2021 Honda City Hatchback Revealed As Regional Fit / Jazz Replacement

kobayashiGT

On 11/26/2020 at 11:13 AM, Mooose said:

the price in thailand where it is built is practically the same for the sedan and the hatch.

you can gauge from the omv declared by the AD here and then work out the cost price from factory and therefore the sale price if it were brought in by a PI.

only problem is that you can only get the 1 litre turbo off the market there and not the 1.5 litre that is on sale here - the 1.5 litre is very likely a "special order" for the singapore market requested by the AD .. so if the PI picked up a 1 litre turbo off the market there it would have issues when it arrives, with different VES (and homologation?) ..

probably not worth it?

Its more like 1.0L T is a special order for the Thai Market. The Thai Market has a efficient car scheme whereby the car must be lower than 1.2l and has mileage of more than 22kmpl thereabouts.

The Indian, Malaysia and SG market all get the 1.5L.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Brass said:

Its more like 1.0L T is a special order for the Thai Market. The Thai Market has a efficient car scheme whereby the car must be lower than 1.2l and has mileage of more than 22kmpl thereabouts.

The Indian, Malaysia and SG market all get the 1.5L.

actually only the 1.0 turbo is the default engine available in thailand until recently on 24 nov when the 1.5 hybrid was added to top the city range .. 

It's prolly a move to consolidate designs, manufacturing lines and tooling, marketing, common parts management, etc for major car manufacturers to reduce bottom line 

I do think this new city hatchback does look better than the latest fit/jazz, better usable boot size. 

Neutral Newbie
12 hours ago, Thecarboy302 said:

Some Malaysian sites theorise that ASEAN region folks likely cannot accept the 4th gen Jazz/Fit looks hence the launch of a more "conventional" City hatch in the region. The new Jazz/Fit's styling is still being debated here, so they are right in that regard. Although I am starting to see more 4th gen PI Fits OTR now so I guess people are slowly accepting it. 

That’s sad... Honda Japan shouldn’t generalize all of us. I’ve been waiting for the new Jazz for almost a year now but still no news from AD. If still no good news soon, I’ll go find PI

11 hours ago, lunaf said:

That’s sad... Honda Japan shouldn’t generalize all of us. I’ve been waiting for the new Jazz for almost a year now but still no news from AD. If still no good news soon, I’ll go find PI

Currently only an article from Carbuyer SG quoted saying Jazz Hybrid is confirmed to reach here in Q1 next year with no actual confirmation from Kah or anything. I am interested to see if they will retain the 1.3 variant as it is the volume seller for the 3rd gen GK Jazz. 

I believe PIs are starting to bring in the e-HEV hybrid Fit models?