Wild Boar Charges Into Woman In Pasir Ris, She Receives 10cm Long Gash

kobayashiGT

On 11/21/2020 at 2:51 PM, Weez911 said:

Does it help if you jump when a boar charges at you? They are not tall and you can't outrun them, and once they charge one time they won't come back again. 

I don't have other idea how to deal with a charging boar otherwise.

Raise your arms,  sway them left and right and start ROARING!! Like Sasquatch or a Wookie. 

it will frighten the hell out of them.

I think. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

On 11/22/2020 at 3:43 PM, BanCoe said:

Saw a video clip of a boar jumping on to a bike basket to get food in Ubin , can’t upload as it’s too big file .... anyone else seen it 

13694BF2-C080-4557-BF7C-581214301FF4.jpeg

3BCA31B7-FCE0-4084-8101-837324BB3084.jpeg

D4D1FA1E-CFCF-4DCC-B8F0-529ADBF0BB8E.jpeg

F68B429A-FD60-40D7-8523-F2226ABE54C8.jpeg

chio

• Haha! 1

Just slaughter them to keep the numbers down.

These are not otters with auxiliary coast guard duties.

They have no natural predators and will eat all carrion, i shiver to think they raid cck plots.

NS done , book out liao cos.

On 22 November, 2020 at 4:18 PM, Windwaver said:

D4D1FA1E-CFCF-4DCC-B8F0-529ADBF0BB8E.jpeg

One in red I think better :grin:

Too bad no face.

Generally, I'm using this photo to illustrate that the wild boars here are friendly and ' looking cute ' for foods only, their snort can smell foods from a distance like monkeys when thy see visitors with commercial plastic bags ( thy identified it as foods / fruits ) so monkeys will act ' gung ho ' to come arounds us to grab the foods . . .

While the playful monkeys & wild boars at SICC MacRitchie Reservoir are a lot different behaviours, thy are unlike what I saw in the photos,  my guess are due to lack of foods supply available in the reserve and during these particular period, the scavengers are left with less choices, w/o provocation nor keeping a distance with calm nerve, the wild boars in particular will analyse their environment to proceed with their routine , take a leap of faith to attack or charge or simply move away . . . with their young's family to another spot. My analysis are based on 10 years of trekking experiences in the reserve of most part of Singapore

Edited by Meanmachine
wrong place
  • Praise 2