4 men arrested, to be charged with armed robbery in Jurong

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

4 men arrested, to be charged with armed robbery in Jurong

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/4-men-arrested-be-charged-armed-robbery-jurong

armed_robbery_2.png?itok=_NUPIgcv

SINGAPORE — The police said on Friday (Nov 20) they have arrested four men suspected of being involved in an armed robbery with a knife at a unit along Jurong Gateway Road on Thursday afternoon.

Three men, aged 19 to 22, had allegedly robbed the unit of about S$48,000, preliminary investigations showed. A fourth man, 26, was believed to have disposed of the knife used in the robbery.

“One of the men allegedly pointed a knife at a female staff, pulled her hair and demanded her to hand over the money in the unit,” the police said in a statement.

The men then dragged her into a room before fleeing with the cash.  

The police did not name the unit, but Chinese news site 8World on Thursday reported that OT Credit, a money lender located at Block 135, Jurong Gateway Road, was robbed that afternoon.

The police said on Friday that they were alerted to the case at 4.15pm on Thursday and have been able to recover about S$30,000.

“Efforts are underway to recover the rest of the loot,” the police said.

The four men will be charged in court on Saturday with armed robbery with hurt. If found guilty, they could be jailed at least five years and caned a minimum of 12 strokes.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner of Police Marc E said: “The men involved in the armed robbery displayed an egregious disregard of the law. The police will spare no effort in pursuing such criminals to bring them to justice.”

Woah. young and dangerous.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Hosey liao, wonder if the rotan guy or the hangman is going to get the contract. 

Armed robbery no hanging, don't be so ziek ark! But looking at the menacing karambit knifes used, 23 strokes each will be just right!

And as I always advocate, cane on the last day of their sentences.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
29 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Hehe...Robbing ah loong (loan shark), a crime?

licensed. means protected by ah gong. hahahah.

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Armed robbery no hanging, don't be so ziek ark! But looking at the menacing karambit knifes used, 23 strokes each will be just right!

And as I always advocate, cane on the last day of their sentences.

Really? I could've sworn it was a capital offence at one point in our recent history. 

5 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Really? I could've sworn it was a capital offence at one point in our recent history. 

I think it is (or was) kidnapping or armed robbery with discharging of fire arms. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I think it is (or was) kidnapping or armed robbery with discharging of fire arms. 

Oh ok, I'll take your word for it. 

11 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

kidnapping confirm. ( dun know if change already or not..)

54 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Watched too much TV or movies.

v2-294bdb73ece62e94a3afcc5371b1cdae_1440

If they come after me, I will take the one in the front that never button up his pants.

When his pants fall down, I will run away.

:a-happy:

He cannot run very fast with his jeans around his ankles.

These 4 are really kamgong..With so many CCTV around us , Singapore is a no no place to commit a crime.

Unless you can go invisible. Otherwise, how SPF usually solves a crime within 24 hours or sometimes even lesser?

4 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Where to run away in Singapore..

Man arrested for suspected armed robbery at a moneylender in Bukit Batok

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/armed-robbery-bukit-batok-moneylender-suspect-arrested-police-15187226

Such a thoughtful robber...wrote in different font size and rephrased his intent...scared moneylender couldn't read clearly...😁

• Haha! 7