Man picks up someone else's DBS bank card at Toa Payoh, enters '888888' & retrieves S$8,000 from account

kobayashiGT

47 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

As the card is being ejected got sound wan what. What are the chances he's both deaf and forgetful? 

Time limit set very long.

If he either deaf or forgetful then such thing will happen liao lo. Lol. Some people their ears are not sensitive to sound de, so even the machine got sound, he might not realise it and 'hear' it. 

↡ Advertisement

41 minutes ago, Sky61 said:

Read carefully.... the victim did a bank transfer at the atm. No money come out one. Hence done already, forgetful to take card. But seriously, who sets their password 888888? I thought only pioneer gen or merdeka gen might..

Ya, he did not draw money and only did a bank transfer at the atm?! Lol. I thought high chance people would sets their password 123456?

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Wasted talents - he should guess the weekly 4D first price number and bet. It's 4 digits, much easier to get it correct than 6 digit PIN! 

I don't believe in 4D,  just give me the 4 digits of STI 2 weeks later will do. 

No need to be accurate to the last digit, just an estimate will do.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Ya, he did not draw money and only did a bank transfer at the atm?! Lol. I thought high chance people would sets their password 123456?

Wahlau.... How come you know my password? 

• Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, 13177 said:

ATM cannor use alphabet characters le, must be some password to login mcf? Lol.

Weird ppl do weird things... Like this.. 

96bb2-006-r.jpg

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

moral of it, better to use 999999

i thought i saw somewhere, he first tried 000000 then he tried 999999 then finally he tried 888888 and got money!

he took out $2000 then took out money a few more times.

the owner of card also careless, each time withdraw from atm will get sms - that means he never pay attention a few times.

2 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

I heard someone here used the password "iluvsex" ...but can't be atm coz 7 characters liow

Who who who?

Tell him or her to use HUGHUG or 484484

Easy to remember also right?

:grin:

If password is only 5 character then use

NAKED or 62533

90% of Helpdesk calls is people forget their passwords.

I have never forgotten any of my passwords.

I choose something I like and easy to remember.

If people need suggestions I can help.

I also do auspicious names for babies for pregnant ladies.

If need a name for your child I can do online suggestion using PM.

• Haha! 1

40 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

90% of Helpdesk calls is people forget their passwords.

I have never forgotten any of my passwords.

I choose something I like and easy to remember.

If people need suggestions I can help.

I also do auspicious names for babies for pregnant ladies.

If need a name for your child I can do online suggestion using PM.

Hmmmm............ your MIL birth date, months & last 2 digits of the year ... [sly]

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Weird ppl do weird things... Like this.. 

96bb2-006-r.jpg

Ideal siah, iluvsex can use to login mcf, then for ATM use 4588739. Both password same same. 🤣

2 hours ago, Mooose said:

i thought i saw somewhere, he first tried 000000 then he tried 999999 then finally he tried 888888 and got money!

he took out $2000 then took out money a few more times.

the owner of card also careless, each time withdraw from atm will get sms - that means he never pay attention a few times.

Maybe the card owner never set sms notification for any withdrawal? 

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

Is he dumb or what? Every freaking ATM machine in Singapore has a video cam on it 24x7.

I used to do ATM machine testing :grin:

He thought no one would find out?! Guess high chance he should be dumb, if not dont think anyone would do such thing in sg cause confirmed and chopped would get arrested de.

Nowadays even normal ezlink card also can be traced if the owner lost the card.

1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

i never changed my atm pin that the bank sent me, i forced myself to memorise them [sweatdrop]

actually that happened for me. But now number imprinted liao. When i was younger, i could remember all my parents ATM pin numbers. lol.

• Haha! 2

20 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

actually that happened for me. But now number imprinted liao. When i was younger, i could remember all my parents ATM pin numbers. lol.

You can remember all the ATM numbers for your parents? Guess they must be using pin numbers like 888888?! [laugh]

Actually I also dont remember my pin number. If you ask me now I also must think for a while. I just remember the pattern. Like the way some of you choose to unlock your Android phone.

The position of the numbers on the keypad is pretty much fixed and the same for all atms. So instead of remembering numbers I just remember the strokes as though I'm unlocking the phone and treat the numbers as if they are dots to join the continuous stroke. I started doing that way back when I first got my atm card. I too find it tedious to have to remember the 6 digit pin.

So here's a good tip on how to remember your pin with ease but to the point ppl cannot guess your pin. Not by recalling the numbers but through a stroke pattern.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1