give allowance 1.

super buay tahan those ppl that jam brake on expressway to 70 when they spot cam at the side . 🤮

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Phluvcat said:

SG expressways too short for 110 as in too many ingress and egress at short intervals causing weaving of traffic.

Condition of tarmac also quite bad nowadays.

A lot of drivers do not have the capability, common sense, respect and etiquette.

I would say just stick to current max limit but raise some of the unreasonably slower ones. And get the hoggers out of the way. 

Like I said previously, the long stretch on AYE up to 2nd Link should be increased to 100km/h.

It is a boring section.

48 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

U put a camera immediately after the sign of speed limit u see whether the 50 year old suddenly have a reflexes of a 18 year old or not ... 😂 

That's reflexes.  Not agility.

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Because there is a bend along that portion of CTE. Many lousy drivers lost control along that bend and crashed into the barrier. So that bend, its reduced to 80km/h.

I agreed with you.

If one attended the DefensiveDriving Course (DDC), one can take any corners (except 'T' junctions) at 80km/h or more depending on how wide the turns is.

DDC covers the following before you 'kup' corners:-

1) the condition of your car (tyres treads, number of persons inside {weights distribution} )

2) road condition (wet, dry, sandy, oily surfaces & new or old tar roads)

3) Driver's condition (enough rest, mindset (angry, deep thoughts, thinking something else, ego)

4) the speed when approaching the corners and leaving the corners after taking it

5) familised with all the routes you have driven (first time driving there, better don't take the risk cos you won't know what surprises you at the bend) 

6) approaching a bend at a fast speed, tap the brake first to dip the front of the car so that with the weight of the car, all wheels will grips onto the road as in fast speed, the wind goes beneath the car does have some lifting effect causing the tyres only skimming the road surface.

7) Tyres width of 165 mm & 175 mm, forget taking the corners even at 70km/h b'cos not enough grip on the road surfaces

8) Finally, the CG of your car. SUV & MPV have high CG and taking corners are a risk of overturn. That is why sports cars are lower than a saloon cars.

Remember, you are driving at your own risk unless if you have the confidents to do it. Don't follow the front car blindly in taking corners. The driver in front might be more experience then you. [drivingcar]    

• Praise 4

16 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

I kenna twice, separated by a few years.

Both times got warning letter. 😁

But if more than 100km/h I think kenna liao. Now they hard up for $$$ else how to recover $100B?

Anyway, just take note. EXIT 18 on AYE.

to err on the side of caution, i take it as ALL overhead bridges after Jurong East exit. Safer hahaha

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

that one at clementi is meant more of those going into the carpark and blocking the pedestrian crossing. So when you at the white line and there is a gap.. the car behind u may often tap their honk thinking u fall asleep.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Actually there’s nowhere in Sg which is really far away

wait til you visit Melbourne or something 

so the extra 10 minutes drive is really nothing..

when you get stuck on the NSH during hari raya for hundreds of miles .. now that’s something 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Beehive3783 said:

Bet that mofo didn't expect a simple pedestrian crossing traffic light to have red light camera hahahahaahahah :D

Yes, this is at clementi central beside the eng wah 321 :D