Wild Boar Charges Into Woman In Pasir Ris, She Receives 10cm Long Gash

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Wild Boar Charges Into Woman In Pasir Ris, She Receives 10cm Long Gash

source: https://mustsharenews.com/wild-boar-pasir-ris/

xWild-Boar-Charges-Into-Woman-In-Pasir-R

Woman Cut By Wild Boar In Pasir Ris, Said It Sprang Out Of Bush

Wild boars are not uncommon at nature reserves and parks. Usually, they’d leave you alone if you do the same. However, a 50-year-old woman had an unfortunate encounter with one along Sungei Api Api in Pasir Ris on Tuesday (17 Nov).

xWild-boar-1.png.pagespeed.ic.RzR0Jan31I

She received a 10cm long cut on her leg and was sent to the hospital.

Woman encountered wild boar during stroll in Pasir Ris

According to Shin Min Daily News, Mrs Yu was on the way home from a stroll with her husband at 9.30pm on 17 Nov, when they encountered a wild boar about 15m away from Pasir Ris Drive 3.

She said the animal sprang from a bush to her left and charged towards her. Mrs Yu felt a sharp pain in her left leg when the boar struck her, causing her to be knocked over and fall face down.

xWild-boar-2.png.pagespeed.ic.SGEYaryDbq

The animal was reported to be about 1.2m long and ran away after hitting Mrs Yu.

The tusks of the wild boar apparently caused a gash about 10cm long and 3cm wide, on top of cuts on Mrs Yu’s face. Mr Yu, her husband, immediately drove her to the hospital, where she’ll be hospitalised until Sunday.

Surgery after getting cut

Mrs Yu had to go through 3 hours of oral surgery and is on a liquid diet, reports Shin Min Daily News.

After her fall, the bones around her mouth sustained injuries while her teeth were pushed inward from the impact.

Stay calm when you see a wild boar

According to NParks, wild boars may wander into parks, roads, and even residential areas.

While wild boars are not carnivorous and mainly feed on seeds and tubers, they may attack when feeling cornered, or if they believe their young are threatened.

xWild-boar-4.png.pagespeed.ic.kYUyBLnwIO

These native creatures can grow pretty huge, weighing up to 100kg. Furthermore, the canines of males may cause serious injuries if they attack.

NParks advises Singaporeans to stay calm and move away slowly if you see a wild boar. Keeping a distance from their young is also a wise precaution.

It should be noted that feeding them is against the law, and can be punished with up to a $5,000 fine for first-time offenders, while repeat offenders may be fined up to $10,000.

Part of Singapore’s biodiversity

While wild boars may be dangerous when provoked, they are still part of Singapore’s rich biodiversity. As long as we give them some breathing space, all should be well.

If you do encounter one – or a group of them – during a morning jog, keep calm and carry on.

Hopefully Mrs Yu recovers well from the incident.

th?id=OIP.Ojd0ylFKkrm4IdLY-SgOUAHaNL%26p

Bring your pokeballs next time also. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 3

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

I did saw a few big one at Pasir Ris parks when i cycle there in the morning.. once i saw them i IMMEDIATELY U-turn! whahahahahhahaha..

Lucky they never charge after you?! 😅 Cause maybe even you U turn also no use since they might have see you liao?!

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

I did saw a few big one at Pasir Ris parks when i cycle there in the morning.. once i saw them i IMMEDIATELY U-turn! whahahahahhahaha..

The lone male ones are esp dangerous. 

5 minutes ago, golden_eagle said:

what does one do when there is a pack of wild boars? 

seems like a kick is like no use at all and they can outrun most people except young folks. 

Wild boars are even dangerous than stray dogs. 

8 minutes ago, golden_eagle said:

what does one do when there is a pack of wild boars? 

seems like a kick is like no use at all and they can outrun most people except young folks. 

just leave them alone, if they in your path, wait for them to cross , or back off for them to go away. normally they avoid human .

they wont attack u unless threaten.

they more afraid of u then u afraid of them 😁

• Praise 7

I don't think we heard the full sorry.

:grin:

I would like to hear the boar's side.

Usually, they’d leave you alone if you do the same

• Praise 1

I trekked regularly at Treetops,( Venus Drive ) had seen a few and I ' siam " to avoid eye contact, try not to venture in after 445-5pm coz it is their hunting dinner time with their young's one.

I had asked my friend to write in to NEA or relevant authority to cull them or at least rev=move their sharp front curl up tooth which re dangerous to kids and children, few years ago heard a park ranger was attached and he has a broken ribs cage in his body. It is TIME to take ACTION or more park user/s can get hurt for nothing . . .

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

52 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Lucky they never charge after you?! 😅 Cause maybe even you U turn also no use since they might have see you liao?!

Wild Boars also choose their target(s) carefully

chippendales-men-x-ite-coup-d-oeil-sur-1

It is really an unfortunate incident, hope she recovers soon....
with all the urbanisation, these animals are losing their nature habitat. Just the other day I was near Bedok reservoir, saw a Small monitor lizard crawling into a bush, that area used to have a huge vegetation, but now making way for the HDB BTO flats.... 

• Praise 3