Singapore Reckless Drivers Part IX

mersaylee

4 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

How about for this lady?

If she had left her gear in D and then alighted, the auto-hold take over and then release it few secs later like in the video? 

What if she had left her gear in D and press the electronic parking brake? It will still release a few secs later when the car detect it's in D?

With manual handbrake pulled up and car left in D, at least the car won't move. I also had this mistake before. 

I drove Mitsubishi Outlander that equipped with both Electronic Parking Brake and auto-hold.

The car will not move unless there is throttle input.

If the car has both, it is unlikely it will move.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

18 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

It depends on whether FWD or RWD.

For RWD, driving wheel will be disengaged from GB when the handbrake is used.

You sure? In my M140i, I can feel the car straining against the handbrake while in D. 

Not that I think the footbrake is much better. The only reason it doesn't feel so obvious is because the braking force is higher with the footbrake (and distributed to all four wheels, although the latter point is only important with FWD or AWD). 

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Kopites said:

Good for laugh. Hilarious. Haha

By the way pirus using electric break or the convention hand break.

I reckon she must still be in "d" stepping out. 

Btw, why does she even need to step out of the car? IU spoiled?

Happen to me a number of times, IU have card but parking machine keep saying insert card (even after pulling and putting card back in IU few times same shyt).

• Praise 1

34 minutes ago, therock said:

Some do, but bro please avoid using the manual handbrake with drive mode... bad for your gearbox..

No la, it was a mistake I made. 

I was wondering what happened to the lady. The car only moved off after a few secs. Means the auto hold was released? 

Hypersonic

wah...she lucky there was no cross traffic when she was chasing after her car

otherwise could have been killed as well if another car were to smash into the side of her car with her in between

😬😅

• Praise 4

20 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

You sure? In my M140i, I can feel the car straining against the handbrake while in D. 

Not that I think the footbrake is much better. The only reason it doesn't feel so obvious is because the braking force is higher with the footbrake (and distributed to all four wheels, although the latter point is only important with FWD or AWD). 

When I was driving E39, I always use handbrake at the traffic light.

I can feel that the rear wheel is disengaged from GB.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Unfazed said:

I confess.. Happened to me quite a few yrs back but with handbrake up being my habit. Suddenly saw some incident occurring while vehicle stationary but can't recall what incident. Mere few secs later when I m back at driver seat then realised I was still in D. Was like, gosh, what did I do? Fr then, everytime I touch an auto, I will be reminded of that. Drive manual 99 percent of the time. Drive auto very relax but too relax for me that it just slipped my mind. Kept reminding myself fr then onwards. 

Drive manual some time too relax can make stupid mistakes ... I managed to coast to stop until I stalled the car in 4th gear 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

How about for this lady?

If she had left her gear in D and then alighted, the auto-hold take over and then release it few secs later like in the video? 

What if she had left her gear in D and press the electronic parking brake? It will still release a few secs later when the car detect it's in D?

With manual handbrake pulled up and car left in D, at least the car won't move. I also had this mistake before. 

But sure if its the same model but the prius i drove before had manual foot parking brakes which is something i really don't like. I've drove a few cars with these foot brakes and my muscle memory with manual hand brake is not really helping. always need to spend a few secs more to ensure car is properly locked before stepping out of the vehicle.

I once drove my car with the handbrake up. Was wondering why my car so lethargic... lol. 

Anyway what she did is both hilarious and dangerous, running out blindly like that. Also, a very expensive 20m. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

21 hours ago, Didu said:

It's much better to standby a breakdown triangle in the car for such occasion. People are usually not emotionally prepared for an unexpected vehicle breakdown. Putting oneself on the road calling for help is just too risky.

Or if don't have breakdown triangle, put a brightly coloured pail on the road 50m before the broken-down vehicle. If pail also don't have, then a tree branch with a bright coloured cloth tied to it also can. As long as oncoming traffic notices and slows down, anything placed would have done job.  

Hypersonic
4 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Cannot wait..... To get a shave. 

Orbigoot!!! 🤣🤣

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 8

Twincharged
2 hours ago, therock said:

Yeah, really dislike the footbrakes.. 

Turned me off getting a few cars just because of that..

must be cannot hand brake turns. 😁

1 hour ago, Strat said:

King kong lorry for the win!

I don't think the lorry even noticed the accident probably thought got some stones hit the side LOL

• Haha! 8

1 hour ago, Jellandross said:

Deserves it.

Driver should be thankful that it was the car that got damaged & not his/her body that's injured.  

Hope this video educate those drivers who maintained that oncoming vehicles must slow down for them to enter expressways. 🙄

Edited by TameDriver
  • Praise 9

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Jellandross said:

No patience, die die wanna come out, then must floor accelerator and zoom off. This kind of piss slow speed still wanna force it's way out. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1