Foodpanda S'pore hiring a 'chief makan officer', S$1,000 salary & S$5,000 food allowance

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Foodpanda S'pore hiring a 'chief makan officer', S$1,000 salary & S$5,000 food allowance

source:https://mothership.sg/2020/11/foodpanda-chief-makan-officer/

foodpanda-1.png

Foodpanda has launched a search for its first ever “chief makan officer” (CMO).

What is a chief makan officer?

According to Foodpanda's website, a CMO will get to travel around Singapore to savour the food from 15,000 different restaurant partners.

They must also document their food adventures and their stories will eventually be shared on Foodpanda's social media pages.

A monthly allowance of S$5,000 will be given to a CMO, on top of a S$1,000 remuneration.

Additionally, a CMO will also be tasked to conceptualise and execute creative food-themed content showcasing offerings from Foodpanda shops and Pandamart.

The CMO will also enjoy some perks, including gaining exclusive access to select restaurants and Pandamart warehouses.

Although the contract offered for the role of CMO only lasts for three months, you can get the opportunity to collaborate with Foodpanda as a food influencer after the three-month stint.

Application and requirements

To be eligible for the job, you must either be a Singaporean or a Permanent Resident (PR).

You must also be able to commit for three months, starting from Jan. 4, 2021.

Some of the other quirky requirements Foodpanda stated include:

• " History of eating during lecture will be counted as a relevant experience"
  • "Demonstrated track record of posting drool-worthy photos"
  • "High metabolism"

Applications for the role will open from Tuesday (Dec. 1) and will run for two weeks until Dec. 15.

Interested candidates can apply by sending in a one-minute video via Foodpanda's LinkedIn page or through its website.

An example of a video resume can be in the style of a mukbang.

As of 7pm on Nov. 28, 18 people have applied for the job through Foodpanda's LinkedIn page.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

52 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Do they have a position for "snake makan officer" with the same pay and allowance?

This position high in demand.

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Do they have a position for "snake makan officer" with the same pay and allowance?

I think that role has been renamed to the more PETA friendly "lower limb oscillation officer".

• Haha! 4

I can work weekends and nights.

Can apply?

:grin:

Maybe also lunch if nearby

my Exotic Spa Boutique.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 4

Is there a typo for the salary, missing 1 or 2 '0'?? $1K per month is lower than even a cleaner, who under the PWM can get $1.3K pm at least. And how to eat $5,000 worth of food without any form of travelling ($$$ applies)? 

If I am those 'C' suite executive, I would be damn sad that the C title have been misused just for catching the eyeballs. Reminded me of this. 

fA0q4n6.png

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 4

3 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Stat boards/Civil service have many already.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Ake109 said:

Stat boards/Civil service have many already.

Wish I joined them.

I blame the stupid career guidance officer

never told me about this lobang.

• Haha! 3

Anyway I told my kids

don't make the same mistake as me.

Every day I have to get my hands dirty.

Well more oily massaging young ladies.

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Must be willing to work in gummy factory.... 

But now cannot travel yet. 

9310434004798.png

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Kangadrool said:

$1000 is below the "minimum" wage of our cleaners and security guards of $1300. Don't be fooled by high figure of $5000 food allowance.

Sadly, a lot of job seekers, especially low wage group, are just looking at total package deal. To these people, what they see is total of $6,000 huat ah, chiong ah, KDGL... ... But they did not realize the net gain is pathetic to say the least. $1K basic pay after 20% employee CPF deduction, take home pay is barely $800. And whatever benefits, such as OT and AWS shall be based on $1K too, so meaning by end of a full year (assuming it will eventually be a full time job), the successful applicant will only get $13K at best (and that is before CPF deduction mind you). 

And many had mentioned in this page that if the $5K allowance is by claim basis, how much transport cost is the person going to incur so as to try $5K worth of food per month? That will left that person with almost nothing, after factoring in the transportation cost!!

I detest such advertising move and pay package, absolutely no different from those MLMs or fly by night setup. Let me share an insight about having low basis pay. The security industry used to practice having super low basic salary of $400 - 500 per month and then topping it up with "lubricative" $1,000 - $1,500 shift and/or transport allowance, so the total package of between $1500 - $1,800 still appears very attractive to many. But once these security guards started claiming OT, they then realized that OT rate is based on the low $400 - $500 basic pay, instead of $1,500...

And that was not all, when they wants to switch to in-house security role, some new employer will offer them with say $800 - $1,000 basic pay, telling them that this is already "double" of what they used to be getting, no further negotiation allowed... 

Better think twice or trice before accepting such as role and pay package, even if you are very hungry for a job.:a-anyone:

• Praise 6

39 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Sadly, a lot of job seekers, especially low wage group, are just looking at total package deal. To these people, what they see is total of $6,000 huat ah, chiong ah, KDGL... ... But they did not realize the net gain is pathetic to say the least. $1K basic pay after 20% employee CPF deduction, take home pay is barely $800. And whatever benefits, such as OT and AWS shall be based on $1K too, so meaning by end of a full year (assuming it will eventually be a full time job), the successful applicant will only get $13K at best (and that is before CPF deduction mind you). 

And many had mentioned in this page that if the $5K allowance is by claim basis, how much transport cost is the person going to incur so as to try $5K worth of food per month? That will left that person with almost nothing, after factoring in the transportation cost!!

I detest such advertising move and pay package, absolutely no different from those MLMs or fly by night setup. Let me share an insight about having low basis pay. The security industry used to practice having super low basic salary of $400 - 500 per month and then topping it up with "lubricative" $1,000 - $1,500 shift and/or transport allowance, so the total package of between $1500 - $1,800 still appears very attractive to many. But once these security guards started claiming OT, they then realized that OT rate is based on the low $400 - $500 basic pay, instead of $1,500...

And that was not all, when they wants to switch to in-house security role, some new employer will offer them with say $800 - $1,000 basic pay, telling them that this is already "double" of what they used to be getting, no further negotiation allowed... 

Better think twice or trice before accepting such as role and pay package, even if you are very hungry for a job.:a-anyone:

Don't forget that this 5K allowance most likely is taxable too!

Same with Sales in some SMEs, job requirement is must possess own car, but pay very low basic and car allowance. You are lucky if they pay decent commission, and commission most likely tied to account receivables are fully paid.

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Kangadrool said:

$1000 is below the "minimum" wage of our cleaners and security guards of $1300. Don't be fooled by high figure of $5000 food allowance.

Most likely for "zho boh lan from home". As long as you can take good pictures and do some decent writing/review. That's extra income if you are already wfm. So more can have big feast frequently. Can go out and eat expensive food on weekends too. What's not to like?

Don't think it's for full time job. If you are a food critic or "influenza" this will be additional income.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2