Wild Boar Charges Into Woman In Pasir Ris, She Receives 10cm Long Gash

kobayashiGT

8 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Looks like they had alot of fun.. Like no scared of wild boars at all. 

actually Ubin wild boars are like the monkeys, already so used to the many people and bicycles that they no longer afraid of them, and most of them are not aggressive unless you purposely chase and catch their piglets

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Scion said:

actually Ubin wild boars are like the monkeys, already so used to the many people and bicycles that they no longer afraid of them, and most of them are not aggressive unless you purposely chase and catch their piglets

ya. most wild boar avoid ppl. those in ubin behave that way cos of food. its like feeding monkey. 

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Yewheng said:

I also encounter a wild boar last week at night when fetch pax home. Location is also at pasir ris. Because we in car, so no feel scared. Its only when pax want to alight, she abit scared and quickly want to grab the key to open the main gate and faster go in house. 

Pasir ris suddenly so many wild boar?

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I find it very strange that we never got to her the wife story

or even the husband's story.

Usually these kind of cases the people involved cannot wait to tell the newspapers their side of the story.

I suspect the wife stop the husband saying anything because its very embarrassing.

Maybe something like she wanted to take a selfie with the boar or she wanted to pat pat his head and he charged because he thought she wanted to hit his head.

:a-happy:

When people tiam tiam sure got something to hide one.

Like when my kids suddenly so quiet I know they did something wrong one.

Actually I heard something from a fellow park user. Not nice to share here as it had not been substantiated. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

21 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Saw a video clip of a boar jumping on to a bike basket to get food in Ubin , can’t upload as it’s too big file .... anyone else seen it 

13694BF2-C080-4557-BF7C-581214301FF4.jpeg

3BCA31B7-FCE0-4084-8101-837324BB3084.jpeg

D4D1FA1E-CFCF-4DCC-B8F0-529ADBF0BB8E.jpeg

F68B429A-FD60-40D7-8523-F2226ABE54C8.jpeg

Nice view. Good pictures, especially the third!:yeah-im-not-drunk:

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Actually I heard something from a fellow park user. Not nice to share here as it had not been substantiated. 

Share lah!

Just use the word "alleged" than cannot be sued.

If its very juicy the just use spoiler.

Spoiler

Secret

:grin:

• Haha! 2

There are many wild boars in Pasir Ris, from the end of the MRT track towards Global Family School, the Commando Training Camp area and Lorong Halus.

I have encountered them countless times, either lone ones, or in pairs, or a herd of them. Most of the time, they would scurry away from far. There were a few times, the big lone boar stopped and stared. They left eventually.

• Praise 2

17 hours ago, Carbon82 said:
Spoiler

And the wild boar went the reverse way after seeing your MIL right? Oh Jamesc ah oh Jamesc, you are such a poor soul having to deal with someone even a boar fear... :D:D

running-wild-boar-isolated-on-260nw-1304

Reminded me of my NS experience. And I actually lost count of how many close encounter with Wild boar... And I can attest that most of if not all are harmless as long as we don't do anything that will provoke them. [nod]

The most scary one was when I am on a topo trip with my BMT buddy, with SBO and a M16. The boar just charged out from the lalang bush without any sign. It stop about 2m away from us when we stop moving. We are still calm enough to load the bayonet onto the front of our rifles, ready to poke at the boar if it charged towards us. But fortunately, it move away after about 5 minutes. But by then, my buddy's leg started to shake quite badly. :D

Spoiler

The other very memorable one was again on Tekong on a night mission (we using night vision goggles). Hear some sound coming from the side, decided to halt and remain stationary, then suddenly a whole platoon of wild boar (or all sizes) appears from our side and crossing our path. At least 25 boars as we counted, some said >30...[sweatdrop]

And the most unexpected one, at Brunei jungle, a really large one, but yet look very peaceful when we cross path (near a stream), I guess it doesn't bother us cause he need a drink. :D

OK la, BMT still in training, legs weak can forgive.

Wait till he sees a lizard almost the same size as an adult outfield overseas :grin:, not to mention the cold rain and wind.

Those fond memories looking at the night sky with nothing in sight when you found an opening is breathtaking.

Panoramic-Night-Sky-Stars-Forest.jpg

Almost like the above; never regretted being a combat soldier.

• Praise 7

4 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

OK la, BMT still in training, legs weak can forgive.

Wait till he sees a lizard almost the same size as an adult outfield overseas :grin:, not to mention the cold rain and wind.

Those fond memories looking at the night sky with nothing in sight when you found an opening is breathtaking.

Panoramic-Night-Sky-Stars-Forest.jpg

Almost like the above; never regretted being a combat soldier.

Yes, never regretted being a combat soldier, even though it is tough during outfield training and yet it is memorable. ^_^

• Praise 4

10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Yes, never regretted being a combat soldier, even though it is tough during outfield training and yet it is memorable. ^_^

my friend say i hao siao.

but let me pick again, i still pick combat anytime over service.

i prefer outfield anytime over paperwork in office😁

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

my friend say i hao siao.

but let me pick again, i still pick combat anytime over service.

i prefer outfield anytime over paperwork in office😁

Sgp combat no dying in pieces required.

Telling others to go die is always a good idea.

Rephrase, you are an outdoorsman at heart.

We were safely in 'A' vehicle when wild dog/boar/monitor lizard/snake/kangaroo showed up.

Raining also hide inside.

Many many things to clean, even clean road also.

On 11/22/2020 at 3:43 PM, BanCoe said:

Saw a video clip of a boar jumping on to a bike basket to get food in Ubin , can’t upload as it’s too big file .... anyone else seen it 

13694BF2-C080-4557-BF7C-581214301FF4.jpeg

3BCA31B7-FCE0-4084-8101-837324BB3084.jpeg

D4D1FA1E-CFCF-4DCC-B8F0-529ADBF0BB8E.jpeg

F68B429A-FD60-40D7-8523-F2226ABE54C8.jpeg

Think its this video that a friend just sent me.

Ppl should really stop feeding the wild boars. They are harmless unless provoked or sensed danger to themselves or their young.

If any culling or relocation be done, those specific idiotic humans should be the ones on the list. Oops 😅😅

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

There was once I nearly died in an outfield exercise overseas but no regrets.

I was initially graded non-combat fit but tried hard and got myself successfully upgraded to combat fit status.

A lot of my friends were doing the opposite and couldn't understand my mentality. Maybe it was because my dad trained with the Israelis and was a proud soldier.

Frankly, where do you get a chance to shot a real rifle and throw a grenade?

NS life was tough, many times I thought I couldn't make it because of my medical condition. However, my mono intake hokkien peng soldiers made me realized my decision is correct.

Those were the days we truly understand teamwork and it doesn't matter what rank or color, we completed our objectives as a team; that is teamwork.

Only people that has served NS will understand that spirit.

• Praise 8

18 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

There was once I nearly died in an outfield exercise overseas but no regrets.

I was initially graded non-combat fit but tried hard and got myself successfully upgraded to combat fit status.

A lot of my friends were doing the opposite and couldn't understand my mentality. Maybe it was because my dad trained with the Israelis and was a proud soldier.

Frankly, where do you get a chance to shot a real rifle and throw a grenade?

NS life was tough, many times I thought I couldn't make it because of my medical condition. However, my mono intake hokkien peng soldiers made me realized my decision is correct.

Those were the days we truly understand teamwork and it doesn't matter what rank or color, we completed our objectives as a team; that is teamwork.

Only people that has served NS will understand that spirit.

I salute you! 

1 hour ago, PSP415 said:

Think its this video that a friend just sent me.

Ppl should really stop feeding the wild boars. They are harmless unless provoked or sensed danger to themselves or their young.

If any culling or relocation be done, those specific idiotic humans should be the ones on the list. Oops 😅😅

if wild boars become like monkeys depend human for food and roam into residential area or attack people to look for food then problem liao. 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1