It's abt time we change our laws abt cats in hdb

StreetFight3r

https://mothership.sg/2020/11/tan-chuan-jin-adopts-cat/

On Nov. 17, Tan announced on social media that he has recently adopted a male kitten.

125187148_3597175540325195_8623654311770097959_o.thumb.jpg.f10d271a6f826b055a0867841227aee7.jpgphoto6172503050082692041.jpg.09bf1d234c03a6228a33204d48f72e8c.jpg

Tcj stay condo or landed? 

As long as Windows n gates meshed up, ensure cats not able to leave the house, dun see why cats are any different from dogs

Cats dun bark also

I assume less disruptive 

It's only a problem when some owner want cats but still insist on letting their cats roam freely 

Those should be punished but dun penalise the rest of us from having cats

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

28 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

It's only a problem when some owner want cats but still insist on letting their cats roam freely 

This. But nowadays most cat owners are well aware lah. Unlike last time in the 80s and 90s ppl just let cats roam around knowing they will return for food and sleep.

• Praise 2

25 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

This. But nowadays most cat owners are well aware lah. Unlike last time in the 80s and 90s ppl just let cats roam around knowing they will return for food and sleep.

Yup, I fetched many pax who bring cat into car. They all very automatic one.. As in already put the cat inside the bag or cage. Anyway, this I feel is give and take and a lot of times people close 1 eye when owners have cats at home. So hopefully it could be officially be allowed to have cats in hdb. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The kitten is very cute. Long limbs. Slim frame as worthy of an Asian lineage. Will grow up to be a fine jumper who will perch on top of cupboards, shelves and sometimes even the ajared door, watching the family go about their daily routine. 

That stubby tail reminded me of my #5. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, DylanChen said:

the only diff btw cat n tiger r their size.

they cant eat u cause u r too big. 

“God made the cat to give man the pleasure of stroking a tiger.” - François Joseph Méry

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 4

IMHO.
If someone can solve the dog any how poop issue,  then cats maybe a non-issue.
When I see cats, I may think of Toxoplasmosis.

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

“God made the cat to give man the pleasure of stroking a tiger.” - François Joseph Méry

Not replacement of stroking a pussy?

Oh... not degrading...I mean kitten 😁

• Haha! 2

17 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

As the "jiak sai" guy said, "Keep it classy". Or something. 😁

• Haha! 2

23 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I prefer no committmenr

when want to sayang little cat, go downstairs ahhhhhh the downstairs cat 

:grin:

• Haha! 1

'It's only a problem when some owner want cats but still insist on letting their cats roam freely 

Those should be punished but dun penalise the rest of us from having cats'

Yes have laws to enforce this whether cat or dog or other animal. Be a responsible pet owner. Parking wardens they sub contracted out, surely the same can be done for enforcement of pets. Not to create 1 happy party and another unhappy one. Just ensure licence and tagging are done. Everyone is happy.

• Praise 1

Might be another issue. Dogs already have issues of their own. 

I mean you like to keep cats or dogs but other ppl may not like their presence and the noise they make.

If we see cat and dog poo and piss all over also quite sian. Not every pet owner is a responsible individual...all of the time.

Edited by Watwheels

Please no.

Our urban enviroment isn't suitable for keeping pets like cats (and dogs). What you get is more animal shit all over the place, more food thrown around by people feeding these cats thinking they are strays and more quarrels between neighbors. 

Frankly you should only consider keeping a cat/dog if you own landed property with a big garden - bigger than those narrow terrace houses of course.

13 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Please no.

Our urban enviroment isn't suitable for keeping pets like cats (and dogs). What you get is more animal shit all over the place, more food thrown around by people feeding these cats thinking they are strays and more quarrels between neighbors. 

Frankly you should only consider keeping a cat/dog if you own landed property with a big garden - bigger than those narrow terrace houses of course.

no household should keep pets, better if each RC or CC build a small pet farm where they have cats, dog, rabbits, hamsters, chicken running around. Anyone who want to give love to animal can go there for 2 hours to enjoy themselves, no need to worry about cleaning up and causing inconvenience to other  :D

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Please no.

All these are irresponsible pet ownership behavior by humans. 

Cats are easily kept indoors. They can be easily entertained indoors with the right tools eg high points, balls of crumpled paper to chase around. When kept indoors, there is no public defecation issue as highlighted. And community cats bury their poop in sandy places if they can find one. It's hardwired into their DNA.

Dogs are taken out for walks to burn off their excessive energy. Some dogs pee and defecate outside. It is the responsibility of the owners to clean up after them. I live near a 1.5km PCN where there are many dog owners walking their dogs on a daily basis. I've stayed there for close to a decade and jog there almost 2 to 3 times weekly. I have never encountered any dog feces because dog owners around that area are responsible owners.

What you have highlighted are irresponsible behavior by people. 

Yesterday while waiting for the bus, I saw a middle aged man getting down from his van around 50m away, and dumping a used red plastic bag onto a pile of dead branches prob cut down earlier by ENV workers. That is an example of the ugly inconsiderate behavior of humans.

• Praise 4
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

'It's only a problem when some owner want cats but still insist on letting their cats roam freely 

Those should be punished but dun penalise the rest of us from having cats'

Yes have laws to enforce this whether cat or dog or other animal. Be a responsible pet owner. Parking wardens they sub contracted out, surely the same can be done for enforcement of pets. Not to create 1 happy party and another unhappy one. Just ensure licence and tagging are done. Everyone is happy.

IMHO and AFAIK.
Awhile ago, I did internet research on this matter.    
The question is WHO will be the one to subcontract the enforcement?

There is HDB, Town Council, NParks, AVS, maybe got more.... who is the enforcement?

HDB - Build only? 
Town Council - Maintenance only ? 
NParks - Area not under them ? 
AVS - Issue license only ? 

↡ Advertisement