Bukit Batok West Ave 9 Has A New Bus Stop, Residents Thank MP Amy Khor For Prompt Action

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Bukit Batok West Ave 9 Has A New Bus Stop, Residents Thank MP Amy Khor For Prompt Action

source: https://mustsharenews.com/bukit-batok-bus-stop/

127235501_3947086768635068_1497231834316

MP Amy Khor Officiates Opening Of Temporary Bus Stop At Bukit Batok West Ave 9

Public transportation is such a huge part of every Singaporean’s life that having a bus stop right near our homes seems like a necessity.

For Bukit Batok West residents, Member of Parliament (MP) Dr Amy Khor made sure that they do.

amy-khor-bus-passenger.jpg

After receiving feedback from her constituents, she took prompt action, leading to the setup of a temporary bus stop.

amy-khor-bus-stop-fb.jpg

Located at Blk 460D Bukit Batok West Ave 9, the bus stop will serve residents in the Bukit Batok West extension and Hong Kah North.

460d-bukit-batok-west.jpg

Residents of West Quarry and the nearby blocks are especially thankful, as they have a much closer stop to alight at.

According to the Land Transport Authority (LTA), the bus stop currently only has service 160M. Whether more will be added in due time is unclear for now.

Residents thank Dr Amy Khor for prompt response

Delighted residents took to the comments section to thank Dr Khor for seeing to their needs so quickly.

One noted how the turnaround was very fast, after residents gave her their feedback.

amy-khor-fast.jpg

Others chipped in with some extra queries, including additional bus services that could be made available there.

west-quarry-bus-services.jpg

All in all, however, their sincere gratitude was apparent, as many left glowing comments and appreciation for their MP.

Greater convenience for all

To see a leader delivering on her promises to serve her community is a heartening sight indeed. That they’re all so thankful further proves how useful her help has been.

We’re glad that the residents now get to enjoy greater convenience. Kudos to Dr Khor for taking care of them dutifully.

amy-khor-bus-resident.jpg

Let’s hope that the temporary bus stop will become a permanent one in due time, offering more services for commuters in the area.

I think the execution is good and swift! But the whole thing seems too wayang. Just for the cookie points! hahaha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

8 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Bus stop also need ribbon cutting ceremony... 

tenor.gif

8931bc02e3670100e91adc4a27a9fdd2.gif

Heh @kobayashiGT why last year MCF revamp never invite all senior members here to cut ribbon? :D:D

Just like any shop. You need to pay inorder to use the bus stop.!

The residences in Bt Batok are very densely packed. 

Is this supposedly good? I thought it's a result of poor planning.

OK OK, well done well done. Come form a circle and pat each other on the back. Yay!😂

Ppl learn from Trump? Such thing also hab good photo op. 

Can write in to ask for StarBucks near my home too? Can cut ribbon too if that's not too much to ask for.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

The residences in Bt Batok is very densely packed. 

Is this supposedly good? I thought it's a result of poor planning.

OK OK, well done well done. Come form a circle and pat each other on the back. Yay!😂

You read the headline!

Is a "temporary" bus stop.. ribbon cutting! If it is a permanent than must invite lion dance!😄

Edited by Kopites
  • Haha! 6

15 minutes ago, Kopites said:

You read the headline!

Is a "temporary" bus stop.. ribbon cutting! If it is a permanent than must invite lion dance!😄

Permanent bus stop they will install a granite plate with the MPs' names for perpetual remembrance.... There are similar things in my neighborhood playground. Of course the upgrading money came from you and me. The MPs didn't even use their mouths, cos it's part of NParks upgrading programme. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 3

24 minutes ago, Kopites said:

You read the headline!

What diff does it make? 😐 If temp...but no dateline stated. So can be permanently temp. Just like some ppl work as temp staff permanantly.🤣

Anything for a good photo op.

Edited by Watwheels

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Heh @kobayashiGT why last year MCF revamp never invite all senior members here to cut ribbon? :D:D

Since when bus stop also need ribbon cutting ceremony? [confused] MP too free nothing much to do? [rolleyes]

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

tenor.gif

8931bc02e3670100e91adc4a27a9fdd2.gif

Hahahhaha. They will cut my hair instead ah. better not. hahaha.

• Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Since when bus stop also need ribbon cutting ceremony? [confused] MP too free nothing much to do? [rolleyes]

Thousand of bus stop in sg. I never seen this shit.😒

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

OK lah. They stop short of having a big roasted suckling pig and throw a party.

Move on move on. Nothing fantastic to see here.

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Who is the MP in that area?

Revenue House side, CCS team (Tanjong Pagar GRC)

Novena Square side, JT team (Jalan Besar GRC)

Edited by Adrianli
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2