Singapore - Hong Kong air bubble for leisure travel

Thaiyotakamli

As far as I can tell, a return trip to HK will entail at least 3 paid PCR tests. (unclear if there'll be a 4th when coming back to Changi)

Including organising 2 separate pre-dep test appointments in SG & HK.

And 2-3 hr quarantine in HK airport for the arrival test results.

So not quite like the old days. But definitely an opportunity to escape the daily monotony for a while... 🤘

Edit:

Confirmed no test required on arrival back at Changi (when flying on designated Air Travel Bubble flight)

"No SHN or COVID-19 swab test upon arrival"

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/files/SHN-and-swab-summary.pdf

Edited by CremornePt

Developing |  Hong Kong to step up Covid-19 border controls with city put on alert for fourth wave of infections
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3109334/hong-kong-step-covid-19-border-controls-city-put

Sophia Chan reveals measures to close loopholes, launches new contagion-fighting tools as city expects 20 new coronavirus infections

Edited by inlinesix

sg <> hk air travel bubble is only suitable for

a. must travel due to business

b. must travel due to family 

c. last but not least ... vacation die hard fans

Free and Easy travelers not likely to go through such hassle not to mention the extra cost $$$

2 hours ago, CremornePt said:

As far as I can tell, a return trip to HK will entail at least 3 paid PCR tests. (unclear if there'll be a 4th when coming back to Changi)

Including organising 2 separate pre-dep test appointments in SG & HK.

And 2-3 hr quarantine in HK airport for the arrival test results.

So not quite like the old days. But definitely an opportunity to escape the daily monotony for a while... 🤘

Edit:

Confirmed no test required on arrival back at Changi (when flying on designated Air Travel Bubble flight)

"No SHN or COVID-19 swab test upon arrival"

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/files/SHN-and-swab-summary.pdf

That pdf is not clear about SG returning passengers that made use of ATB to reach HK in the first place.

Otherwise it says those must have stayed in HK 14-days and tested negative within 72hrs of departure from HK. There isn't really a not to confirm what happens if, for example, we leave SG in ATB and return 6-days later.

"Travellers are required to remain in Hong Kong and/or Singapore in the last 14 consecutive days"

And/or indicates HK & SG as combined area, so no need to stay > 14 days in HK.

Question is whether HK arrival swab can double as 72 hr pre-dep swab before heading back to SG - if yes, then 2-3 day stays in HK would  be pretty efficient.

58 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

Question is whether HK arrival swab can double as 72 hr pre-dep swab before heading back to SG - if yes, then 2-3 day stays in HK would  be pretty efficient.

18. Do I still need to take another COVID-19 PCR test in Hong Kong before I return to Singapore, if the COVID-19 PCR test I had taken in Hong Kong upon arrival is within 72 hours before my departure from Hong Kong?

There is no need to take another COVID-19 PCR test in Hong Kong. You will need to present the COVID-19 PCR test result already issued to you in Hong Kong to the airline staff when checking in for your departure flight in Hong Kong.

• Praise 2

By the time I was able to call this evening, all the first week flights are full, and second week near $840.

Second week December can come down to $620 only.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
11 hours ago, bsswan said:

By the time I was able to call this evening, all the first week flights are full, and second week near $840.

Second week December can come down to $620 only.

Priced for the desperate traveler  [laugh]  Time for SIA to recoup some of its loses.

Air tickets between Singapore and Hong Kong on Nov 22 sell out, economy class seats hit S$1,000

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/air-travel-bubble-tickets-singapore-hong-kong-nov-22-sell-out-13516094

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

28 minutes ago, Didu said:

Priced for the desperate traveler  [laugh]  Time for SIA to recoup some of its loses.

Air tickets between Singapore and Hong Kong on Nov 22 sell out, economy class seats hit S$1,000

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/air-travel-bubble-tickets-singapore-hong-kong-nov-22-sell-out-13516094

There is a problem that only SG Citizen and PR are guaranteed a return to Singapore.

Based on rules, long-term pass holders such as EP/DP/Student etc. have to apply with MoM to be allowed to return to Singapore. This kinda screws up all the Hongkongers here that are not PR, still unable to safely travel home and return a few days/weeks later for the first time since March.

There are no restriction for Singaporean returning to Hong Kong.

• Praise 1

Kindergartens in HK are starting online classes again after this weekend, and there is talk of schools closing.......because of spreads caused by Staycations at hotels.

What do most people need from the ATB? Flights and um, oh yes......hotels.

↡ Advertisement