MOM investigating firm after ex-employee committed suicide allegedly due to harsh working conditions

Ysc3

stern warning for poor performances or mistakes, done in professional way is ok

but not personal attacks, swearing of vulgarities, or worse, physical abuse... all these i won't hesitate to report (ok ok, maybe scold me stupid, i can still endure 😂 but never ever bring my mother or family into the picture 😡)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

20 minutes ago, Scion said:

stern warning for poor performances or mistakes, done in professional way is ok

but not personal attacks, swearing of vulgarities, or worse, physical abuse... all these i won't hesitate to report (ok ok, maybe scold me stupid, i can still endure 😂 but never ever bring my mother or family into the picture 😡)

Wait till you work in the shipyard. All the vulgarities you know or dont know all come out.:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

5 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Wait till you work in the shipyard. All the vulgarities you know or dont know all come out.:D

Didn't know shipyards are just like my BMT! 

11 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

i would say shipping line all like that, my 1st job share the office with shipping department, all the office woman there screaming vulgarities over the phone really no man can fight [laugh]

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 5

13 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

There are similarities!!! Male dominate industry, all the egos come out. :yuush:

44 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

i think nowadays in army, u cannot swear the vulgarest of vulgarities already (eg knnbccb)

kena complained and that's the end of the career

9 minutes ago, Tohto said:

If you see some TW fac here treat their employees..

not surprise many 'developed' country like TW, JP, KR, HK have more such abuse cases.

SG is consider mild.

• Praise 2

40 minutes ago, Scion said:

i think nowadays in army, u cannot swear the vulgarest of vulgarities already (eg knnbccb)

Really arrh?

30 yr ago, we were in Ex Crescendo. Siao Lang controllers said Mindef wan test out whether our normal 7-man section still can function normally if reduced to 5-man section!!!

Our platoon needed to construct a minefield in the middle of the night. That's a big mission so we roped in medic and signaller, all hands on deck... and the normally peaceful night was furthest away from quiet... all the #%^$&*>?{!+ all came out, continuously.

2 wk later back in camp, PC came back from Ex debrief, told us brigade cmdr feedback that he came across one platoon si bey vulgar, during his 'land rover tour' in crescendo... lucky our CO defended us, said the army needs aggressive soldiers 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Decades ago yes.

Nowadays no common vulgarities languages.

Duck and chicken will just give each other the "blank blur" look.

• Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Last time I had a manager who scolded one worker very jialat....  I even thought the worker was the manager's illegitimate son.... Looking at the way he scolded the worker EVERYTIME. 

The mgr did not treat any one else like that... Only that particular guy. Yes,  the worker was quite blur... But I was really taken aback when I saw the scoldings ... And the guy still took it !

That's because he's blur :grin:

Can't deny these kind of blur personality are the happiest people on earth.

2 hours ago, Scion said:

What if swearrrrrrr in proper English?😆

6 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

That's because he's blur :grin:

Can't deny these kind of blur personality are the happiest people on earth.

I think he knows but becuase of money no choice 

I heard of a very senior guy kena slap before but he took it 

I feel sadness for the deceased and her family. Imagine spending a bomb to come to Singapore to work. After working for the Singapore boss for 3 months, she have to endure scolding and bullying from him. If she quit, she have to return to Malaysia since she is on a work permit pass. Those 3 months must have been hell for her to take her own life. The boss is now crying crocodile tears. What an a_ _ hole.