Wild Boar Charges Into Woman In Pasir Ris, She Receives 10cm Long Gash

kobayashiGT

22 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

I trekked regularly at Treetops,( Venus Drive ) had seen a few and I ' siam " to avoid eye contact, try not to venture in after 445-5pm coz it is their hunting dinner time with their young's one.

I had asked my friend to write in to NEA or relevant authority to cull them or at least rev=move their sharp front curl up tooth which re dangerous to kids and children, few years ago heard a park ranger was attached and he has a broken ribs cage in his body. It is TIME to take ACTION or more park user/s can get hurt for nothing . . .

Too complicated la. Just say hunting of wild board are allowed.

We will have cheap meat and you can trek safely. Yum yum

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

From now on I'll wear a T-shirt with unPhotoShopped pics of unsmiling Rosmah on front and back for reservoir walks. Should deter wild boar, snakes and monkeys 😆

• Haha! 5

1 minute ago, Kklim said:

From now on I'll wear a T-shirt with unPhotoShopped pics of unsmiling Rosmah on front and back for reservoir walks. Should deter wild boar, snakes and monkeys 😆

Can wear it during lunar 7th month also😁

• Haha! 2

20 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Does it help if you jump when a boar charges at you? They are not tall and you can't outrun them, and once they charge one time they won't come back again. 

I don't have other idea how to deal with a charging boar otherwise.

Jump run hide or any other stunt also good... Just don't follow stupiak advise to stay calm and stay still from a charging boar... 😁

• Praise 3

On 11/21/2020 at 9:12 AM, Ody_2004 said:

I did saw a few big one at Pasir Ris parks when i cycle there in the morning.. once i saw them i IMMEDIATELY U-turn! whahahahahhahaha..

To fetch hunting gear Issit? 😁

• Haha! 1

22 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Even if you kill all of them now, more will swim across from Johor to take their place. And 1 mother pig can give birth to several baby pigs every 6 months or so. So no amount of culling will be effective. 

Maybe reintroduce their natural predators like tigers. That should work! 

Bro Volvo, 

I like what you think and I guess you're joking, being a trekker on this trip is no joke really, I have had real life encounter with the wild boars myself and I really chose not to go in after 445pm, not worth the risk, at times i wonder I wonder the real reason the authority put in many efforts to make the City nature reserve looks great but places disregard to safety of young children and woman folks.

As I had short discussion with my fellow trekkers yesterday, we have decided to write in the NEA to spare a though on safety measure why releasing wild boars in most of the reserves can do justice to park lovers.

I mean a sign of a wild boar has been in place at all times " Beware of Wild Boars " is good, but a put off for many park lovers like myself and many other family nature lovers too, my point is, : i don't see monkeys a challenge to wild boar presence, these boars are a nuisance, irritant and a total destroyer of our plants, scrubs and landscape, the amount of damages thy had done can be disaster if worse injured, mauled or kill a innocent citizen. ( w/o provocation )

22 hours ago, Beregond said:

wild boar reproduce very fast, they got no natural predator here , and with their natural sanctuary invaded.

maybe some min culling is needed, but pls dun kill them all...

sometime innocent passerby might haven threaten them unknowningly.

but my experience 2 years in tekong, so many encounter with wild boar, i never heard of them attaking any 1........

Becos most wild boars encountered ended up in cookhouse :D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

Bro Volvo, 

I like what you think and I guess you're joking, being a trekker on this trip is no joke really, I have had real life encounter with the wild boars myself and I really chose not to go in after 445pm, not worth the risk, at times i wonder I wonder the real reason the authority put in many efforts to make the City nature reserve looks great but places disregard to safety of young children and woman folks.

As I had short discussion with my fellow trekkers yesterday, we have decided to write in the NEA to spare a though on safety measure why releasing wild boars in most of the reserves can do justice to park lovers.

I mean a sign of a wild boar has been in place at all times " Beware of Wild Boars " is good, but a put off for many park lovers like myself and many other family nature lovers too, my point is, : i don't see monkeys a challenge to wild boar presence, these boars are a nuisance, irritant and a total destroyer of our plants, scrubs and landscape, the amount of damages thy had done can be disaster if worse injured, mauled or kill a innocent citizen. ( w/o provocation )

I am only joking about releasing the tigers.... 

Do you know wold boars are constantly culled in Tekong? Yet they are still there. You can't kill all of them, and have to adjust to their presence if you like nature and trekking. Just like you can't get rid of all the snakes which are also dangerous.

• Praise 1

I found this article funny. The woman fell fracturing her teeth and facial bones requiring surgery. And they mentioned the gash on the leg which may look scary but ultimately is the less severe injury. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 5

45 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Do you know wold boars are constantly culled in Tekong? Yet they are still there. You can't kill all of them, and have to adjust to their presence if you like nature and trekking. Just like you can't get rid of all the snakes which are also dangerous.

Exactly, I find it intriguing yet utterly anguished, may be due to the NSF recruits performing BMT or reservists training to protect our young and inexperienced NSF boys to men, I had my years of reservist training cycles at Tekong, yet I have not come face to face with a boar, Tekong is a protected area for SAF Army training facilities yet have thy come to a solution of places of habitat for human vs animals exploration . . . who is safer bet between Monkeys Snakes, wild boars or flying bats ? the answer is obvious [thumbsup]

Cull the older male porker and restrict their growth population, tag their movement by chip and trace apps on their whereabout/ hide-out, Do more to ensure public safety and enjoy nature habitat w/o endanger life/ Win/win for both.

1 hour ago, Yeshe said:

Becos most wild boars encountered ended up in cookhouse :D

Plants and flowers are NOT Allowed to be removed from the nature park let alone wild boar, highly likely to be prosecuted if caught[laugh]

• Praise 1

51 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Wild boar culling in tekong? I didn't know that was a thing ... they could sell hunting licenses 🤣

Or Just let soldiers practice..

Actually I don't know if we are seeing real wild boar or previous escaped domestic pigs.. they are suppose to kinda revert to the athletic looking wild form very quickly once feral.. transformers. 

I remember during ns.. was moving among low bushes when there was a grunt and the bushes kinda parted like the raptor scene in Jurassic park... we never actually saw it appear, but my friend was sent flying.. wild boar power. 

• Haha! 1

I find it very strange that we never got to her the wife story

or even the husband's story.

Usually these kind of cases the people involved cannot wait to tell the newspapers their side of the story.

I suspect the wife stop the husband saying anything because its very embarrassing.

Maybe something like she wanted to take a selfie with the boar or she wanted to pat pat his head and he charged because he thought she wanted to hit his head.

:a-happy:

When people tiam tiam sure got something to hide one.

Like when my kids suddenly so quiet I know they did something wrong one.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 6

2 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

Plants and flowers are NOT Allowed to be removed from the nature park let alone wild boar, highly likely to be prosecuted if caught[laugh]

Wat is in tekong stays in tekong, nothing wrong mah :D