Property Investment Education Company Gets Called Out, They Defend Themselves On YouTube

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Property Investment Education Company Gets Called Out, They Defend Themselves On YouTube

source: https://mustsharenews.com/i-quadrant-youtube/

xProperty-Investment-Education-Company-G

The I Quadrant Draws Flak For Marketing Ads, Explain Themselves On YouTube

For those who have the fortune of coming across certain advertisements on YouTube – you know the ones – you’d know that they promote financial investment classes.

People like Imran and Dominic are probably well-known to people by now.

They appear enticing and promise that you’ll never have to work another day in your life by 40 — and all you have to do is listen to them and give them money, sometimes in that order.

However, the people in these videos have been called out for their marketing tactics, though at least one of these companies offered a defence on YouTube.

xProperty-Investment-Company-Gets-Called

Responses to the videos haven’t been all too pleasant, however, with more thumbs downs than thumbs ups.

The I Quadrant teaches property investing skills

One of the companies which drew attention was The I Quadrant, a “financial investment education” company.

The company was co-founded by 4 people:

• Germaine Chow
  • Shawn Lee
  • Ivan Cai
  • Benny Ong

They host seminars which people can, as you’d expect, pay to enter and learn from these gurus on financial investments.

However, they staunchly claim that they are not a financial or investment company but an educational one.

For a period of time in 2019, The I Quadrant was listed until the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)’s Alert List, but that listing was removed.

xScreenshot_220.png.pagespeed.ic.XFuF1mF

This may be because they don’t provide investment services or financial consultancies.

YouTubers call out marketing ‘gurus’

A YouTuber, Rishi, recently called out these “gurus” in a video.

xScreenshot_222.png.pagespeed.ic.LFf0IMF

Among The I Quadrant’s claims in their ads – some of which drew over 1.5 million views – is that you can invest in property “with little to no money down”, meaning you won’t need a large down payment.

Property agents give Rishi their thoughts on methods

But the viral videos, Rishi said, don’t answer the most important part — how?

Curious people would’ve clicked in to find out, but they’d have to attend a seminar to really get the information they seek.

Although there are free seminars, The I Quadrant also try to sell their courses – known as Property Income Mastery Courses.

xScreenshot_223.png.pagespeed.ic.45u5Vhl

Then, once students complete the course, they’ll get the opportunity to join “masterclasses”, which also come with a princely fee.

The costs of these classes aren’t revealed on their website.

So Rishi decided to ask 2 property agents about their thoughts of The I Quadrant’s claims.

In short, their answer was — yes, you can make investments with little down payment, but the costs will be borne by others.

Other YouTubers like Justaway Garnett have also made videos debunking The I Quadrant’s methods.

The I Quadrant defend themselves

Following the call-outs, The I Quadrant decided to make a YouTube video defending themselves.

But it’s fair to say that reception to the video hasn’t been fantastic.

image.png.d49a88fb33fbe75d8af107992f0a2150.png

However, that video was just a preview for what was to come. On 11 Nov, they released the first of perhaps a series of videos talking about their claims, and presumably, their legitimacy.

They went into a case study explaining the methodology.

xScreenshot_221.png.pagespeed.ic.qM0IicY

To put it simply, in the video, they explain that others – such as the tenants you rent out to – can cover the repayments you’ll have to make to the bank, and they call this ‘good debt’.

However, what we’re also told from the video was that one needs to select the ‘right’ property’ to get the ‘good debt’ going, which in term can yield the returns they supposedly made.

And how do we do that? Well, we’re told that we must ‘acquire the knowledge’, which they can conveniently provide — for a fee, of course.

Netizens aren’t convinced

Regardless of their defence, however, not many have taken to their explanations — including from people who’ve allegedly gone for their seminars.

Among the accusations are that The I Quadrant do not reveal the risks of their methods, and that they allegedly deleted negative comments left on their Facebook page.

They also claim that people with little to no income can start investing in property as well — but many say this is highly risky and can incur bankruptcy.

Selling a dream

Whether their tips are true or not, how you spend your money is up to you. But do be wary of people who promise easy or quick riches, because that doesn’t exist.

It can sound very enticing to not work a day for the rest of your life while income rolls in. But if that were so effective, people wouldn’t be teaching you how to do it.

That, or these things you can find watching YouTube videos, which are free.

Paying a lot of money for some secret you supposedly can’t get elsewhere sounds more like a marketing tactic than anything.

I think basically they wanna sell houses to those who are looking for another form of investment. They just make it very logically for these ppl to buy.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I think they advertised too aggressively on YT. Alot of ppl dulan them by delaying them from watching their fav videos. But their tactics worked, I myself went looking up what they were up to (same for ace academy). 

End of the day, there is no easy money.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

I think govt doesn't really care about such companies. This one was only called out because they were reminding people that HDB is a depreciating asset that will go down to zero.

If Singaporeans realized that, the whole house of cards might collapse.

anyone who can "teach" you to make easy money., multiply your properties ..

yeah why do they waste time "teaching" you when they can DIY themselves ?

or perhaps you are the fool for them to make easy money out of ?

a fool and his money are soon parted.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

the formula work 

the maths check out

but probably 5% succeed, 5% breakeven, and 90% fail - if you, will you do it? the 5% succeed is the cheong type .... either way they are on turbo mode and + luck

so better “teach you” (ahem) ... you take the risk and they makan the course fees, commissions first ... song song gao jurong

just like trader offering courses to teach you trading ... can make smelly smelly $5k-$10k per week.

if their formula work without risk, they probably making $100k per week liao ... still need to listen to all criticism and cynicism meh

and not forgetting the online marketing GURU and so on .... the list goes on ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

I think govt doesn't really care about such companies. This one was only called out because they were reminding people that HDB is a depreciating asset that will go down to zero.

If Singaporeans realized that, the whole house of cards might collapse.

yes ... that's the deal breaker ... going around tell ah pek ah mah ... your hdb is a liability ... your hdb is $0 .... aren't you worried? shouldn't you be crying?

wtf .... every 99LH property is $0 when reach 99 years ... isn't it? let's not talk about enbloc whatsoever ... just the maths

80% people stay in hdb ... assuming buy at 30 years old ... live 60 years ... 90 years old already ... probably bye bye liao ... 

you pay the flat for a roof over your head ... you live in the flat for 60 years and still got 30 years lease left to cash out ... some more what you want?

you pay for a cake ... eat it ... and then still want to have it?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

They qualify themselves as an education company?

Really Gar pai tua shui

不學無術

教壞大小

成何體統!!!

遺臭萬年。

Edited by Albeniz

1 hour ago, Albeniz said:

They qualify themselves as an education company?

Really Gar pai tua shui

不學無術

教壞大小

成何體統!!!

遺臭萬年。

I think will not be subject to certain regulatory framework if put as education company. 

wah... all out to destroy them 

later the xmm lose everything 2nd time around and cannot feed her family with small kids how?

😱😬

42 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

What qualifications do they have?

KNN anyhow sell KohYok 

simi lanjiao "Masterclass"

anyway only idiots will pay to attend.

good luck Idiots

one of them is a newly registered property agent not long ago. 

33 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

one of them is a newly registered property agent not long ago. 

Oh property agent licence is qualifications as an educator?  Muayhahahaha

If you're annoyed by their youtube ads, simply create a private google account and leave a 1 star rating on their google maps entry. That will leave a permanent stain on their reputation 

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

If you're annoyed by their youtube ads, simply create a private google account and leave a 1 star rating on their google maps entry. That will leave a permanent stain on their reputation 

Or just get YouTube Vanced or some other ad free third party app. I've been ad free on youtube so long I can't even remember these ads clearly.

13 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

I think they advertised too aggressively on YT. Alot of ppl dulan them by delaying them from watching their fav videos. But their tactics worked, I myself went looking up what they were up to (same for ace academy). 

End of the day, there is no easy money.

Sounds like this

54208678._SR1200,630_.jpg

It's all very simple : you need some substantial money, in order to make more money. Or get a loan from a bank to get started, but even then the bank will scrutinize you, which means you need some serious money / income in the first place to convince them.

Once you have money, buy a property in a high-demand place, rent it out, and the engine gets moving.

Being engineering, and not finance trained, I find this concept familiar : The Second Law of Thermodynamics - there is no such thing as "free energy" and perpetual motion machines! So the idea that tenants can fully service your loan, well, that sounds to me like a "perpetual motion machine".

16 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

It's all very simple : you need some substantial money, in order to make more money. Or get a loan from a bank to get started, but even then the bank will scrutinize you, which means you need some serious money / income in the first place to convince them.

Once you have money, buy a property in a high-demand place, rent it out, and the engine gets moving.

Being engineering, and not finance trained, I find this concept familiar : The Second Law of Thermodynamics - there is no such thing as "free energy" and perpetual motion machines! So the idea that tenants can fully service your loan, well, that sounds to me like a "perpetual motion machine".

waiting for @wind30 to comment ... LOL

I know how to own property with no money.

Just sell courses on 

how to own property with no money.

:grin:

There is a sucker born every minute.

image.png.385a3a876679859f574af66da04a8b5e.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2