Best 360-Degree Surround Camera for my Honda Vezel?

serendipity

Is a surround camera actually effective for a new driver?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Is a surround camera actually effective for a new driver?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Hi there,

I bought a Honda Vezel couple of months ago and I am very happy with the car. I'm pretty comfortable with driving but my wife is still getting used to it. We find the parking spot in our building a bit tight and the rear parking camera only helps to a certain extent. Parallel parking especially during rush hour can be quite cumbersome so we thought a front camera would be helpful. For experienced drivers, this might not make sense, but for newer drivers it can add a ton of peace of mind (I think).

My accessories dealer suggested a 360-degree surround camera to install in the car. I couldn't find any reputed brands online but wondering if any of you have experience with these? Do they actually work effectively? I've seen ATOTO, FSK, Weivision and CarThree but they seem to have mixed reviews.

I know that the camera won't be as nice as a Honda factory installed one, but I am keen to explore. 

See this Youtube video: 

Examples Of Cars With 360-Degree Camera Systems

• Audi: Top view camera system with Virtual 360 View
  • BMW: Surround View With 3D View
  • Chevrolet: Surround Vision
  • Ford: 360-Degree Camera
  • Hyundai: Surround View Monitor
  • Infiniti: Around View Monitor
  • Kia: Surround View Monitor
  • Land Rover: 360-Degree Parking Aid; ClearView
  • Mazda: 360-Degree View Monitor
  • Mercedes-Benz: Surround View System
  • Nissan: Around View Monitor
  • Toyota: Bird's Eye View Camera
  • Volkswagen: Overhead View Camera (Area View)
  • Volvo: 360-Degree Surround View
↡ Advertisement

Depending on you. IMO Vezel is a small hatchback car, it can't be more than 5m long and 2m wide. If you think this will assist you and your wife then you go ahead and install one. What more justification do you want?

My time is no assist in the car wan. Somemore it's a manual gear during my driving test. Still got to maintain half clutch when parking. Heng, still got power steering. Ppl now lucky siah, driving test auto. Somemore now cars got so many driver assist features.

Do learn how to use your judgement. If the feature or function is not working at some point you can still rely on yourself.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Haha! 1

54 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Depending on you. IMO Vezel is a small hatchback car, it can't be more than 5m long and 2m wide. If you think this will assist you and your wife then you go ahead and install one. What more justification do you want?

My time is no assist in the car wan. Somemore it's a manual gear during my driving test. Still got to maintain half clutch when parking. Heng, still got power steering. Ppl now lucky siah, driving test auto. Somemore now cars got so many driver assist features.

Do learn how to use your judgement. If the feature or function is not working at some point you can still rely on yourself.

Its shorter than a Vios/ Accent but is just taller than it. 

But for safety, the 360° camera is ideal.

Just a shoutout, all XVs and Foresters have 360° camera too.

Get down from car.....not only 360 view - top view, side view, back view, any angle view also can 😁

Joking aside. When I am newbie driver i will purposely get down from car to view the actual gap/distance when doing parking.

(at less traffic car park off course)

After some times you will get used the safe distance from driver seat view. No need 360 view.

No short cut, practice make perfect.

If not just like one bro mentioned if happen driving a car with no such feature(friend , relative car etc) you/your wife will become goondu at parking

Lol... Mostly china cams, Ok views, not sharp, n the most impt part is the fusion of all 4 cameras to get the seamless views.. helpful, but if you're using this to save your lousy Driving, i suggest u spend more money for your driving refresher course ba.. the views are small n not detailed sharp

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2