Jump to content
Carbon82

Porsche 904 with 1299cc V2 engine, 270Km/h top speed...

Recommended Posts

Hypersonic

While @Toeknee_33 is having wet dream with the news of Mazda developing a new IL6 engine, I am drooling over this, but it will never happen, 'cos...

2013 Porsche 904 Living Legend

porsche_904_living_legend_1_03aa0230087f

porsche_904_living_legend_8_039400cc08d6

porsche_904_living_legend_46_02fd00bc095

porsche_904_living_legend_9_021d0540066c

porsche_904_living_legend_5_0476027406a1

porsche_904_living_legend_67_01f9042909b

porsche_904_living_legend_7_015b03560a03

porsche_904_living_legend_4_000001ce0d1d

porsche_904_living_legend_2_010602440cce

porsche_904_living_legend_01e700000bd107

When VW was developing the limited-edition and very frugal XL1, Porsche Design Studio was intrigued by its carbon fiber chassis and decided to use it as the basis for an ultra-light and minimalist sports car to act a modern reinterpretation of the 904 from the 1960s.

Meet the 904 Living Legend concept from 2013, a member of Porsche’s Unseen collection of design studies that was released recently, out of the blue. While VW chose a carbon chassis for reasons related to unbelievable fuel economy, Porsche’s take was to create a purist’s wet dream; a small mid-engined coupe that barely weighs over 900 kg (1,984 lbs).

The biggest surprise is in the engine bay where there’s no four-pot or flat-six, let alone a V8. Porsche’s engineers downsized the powertrain recipe to a V2 inherited from a motorcycle. When VW developed an XL Sport concept back in the day and it too had a V2, a 1.2-liter engine from the Ducati 1199 Superleggera. It produced 200 horsepower and revved all the way up to a screaming 12,000 rpm.

To imagine the performances this Porsche 904 Living Legend would've had, we’ll remind you the 2014 XL Sport did 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 5.7 seconds and had a top speed of 168 mph (270 km/h). It’s worth pointing out the VW was a tad lighter, weighing only 890 kg (1,962 lbs).

The end result is a mid-engined coupe that looks effortlessly beautiful, with its clean lines and seductive curves giving it supercar-levels of presence. This could be Porsche’s answer to the Alpine A110 but unfortunately, the world has moved on since 2013.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic (edited)

KOPI KAT KLAN.

:grin:

Homage to Ferrari Dino - arguably the most beautiful Ferrari of all time.

image.thumb.png.3b828cb6f6849bba3732d66739ceebe0.png

image.thumb.png.dfc8e322b97e99919b2b96433a53b353.png

image.png.640f6733592f6332b0b054963283dadc.png

image.thumb.png.b735a789874158f9a90bfbd3de486ad1.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic

I would like to drive this car with this song playing loud.

:grin:

image.png.7d4534486891d8b0b0a6b18bef429c5e.png

 

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

KOPI KAT KLAN.

:grin:

Homage to Ferrari Dino - arguably the most beautiful Ferrari of all time.

image.thumb.png.b735a789874158f9a90bfbd3de486ad1.png

Say that again, who kopi who har? :D:D 

1963 Porsche 904 Carrera GTS

porsche_904_carrera_gts_3.jpg

porsche_904_carrera_gts_5.jpg

1968 Ferrari Dino 206 GT

dino_206_gt_4_016b00710d9f0a3a.jpg

dino_206_gt_9_017500840c420949.jpg

  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged

I will wait for 10 to buy a COE car of this model.

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to believe that this 904 concept is related to VW XL1. The latter look like a plain Jane next to the 904 concept. 

2014-volkswagen-xl1-2-grey-coupe-wallpap

2014-volkswagen-xl1-wallpaper-preview.jp

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
12 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

While @Toeknee_33 is having wet dream with the news of Mazda developing a new IL6 engine, I am drooling over this, but it will never happen, 'cos...

2013 Porsche 904 Living Legend

porsche_904_living_legend_1_03aa0230087f

porsche_904_living_legend_8_039400cc08d6

porsche_904_living_legend_46_02fd00bc095

porsche_904_living_legend_9_021d0540066c

porsche_904_living_legend_5_0476027406a1

porsche_904_living_legend_67_01f9042909b

porsche_904_living_legend_7_015b03560a03

porsche_904_living_legend_4_000001ce0d1d

porsche_904_living_legend_2_010602440cce

porsche_904_living_legend_01e700000bd107

When VW was developing the limited-edition and very frugal XL1, Porsche Design Studio was intrigued by its carbon fiber chassis and decided to use it as the basis for an ultra-light and minimalist sports car to act a modern reinterpretation of the 904 from the 1960s.

Meet the 904 Living Legend concept from 2013, a member of Porsche’s Unseen collection of design studies that was released recently, out of the blue. While VW chose a carbon chassis for reasons related to unbelievable fuel economy, Porsche’s take was to create a purist’s wet dream; a small mid-engined coupe that barely weighs over 900 kg (1,984 lbs).

The biggest surprise is in the engine bay where there’s no four-pot or flat-six, let alone a V8. Porsche’s engineers downsized the powertrain recipe to a V2 inherited from a motorcycle. When VW developed an XL Sport concept back in the day and it too had a V2, a 1.2-liter engine from the Ducati 1199 Superleggera. It produced 200 horsepower and revved all the way up to a screaming 12,000 rpm.

To imagine the performances this Porsche 904 Living Legend would've had, we’ll remind you the 2014 XL Sport did 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 5.7 seconds and had a top speed of 168 mph (270 km/h). It’s worth pointing out the VW was a tad lighter, weighing only 890 kg (1,962 lbs).

The end result is a mid-engined coupe that looks effortlessly beautiful, with its clean lines and seductive curves giving it supercar-levels of presence. This could be Porsche’s answer to the Alpine A110 but unfortunately, the world has moved on since 2013.

It could well be a 2 strokes engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I will wait for 10 to buy a COE car of this model.

I would be contented to get a Lotus Elise.

10 year COE renewed, of course.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
On 11/13/2020 at 9:55 AM, Carbon82 said:

While @Toeknee_33 is having wet dream with the news of Mazda developing a new IL6 engine, I am drooling over this, but it will never happen, 'cos...

porsche_904_living_legend_8_039400cc08d6

Cannot buy that one never mind 

can buy this one, still available.

I heard its not too bad too.

:grin:

image.thumb.png.35d6c222a5f5fe4d3d525bfc619479bb.png

If you need something faster then maybe this egg CCX car designed by Top Gear.

I think you will like it very much.

image.thumb.png.098daceb0dc2eabb964f0a4801d0552d.png

This car tried to kill the Stig because of no down force on the rear in a turn.

So Top Gear told the Egg company to put a rear wing on the back and they did it.

Without wing

After add rear wing

 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
On 11/13/2020 at 9:26 PM, SGCM928 said:

Hard to believe that this 904 concept is related to VW XL1. The latter look like a plain Jane next to the 904 concept. 

2014-volkswagen-xl1-wallpaper-preview.jp

VW is going to make a Honda Insight?

:grin:

image.thumb.png.cf1a9d34c38e735fe2e68384051d1d59.png

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×