Wild Boar Charges Into Woman In Pasir Ris, She Receives 10cm Long Gash

kobayashiGT

1 hour ago, Meanmachine said:

I trekked regularly at Treetops,( Venus Drive ) had seen a few and I ' siam " to avoid eye contact, try not to venture in after 445-5pm coz it is their hunting dinner time with their young's one.

I had asked my friend to write in to NEA or relevant authority to cull them or at least rev=move their sharp front curl up tooth which re dangerous to kids and children, few years ago heard a park ranger was attached and he has a broken ribs cage in his body. It is TIME to take ACTION or more park user/s can get hurt for nothing . . .

Even if you kill all of them now, more will swim across from Johor to take their place. And 1 mother pig can give birth to several baby pigs every 6 months or so. So no amount of culling will be effective. 

Maybe reintroduce their natural predators like tigers. That should work! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 8

36 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Wild boars was here way before we invaded their sanctuary. 

We should manage and Co exist with our piggy friends. 

wild boar reproduce very fast, they got no natural predator here , and with their natural sanctuary invaded.

maybe some min culling is needed, but pls dun kill them all...

sometime innocent passerby might haven threaten them unknowningly.

but my experience 2 years in tekong, so many encounter with wild boar, i never heard of them attaking any 1........

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

I don't think we heard the full sorry.

:grin:

I would like to hear the boar's side.

Time for u to send yor doting U know who there 🤣🤣

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Macrosszero said:

Does your MIL have an alibi?

I suspect it was her too.

No wonder my pig suit I got to entertain the kids for CNY

went MISSING.

image.png.10ebe9e30d3c536321646bf5cf8060a7.png

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Even if you kill all of them now, more will swim across from Johor to take their place. And 1 mother pig can give birth to several baby pigs every 6 months or so. So no amount of culling will be effective. 

Maybe reintroduce their natural predators like tigers. That should work! 

A construction site with some Vietnamese workers will solve this problem.

But must be very careful in case dogs go missing too.

He looks happy.

image.png.0db8f58fa2348f2bd45e213b235ced78.png

• Haha! 5

Does it help if you jump when a boar charges at you? They are not tall and you can't outrun them, and once they charge one time they won't come back again. 

I don't have other idea how to deal with a charging boar otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Does it help if you jump when a boar charges at you? They are not tall and you can't outrun them, and once they charge one time they won't come back again. 

I don't have other idea how to deal with a charging boar otherwise.

The male ones come with horn. Bad idea to jump and to land with our bottom on it. Ouch..... 

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

wild boar reproduce very fast, they got no natural predator here , and with their natural sanctuary invaded.

maybe some min culling is needed, but pls dun kill them all...

sometime innocent passerby might haven threaten them unknowningly.

but my experience 2 years in tekong, so many encounter with wild boar, i never heard of them attaking any 1........

Yeah, those who served NS will know all the horror NS stories don't involve wild boars.

Maybe the ladies can try NS?

5a10284406e4cc6393108fd088a36035.png

• Haha! 2

From https://restlessbackpacker.com/how-to-survive-a-wild-boar-attack/

How to Survive a Wild Boar Attack

• Remain calm.
  • Keep a safe distance.
  • Slowly back away from the wild boar.
  • If you have time, try to reach higher ground such as a boulder, car, possibly even climb a tree. But please consider that this might be hard to apply due to the closeness and speed of a wild boar surprise charge.
  • When attacked, keep your footing. Try sidestepping quickly to avoid being swung by its tusks.
  • If all the above fails, fight back with whatever available at hand (sticks, your bare hands, a knife, a gun) until mauling ends.
  • Even when attacked, try to keep your standing position by all means as you can suffer greater injuries once down.

Would poking them in the eyes work? Works for sharks.

• Praise 2

My son has shared an idea - quickly play a video of a growling tiger at maximum volume on your handphone. Not sure if it works...

Hopefully there is no 6s advertisement, or 2.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

5 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

I trekked regularly at Treetops,( Venus Drive ) had seen a few and I ' siam " to avoid eye contact, try not to venture in after 445-5pm coz it is their hunting dinner time with their young's one.

I had asked my friend to write in to NEA or relevant authority to cull them or at least rev=move their sharp front curl up tooth which re dangerous to kids and children, few years ago heard a park ranger was attached and he has a broken ribs cage in his body. It is TIME to take ACTION or more park user/s can get hurt for nothing . . .

removing the canines?

cannot believe anyone will suggest this [shakehead]

4 hours ago, Weez911 said:

My son has shared an idea - quickly play a video of a growling tiger at maximum volume on your handphone. Not sure if it works...

I doubt it will work. I would think these boars dont even know how a tiger look like, what sound they make, and know it is their predator,

• Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Weez911 said:

What if the video agitated the wild boar and ended up they charge at you? Lol.

21 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

I disliked your post because it is such a preposterous idea. You go into a nature reserve, into the wild animals' space, and you think that they should be culled or de-toothed?

Take some responsibility for your own actions. You fear the boars, monkeys, mosquitoes and leeches so much, you stay in your concrete jungle ok? If boars come to NEX mall, then you have more "right" to demand them to be culled.

Edited by Macrosszero
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13