SingapoREdiscovers tourism vouchers extended till end of the year!

StreetFight3r

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Same, not yet utilise.  I have $400 from family.

Problem is hotel can't combine, a reasonable 4* or 5* hotel will be price range $200+ to $300+ before tax.

Using $100 voucher still need to top up a lot of cash.

Attraction booking as you said, very mafan.

I used mine for a hotel stay on OC bday, something I would have done anyway.

↡ Advertisement

18 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

I used mine for a hotel stay on OC bday, something I would have done anyway.

Hotel stay don't attract us as typically my wife able to get very attractive price for hotel. 

Unless voucher can be fully use. 

I have not used the Voucher yet, and it is due for expiry in end june/21 , only been to Friends of Garden by the Bay few times since unlimited 6 months trial has expires in Early Feb/21

Don't quite like hotel stay, anyone been to resort farm stay around ? appreciate [cool]

About three-quarters of adult Singaporeans have not used their SingapoRediscovers vouchers

Mr Chan was responding to questions about the utilisation rate of the vouchers, whether the ministry will consider extending the deadline and if the redemption method will be reviewed to encourage more people to use them.

“There is no change to the redemption deadline of Jun 30, 2021 for now,” said Mr Chan.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singaporediscovers-vouchers-not-used-expire-end-june-redemption-14561562

everybody support then the scheme can be hailed a success then can have another round mah ... [scholar]

16 minutes ago, Blueray said:

About three-quarters of adult Singaporeans have not used their SingapoRediscovers vouchers

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singaporediscovers-vouchers-not-used-expire-end-june-redemption-14561562

everybody support then the scheme can be hailed a success then can have another round mah ... [scholar]

those who want to use it already use it long ago, those who didn't use by it now won't be using it.

2 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

those who want to use it already use it long ago, those who didn't use by it now won't be using it.

i have friends who wanted to avoid school holidays, CNY etc, now then start to book with the vouchers.

must admit there are plenty of options available.

Supersonic

I still havent use, plan to use in Apr or May but lazy to go figure out how to redeem the vouchers?! Lol.

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I still havent use, plan to use in Apr or May but lazy to go figure out how to redeem the vouchers?! Lol.

just go to singpass app and generate the voucher code to use while you are making a booking.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Very easy la. Go redeem or donate out. Better than never use

• Praise 2

Supersonic
15 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Very easy la. Go redeem or donate out. Better than never use

I will try to go figure it out before the Jun school holidays. If by Jun still no go redeem, then mostly i would not use liao cause dont want to visit places of interest during the school holiday. Lol.

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

I will try to go figure it out before the Jun school holidays. If by Jun still no go redeem, then mostly i would not use liao cause dont want to visit places of interest during the school holiday. Lol.

What I know is that you can only use one voucher for a night Hotel Staycation......

Example : 1 night cost $300/- and minus your voucher of $100/-, you have to pay $200/- for the night. Cannot use your wife voucher to offset the $200/- balance cost.

Then if you say for another night, than your wife voucher come in handy. 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

I recall seeing pay it forward options on Klook.

• Praise 1

I used mine at River Safari on the Good Friday and Ching Ming long weekend...thinking won't be crowded because many would need to go for prayers...

kns...i tink many must have thought their ancestors have reincarnated as fish or pandas...😂

• Haha! 5

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I used mine at River Safari on the Good Friday and Ching Ming long weekend...thinking won't be crowded because many would need to go for prayers...

kns...i tink many must have thought their ancestors have reincarnated as fish or pandas...😂

Any long weekend default crowded de, esp now when everyone is stuck in sg. Lol.

SingapoRediscovers voucher: Travel firms appreciate it, but some say it has not boosted shrinking revenue

Rather than generic walking tours of a particular precinct, Oriental Travel & Tours offers themed excursions. Their best-selling tour is Creepy Tales in Singapore, a four-hour-long exploration of “spooky” places such as cemeteries.

During the first few months of the voucher’s launch, Mr Foo said about 95 per cent of his tours were booked with it. Now, about 30 to 40 per cent are paid for in cash — an indication that Singaporeans are willing to pay for local tours after using up their vouchers, he said.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/singaporediscovers-voucher-travel-merchants-appreciate-it-say-results-have-been-mixed-and

cemetery tour during ghost month ? 

good for loved ones, eg MILs ... [:p]

• Haha! 2

Damn crap system

perhaps it is to prevent abuse but the whole

mechanics is so damn irksome

Me too, have yet to redeem