Taiwanese man sells his PlayStation 5 after his wife found out it wasn't an air purifier

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Taiwanese man sells his PlayStation 5 after his wife found out it wasn't an air purifier 🤣🤣🤣

source: https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-taiwanese-man-sells-his-playstation-5?utm_source=hardwarezone_sg&utm_medium=edm&utm_campaign=enewsletter_daily&sc_src=email_2035717&sc_lid=164249985&sc_uid=wkVoHtuWb5&sc_llid=59015&sc_eh=8d7adc4dcc063c051

PS5_side_view.jpg

Before we begin, let's have a moment of silence for our "fallen" comrade.

November is an exciting month for console gamers all over the globe, and for good reason. With the release of the Xbox Series X and the PlayStation 5 introducing a wealth of new games, everyone is eager is keen to get in on the next-gen action for themselves, although it hasn't turned out well for one poor chap in Taiwan. 

Well, to give some context of what happened, this dude ended up as the living embodiment of the Korean "Plash Speed" meme introduced in April last year. Basically, the joke plays on the stereotype that many women, or more specifically housewives don't stay up to date with the latest gaming tech and are generally against having such devices in the household. The video outlines a theoretical scenario where the game-loving husband orders a new PlayStation Pro console and tries to convince his wife that he has merely gotten a new router called the "Plash Speed" (note the initials!).

Together with the deliveryman's help, he manages to carry out the ruse and fools his wife. The video gained a lot of traction on the Internet when it was released, with many people (presumably husbands) seeing the hilarious side of the video. 

Unfortunately for our comrade in Taiwan, as reported by SGEverydayOnSales (thanks!), he tried to fool his wife in a similar way by telling her the PS5 was an air purifier, and although the ruse initially worked, his wife smelled a rat and eventually found out that it was a gaming console. Needless to say, he received an earful from his wife who forced him to sell it. In fact, we only know as much as we do because the buyer decided to share this rather apt recreation of the Plash Speed meme online. According to him (the buyer), he had asked the seller why he was selling the console so cheaply, which prompted this immensely awkward (if hilarious) explanation. 

Red_Skull_meme.jpg

As gamers ourselves, our hearts really go out to this poor chap, who will have to be content with watching people enjoy something he can never get his hands on. He's quite literally in The Red Skull's position in Avengers: Infinity War when Thanos goes looking for the Soul Stone. We feel you, buddy!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 14

Well, waiting for news of his wife selling her dildo when the man finds out it's not a salad mixer. 😁

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 8

What?! A man can't even buy a playstation for himself? 丟盡天下男人的臉。

I would sell away the wife instead.

成何體統!

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 16

Taiwanese men are like very sad creatures. Just a couple of days ago news of a Taiwanese man's expensive anime figurine collection got thrown into the rubbish dump like trash cos the gf wants to free up space in their unit. And now this.

Is it really Taiwanese women are so clueless? Or are they living in their own bubble?

I think Sony must sell their PS5 that comes with free Gucci women handbag. Everybody wins.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Haha! 5

10 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Taiwanese men are like very sad creatures. Just a couple of days ago news of a Taiwanese man's expensive anime figurine collection got thrown into the rubbish dump like trash cos the gf wants to free up space in their unit. And now this.

Is it really Taiwanese women are so clueless? Or are they living in their own bubble?

I think Sony must sell their PS5 that comes with free Gucci women handbag. Everybody wins.

I would be very busy having fun if i have a girl friend in my house, why would i still have time to play anime figurine?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

11 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I would be very busy having fun if i have a girl friend in my house, why would i still have time to play anime figurine?

Almost毒男is like that

Edited by inlinesix
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Almost毒男is like that

Haha , for all we know,  this is why the girlfriend was unhappy about. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 2

13 hours ago, Watwheels said:

sg man same same lah

so many even need to ask permission to go out with friends.

might as well dont marry, be mummy boy.

12 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Yes, and guys, stop calling your wife as CO.

We are the CO of the family, ok?!

沒有規矩。

成何體統!

ya this is the worst

knn man is the head of the family n they decide to call their wife co lol 

damn beta.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

13 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Yes, and guys, stop calling your wife as CO.

We are the CO of the family, ok?!

沒有規矩。

成何體統!

How many of us here buy car w/o asking wife?

How many of us here don't wait for wife if she is late?

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I use my own money. I don't ask.  Decision made.  I just tell her in advance my decision.  I am not using our family's 開飯錢 to buy car.

I wait for ppl who are late for a valid reason.  I have a hp to keep my time occupied.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 2

12 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Me me me...first question only...second one I don't dare...😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3